Ren'Py Abandoned Eros Academy [v2.3] [Novus]

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
First: Two thumbs up. I like how you can choose to drive Faith to be either domme or sub and are not locked in once that's done.

Request: Add a way for a dominant Faith to take her little subbie pool playmate to the Kennel to be fitted out as a cat girl (perhaps require taking her to class first) for a while. Add a way for a dominant Faith to take same to the Stable to be fitted out as Faith's pony for a while. Or that fellow from the onsen could be fitted out as a stallion. Or even the mentor, although I don't get that vibe from her.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
If you have a moment, take a look at the graphics quality in the compressed version and compare it to your originals. Myself and a few of the other OCD moderators and staff here have agreed that we can't tell the difference. :)
So...despite it having been a little while, I didn't forget! I've just been a little busy trying to catch up to things after being out of town for a bit.

Anyway, I took a look at the compressed version and it's not horrible...but I can definitely tell the deference. Mostly it's on the character models (particularly at full screen), but it also seems to have done weird things to the lighting in places. Still, it's not a bad alternative (except that Lily looks kinda horrifying) for people who don't want to (or realistically can't) download the 720p uncompressed version. Sometime in the not-to-distant future, I'll probably at least convert everything over to JPG from the current PNGs, which will help the HD version be a bit less bulky. With around 800 images to do it to though...and at least one line of code to change for each of them...it probably won't be until at least the next public update :).

Reactions: bas

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
First: Two thumbs up. I like how you can choose to drive Faith to be either domme or sub and are not locked in once that's done.

Request: Add a way for a dominant Faith to take her little subbie pool playmate to the Kennel to be fitted out as a cat girl (perhaps require taking her to class first) for a while. Add a way for a dominant Faith to take same to the Stable to be fitted out as Faith's pony for a while. Or that fellow from the onsen could be fitted out as a stallion. Or even the mentor, although I don't get that vibe from her.
Thanks for the thumbs up! As for the request...I totally wish that were as easy as it seems. I actually do intend to have more content for the Kennel and Stables that will involved Naomi and Lily (Possibly Michael at some point as well), but it will likely either be a set of one-offs or a menu replacer like the Transformations use (That is to say, that the main Hallway menu is replaced with a version that only allows you to go to places with cat/pony girl content). The reason for this is that I can't easily re-render all the content and whatnot all around the academy to include variations for having say, Naomi, as a cat-gril for a prolong time. Doing something like that would be a MAJOR undertaking that, with the current update cycle and time I have available, would likely result in no new updates for at least a couple of months while I chewed through all the places that needed changes. Hmmmm....the closest I'll probably get is if I make something that will put her in the cat gear at the pool and replace her personal menu with catgirl events...that would sort of do it....

Reactions: cvbn28c and Freki

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Thanks for the thumbs up! As for the request...I totally wish that were as easy as it seems. I actually do intend to have more content for the Kennel and Stables that will involved Naomi and Lily (Possibly Michael at some point as well), but it will likely either be a set of one-offs or a menu replacer like the Transformations use (That is to say, that the main Hallway menu is replaced with a version that only allows you to go to places with cat/pony girl content). The reason for this is that I can't easily re-render all the content and whatnot all around the academy to include variations for having say, Naomi, as a cat-gril for a prolong time. Doing something like that would be a MAJOR undertaking that, with the current update cycle and time I have available, would likely result in no new updates for at least a couple of months while I chewed through all the places that needed changes. Hmmmm....the closest I'll probably get is if I make something that will put her in the cat gear at the pool and replace her personal menu with catgirl events...that would sort of do it....

First of all I want to say thank you for the game, I've enjoyed it immensely. I will NOT ask for a male protagonist, beyond your NO answer above, and that it'd be a huge undertaking I look at it as I did not make this so why ask unless i'm willing to accept that NO answer :). I would comment about Naomi as cat-girl.... it would be a new sequence that you only need to add to a menu series and it branches to the naomi catgirl menu and then eventually it moves back to the normal menu. (which is kinda like what you already mentioned) but mainly I just wanted to say thank you for being here and answering the questions and not being mad that some of us don't support you monetarily but we do when we can :)

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
First of all I want to say thank you for the game, I've enjoyed it immensely. I will NOT ask for a male protagonist, beyond your NO answer above, and that it'd be a huge undertaking I look at it as I did not make this so why ask unless i'm willing to accept that NO answer :). I would comment about Naomi as cat-girl.... it would be a new sequence that you only need to add to a menu series and it branches to the naomi catgirl menu and then eventually it moves back to the normal menu. (which is kinda like what you already mentioned) but mainly I just wanted to say thank you for being here and answering the questions and not being mad that some of us don't support you monetarily but we do when we can :)
I'm glad you've enjoyed it :). It means a lot to me when people take the time to say that! And trust me, I don't hold it against you if you can't or don't support me monetarily! I'm immensely grateful to those that do, but I myself have rather limited financial means and can't support half the games that I play, despite wishing I could. Which is part of the reason that none of my patreon games will ever be completely locked behind a paywall, only delayed for public release. I'm far too grateful to all the other amazing game makers out there with the same policy to ever go the root of those developers that close their games to the general public.

As for cat-girl Naomi, you seem to have a grasp on what I would actually do with her. I'm currently focused on trying to flesh out the overall events of the academy, to make sure there is actually a decent amount of each type of content (Classes, Scenarios, Random Encounters, Dom-Faith and Sub-Faith, etc.). But more cat-girl Naomi content is absolutely a thing that will happen eventually! That particular type of content just fits her too perfectly not to build in more of it when I can :).

Reactions: Freki

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Yes, I was talking about a single scene or scene arc that ends with Naomi back as she is now, or with a flag set that allows even more cat-girl things if/when Faith invites her to the kennel again.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I'm glad you've enjoyed it :). It means a lot to me when people take the time to say that! And trust me, I don't hold it against you if you can't or don't support me monetarily! I'm immensely grateful to those that do, but I myself have rather limited financial means and can't support half the games that I play, despite wishing I could. Which is part of the reason that none of my patreon games will ever be completely locked behind a paywall, only delayed for public release. I'm far too grateful to all the other amazing game makers out there with the same policy to ever go the root of those developers that close their games to the general public.

As for cat-girl Naomi, you seem to have a grasp on what I would actually do with her. I'm currently focused on trying to flesh out the overall events of the academy, to make sure there is actually a decent amount of each type of content (Classes, Scenarios, Random Encounters, Dom-Faith and Sub-Faith, etc.). But more cat-girl Naomi content is absolutely a thing that will happen eventually! That particular type of content just fits her too perfectly not to build in more of it when I can :).
Oh I can understand it completely. and you are very welcome, support comes in many forms and i am glad you are one that accepts this kind of support. :) I always have suggestions hehehe I would like to see more groups you could go to, the exhibitionist group is great but I am always wondering what other groups are out there. One other suggestion if I may, perhaps a choice that allows you to throw a game of volleyball or the tennis matches or make it RNG but make it possible to not win once you get over the physical readyness threshold required to win so you can get the fail to win endings :) again thanks for what you do!

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Oh I can understand it completely. and you are very welcome, support comes in many forms and i am glad you are one that accepts this kind of support. :) I always have suggestions hehehe I would like to see more groups you could go to, the exhibitionist group is great but I am always wondering what other groups are out there. One other suggestion if I may, perhaps a choice that allows you to throw a game of volleyball or the tennis matches or make it RNG but make it possible to not win once you get over the physical readyness threshold required to win so you can get the fail to win endings :) again thanks for what you do!
...I can't believe I didn't think to include an option to lose those games on purpose -_-. I'll likely sneak that into this month's patreon update, since it should only be a couple of quick lines of code. As for other groups, I've always intended to add them, but at the moment I've made the conscious choice to stop expanding outward shallowly (that is, adding a ton more places with only a little content in each), so that I can fill out the current locations and options in more depth. Adding more scenarios, classes, exercises and such so that it feels like there's actually plenty of content in the core options. But once I get a few updates worth of that sort of thing in, I'll start expanding content for groups and dates again!

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
...I can't believe I didn't think to include an option to lose those games on purpose :noexpression:. I'll likely sneak that into this month's patreon update, since it should only be a couple of quick lines of code. As for other groups, I've always intended to add them, but at the moment I've made the conscious choice to stop expanding outward shallowly (that is, adding a ton more places with only a little content in each), so that I can fill out the current locations and options in more depth. Adding more scenarios, classes, exercises and such so that it feels like there's actually plenty of content in the core options. But once I get a few updates worth of that sort of thing in, I'll start expanding content for groups and dates again!
I love how you'll likely sneak it in... sounds like you won't even tell anyone :) and I can understand the want to flesh out the other places too, I was only curious. thanks for being so open about things!

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
I love how you'll likely sneak it in... sounds like you won't even tell anyone :) and I can understand the want to flesh out the other places too, I was only curious. thanks for being so open about things!
Ha. I might put it in the release notes ^_^. But it's totally one of those face-palm things, that I'm a bit sheepish I didn't think of.

And I try to always answer questions so people know where things are going :). Not to mention having some idea what people actually want to see. I've already upped the timeframe for adding certain things due to people asking about them. Like trying to get at least one or two new catgirl Naomi scenes in by the next public release ;-). While I've always intended to put more of them in, knowing people like them let's me know what to prioritize when I can.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Ha. I might put it in the release notes ^_^. But it's totally one of those face-palm things, that I'm a bit sheepish I didn't think of.

And I try to always answer questions so people know where things are going :). Not to mention having some idea what people actually want to see. I've already upped the timeframe for adding certain things due to people asking about them. Like trying to get at least one or two new catgirl Naomi scenes in by the next public release ;-). While I've always intended to put more of them in, knowing people like them let's me know what to prioritize when I can.
You are a great dev, willing to appease your fan base without sacrificing the story you are creating... Thank you! and by all means I will support you because of this in any way I can, and I will enjoy what you release. now if only we could clone you so that you can do even more work faster! (and duplicate your computer) hehehehehe

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
You are a great dev, willing to appease your fan base without sacrificing the story you are creating... Thank you! and by all means I will support you because of this in any way I can, and I will enjoy what you release. now if only we could clone you so that you can do even more work faster! (and duplicate your computer) hehehehehe
Thanks for the compliment ;). And I think just duplicating my computer would be enough...I doubt I'd actually get along with my own clone ^_^.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
is that second image futa or just a dude with long hair?...after reading the changelogs this game seems like it might need alot more tags..lol..just add a tag that says "ALL the tags" if i can take her on a pure lesbian route i'll give this a looksee. :D

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Eros Academy [v2.10] [Novus]- Original Size: 1.01GB

Download PC (64MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

gl00wa

Oct 18, 2017
(...) Not to mention having some idea what people actually want to see. (...)
Ok, you asked for it :)

I can only speak for myself, but im REALLY into chastity/orgasm denial, so Naomi content is awesome! Moar please :3 (Perhaps having a route for her in which she grows to love denial as well, resulting in player being able to keep her denied (but certainly not stimulation free :3) indefinately? Along with her coming to ask for release but both the PC and her knowing she just wants to be teased a bit and then denied again? Stuff like that. Also, reverse please - PC in chastity (the idea mentioned in the intro with fitness-chastity sounds awesome, but maybe a nice NPC to take control of PC orgasms could show up? You know how PC's can never be trusted with them :3 )

Reactions: Useraro

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Added v2.10 to OP.
Thank you! I had intended to drop by and announce the new public release, but I've been playing catch up with a lot of bits and pieces do to some hardware trouble last month. I only just got around to visiting the various forums today, only to discover you'd already done it. So thanks :p.

is that second image futa or just a dude with long hair?...after reading the changelogs this game seems like it might need alot more tags..lol..just add a tag that says "ALL the tags" if i can take her on a pure lesbian route i'll give this a looksee. :D
That particular image is just a dude with long hair. However, the game does have Optional transformation of both the PC character and one other character. There's only a limited amount of content in that direction, all completely skipable, but it is there.

*looks at second pic*

How cute, Elena is all grown up.
Elena? Some other character using that model I take it? It was an brand new (and thus uncommon) model when I first started developing Eros(nearly 2 years ago now), but I'd be unsurprised if it hadn't shown up since then.

Ok, you asked for it :)

I can only speak for myself, but im REALLY into chastity/orgasm denial, so Naomi content is awesome! Moar please :3 (Perhaps having a route for her in which she grows to love denial as well, resulting in player being able to keep her denied (but certainly not stimulation free :3) indefinately? Along with her coming to ask for release but both the PC and her knowing she just wants to be teased a bit and then denied again? Stuff like that. Also, reverse please - PC in chastity (the idea mentioned in the intro with fitness-chastity sounds awesome, but maybe a nice NPC to take control of PC orgasms could show up? You know how PC's can never be trusted with them :3 )
As it happens, this month's Patreon release is going to introduce a scene or two with an actual chastity belt ;-). Previously, I hadn't been able to get a hold of a decent DAZ-compatible asset for one, but one was developed relatively recently that I'm purchasing with this month's patronage :). It'll be awhile before that one goes public, but it is going to be there.

At the same time, I'm afraid that the indefinite option is unlikely to ever happen. From the beginning, one of my goals with Eros Academy (and my new game The Sexy Cosplay Cafe, for that matter) was to show only 100% healthy views of sexuality. There's a metric ton of games out there with dark or twisted themes...I wanted to make one that shows that many of the same topics/kinks can be completely healthy and positive experiences.

To be clear before I say anything else and put my foot in my mouth, I understand that it is most likely possible to have that particular kink to that level in a healthy manner.

.....buuuutttt, it would be really hard to represent it in a healthy manner. Getting the idea of it being fun and legitimately desired across, without infusing an element of cruelty that could easily be misinterpreted as actual cruelty rather than part of the fun, would be insanely hard. To the point I'm not sure I could actually pull it off. Hence it being unlikely to show up :). Sorry!

Reactions: Useraro and UncleVT

gl00wa

Oct 18, 2017
At the same time, I'm afraid that the indefinite option is unlikely to ever happen. From the beginning, one of my goals with Eros Academy (and my new game The Sexy Cosplay Cafe, for that matter) was to show only 100% healthy views of sexuality. There's a metric ton of games out there with dark or twisted themes...I wanted to make one that shows that many of the same topics/kinks can be completely healthy and positive experiences.

To be clear before I say anything else and put my foot in my mouth, I understand that it is most likely possible to have that particular kink to that level in a healthy manner.

.....buuuutttt, it would be really hard to represent it in a healthy manner. Getting the idea of it being fun and legitimately desired across, without infusing an element of cruelty that could easily be misinterpreted as actual cruelty rather than part of the fun, would be insanely hard. To the point I'm not sure I could actually pull it off. Hence it being unlikely to show up :). Sorry!
Hmmm, havent thought about it from this point of view, i see what you mean. Hmmmm... I still think it would be doable with PC being denied by an NPC - with agency being left to the player where they have option to either ask to be released or pretend to ask to be released :p Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, and reading through my comment in the first place :)

Just a final note - i agree with you on the abundance of dark themed games. It's just that tease/denial and orgasm control are VERY rarely a big part of any game, dark themed or not (at best there is 1 maybe 2 scenes) and my kink needs are very unfulfilled :p And your game already has the best mix in (imo, ofc) loving/caring dom-sub relations with prominent orgasm control elements :) I know only one other game that goes there. Compare to the amount of atenttion literally any other kink gets, from vanilla sex to brutal incest raep/whatever. I think you know what i mean :p

PS
I you know more games with those themes, links pls :)

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes