Ren'Py Abandoned Eros Academy [v2.3] [Novus]

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Azaliel

Jan 20, 2018
It's got potential for content, but I'd prefer to be able to have a choice between male or female main character.

Reactions: blahblah25

anschwww

May 10, 2017
Public

*Update* Just to be contrary, Mega finished uploading faster than I expected. Links to the new version below

- Untested

Should be only a small bugfix...

Reactions: N7 and DrackDrap

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Can you add a tag for Female Protagonist unless there's an option for male?
Tags:

Right at the top of the page

Azaliel

Jan 20, 2018
Tags:

Right at the top of the page
Sorry didn't see it before.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
*blink* *blink* Huh, I had no idea my game had a thread on here. Cool.

I don't see any outstanding bugs that haven't been fixed, which is also good. For the curious, a new Patron build (v2.05) went up just a few hours ago. The next public build is planned for July, likely sometime around mid-month. The public builds got farther apart to keep them at roughly the same size they were before (the July release will have 55 new images), despite my development on the game slowing somewhat as I split my time between it and my new VN project.

P.S. There are now a couple of mirrors for the v2.01 Public build. In addition to the normal mega links:
For PC

For Mac

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Wow, that got updated amazingly fast (thanks!). Here's the release notes for the new public release.

----------------------

Eros Academy v2.05 (Public) Release Notes

This update adds Ponygirl Play, Jobs at the Academy, and the Intro to Bondage Class. Included is:

- A new Location, the Stables (Found via Go Somewhere in the Main Hallway Menu)

- Ponyplay events at the Stables. Have Faith train to be a ponygirl and participate in Ponygirl races (with multiple results depending on Faith's Fitness Score)

- Work at the Academy!(Find the new option via the Main Hallway Menu) There are four jobs(Maid, Model, Scenario Actress, Dungeon Dom), some with unlock conditions. Which job you get is random until each has been done at least once.

- Attend a new class, Intro to Bondage. If Faith meets the requirements, she can volunteer to be the demonstration model for the class...or she can stand back and watch the instructor take that role...

- A few bugfixes for long-standing but not game-ending issues.

--------------------------

v2.07 is out for Patrons as well, adding another scenario and a new random encounter (totaling 30 new renders).

Reactions: cvbn28c and UncleVT

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
What kind of fetishes/kinks/tags ?

ALL OF THEM !!

Lol kidding, will try it out later when at home.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Eros Academy [v2.05] [Novus] - Original Size: 923MB

Download PC (69MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Big.Joe

Jun 1, 2017
i really like the game ! But i have 1 question: will it be possible in the future to play as male ? That would make the game even better, imo

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Thank you for the game its look like house party.
You're welcome! Though I hope it's a little less...obtuse than House Party was the last time I played it. The inane chains of obscure events needed to get anywhere in that game annoyed the hell out of me.

Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Eros Academy [v2.05] [Novus] - Original Size: 923MB

Download PC (69MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
*sigh* I know I ought to at least convert everything over to jpg for size reasons at this point. But the truth is that I've always hated the image quality loss that comes with most forms of compression and the game is only now really starting to hit sizes that might be prohibitive to some people. Still, thanks for making a compressed version :).

i really like the game ! But i have 1 question: will it be possible in the future to play as male ? That would make the game even better, imo
I'm glad you like the game! About being able to play as a male character, however... In a word, no. In two words - Hell No.

*sigh*

Sorry. I'm not wanting to be a jerk, despite how that might have sounded. It's just that this is the single most asked for and commented on thing I've been getting since day one, and it frustrates the heck out of me. As such, this isn't really a rant or answer aimed at you specifically, but an explanation of 'Hell no' for everyone that wants to know. So please don't take offense :)....

Every time this is asked I kinda want to ask the person how they imagine that would be possible. At this point, including the new Patron release, there are almost 800 unique renders in the game. In order to add a male protagonist, I'd have to redo every single one of them (Well, almost every single one). There is no possible way to add another protagonist, not even another female protagonist, to a game like this, without effectively remaking the entire game from scratch. At which point it's not really so much 'adding another protagonist' as it is 'making a second game with similar content.'

Which isn't going to happen at this point. To give people some idea what they are asking for with this...every single render takes an average of 2 hours (sometimes much more, sometimes a bit less). That's a minimum combined render time of 24 continuous days. And that's just for the render time. It's taken over a year of working 2-3 hours a day, every single day (7 days a week), to reach the point the game is at now. Duplicating it with another protagonist wouldn't take quite as long, since I could reuse some of the work(such as locations I've made and saved). But I'd estimate it would take at least 8-10 months of doing absolutely nothing else as far as development was concerned.

So...No. There is never going to be an option for a male protagonist for Eros Academy.

Personally I think that would waste development time when it could be spent on more content.
Bless you Gomly1980, you really understand :'(.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
*sigh* I know I ought to at least convert everything over to jpg for size reasons at this point. But the truth is that I've always hated the image quality loss that comes with most forms of compression and the game is only now really starting to hit sizes that might be prohibitive to some people. Still, thanks for making a compressed version :).
If you have a moment, take a look at the graphics quality in the compressed version and compare it to your originals. Myself and a few of the other OCD moderators and staff here have agreed that we can't tell the difference. :)

Big.Joe

Jun 1, 2017
You're welcome! Though I hope it's a little less...obtuse than House Party was the last time I played it. The inane chains of obscure events needed to get anywhere in that game annoyed the hell out of me.

I'm glad you like the game! About being able to play as a male character, however... In a word, no. In two words - Hell No.

*sigh*

Sorry. I'm not wanting to be a jerk, despite how that might have sounded. It's just that this is the single most asked for and commented on thing I've been getting since day one, and it frustrates the heck out of me. As such, this isn't really a rant or answer aimed at you specifically, but an explanation of 'Hell no' for everyone that wants to know. So please don't take offense :)....

Every time this is asked I kinda want to ask the person how they imagine that would be possible. At this point, including the new Patron release, there are almost 800 unique renders in the game. In order to add a male protagonist, I'd have to redo every single one of them (Well, almost every single one). There is no possible way to add another protagonist, not even another female protagonist, to a game like this, without effectively remaking the entire game from scratch. At which point it's not really so much 'adding another protagonist' as it is 'making a second game with similar content.'

Which isn't going to happen at this point. To give people some idea what they are asking for with this...every single render takes an average of 2 hours (sometimes much more, sometimes a bit less). That's a minimum combined render time of 24 continuous days. And that's just for the render time. It's taken over a year of working 2-3 hours a day, every single day (7 days a week), to reach the point the game is at now. Duplicating it with another protagonist wouldn't take quite as long, since I could reuse some of the work(such as locations I've made and saved). But I'd estimate it would take at least 8-10 months of doing absolutely nothing else as far as development was concerned.

So...No. There is never going to be an option for a male protagonist for Eros Academy.

thank you for your answer, non offense taken.
I just tend to like games with a male protagonist more and was curious because of the "get a dick option"

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
If you have a moment, take a look at the graphics quality in the compressed version and compare it to your originals. Myself and a few of the other OCD moderators and staff here have agreed that we can't tell the difference. :)
I'm actually out of town for a business trip at the moment and don't have a copy of the original on my laptop (...my laptop often ends up being passed around to clients, having something like Eros Academy on it would be...not very smart). I'll take a look when I'm back home :).

thank you for your answer, non offense taken.
I just tend to like games with a male protagonist more and was curious because of the "get a dick option"
Sorry you got caught up in my soapbox rant ^_^. And I guess I can see why that would make you think I might do a male protagonist at some point. I had to do some code gymnastics to make the transformation stuff work, though, since it can only function with the handful of scenes set up for it. You can't just, say, go on a date with Naomi after doing the transformation, since each of the transformations would require me to redo all of the date content (Which could get ugly quick, given the number of combinations x the number of renders in any of the dates would be scary, even with just the two possible current transformations). It's also why the amount of transformation content is so limited. Well, that and the fact that it doesn't appeal much to me personally. It doesn't bother me either (if it did, it wouldn't be in the game), I'm just kinda 'meh' about it.

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017

*sigh*

As it says in the pervy bible 'Forgive them for they not know what really turns them on'.

Ok me being awesome is done now. Basically a lot of patreon devs are fucktards who know next to nothing other than that patreon makes money, and the fans forget that some devs have a specific story to tell and think every game should cater to their individual specific needs.

I've seen this game about a lot but never tried it. There fuck all else out so gonna take a look at it now.

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes