2D Erotic 2D Art, requesting feedback

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
Another one. In game, this is the previous girl's mother, she might look too young? Personally not a big problem for me because at least she is still attractive lol.

Ariella.png

Last edited:

Xx_Blast_xX

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2020
Improve your contrast would really make your artwork pop and interesting. It's Kool if you want to go with cel shading and line art style but add more than just two colors you really want that contrast from light to dark. 968010_Ariella_mod.png

Reactions: Lussuria

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
Improve your contrast would really make your artwork pop and interesting. It's Kool if you want to go with cel shading and line art style but add more than just two colors you really want that contrast from light to dark.
That looks pretty good! I see what you mean and I would benefit from using a few more highlight/shading colors but I'm also trying to work within self established constraints and stay economical in the amount of detail in each work. You have an eye for color though, that purplish shadow you use on the bottom right of the face works really well! (Can't believe you would just stunt on me in my own thread like this! :ROFLMAO:)

I am concerned that if I do fancy shading like that on the face, it won't mesh well with the rest of the piece if its not also as detailed. When it comes to doing the h-scenes I also don't want to spend ages meticulously shading and highlighting entire bodies. Damn, you did make it pop and give it more depth tho, but it also kind of leads into an uncanny plastic/oiled up like look with the shine. I will try and incorporate your advice and improve my work shading though. Thanks a lot!

Xx_Blast_xX

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2020
I understand time is very important especially in game development. This took less then 5 minutes yo do. I notice your work is more solid colors not soft. You could still do that, I guess the point I m trying to say you had two colors before make it three which is shadow, midtones and highlights. Im kinda rushing on this reply, I wish I could tell you more but Im strap for time. Your proportions are great btw. Best of luck though.

Last edited:

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
I understand time is very important especially in game development. This took less then 5 minutes yo do. I notice your work is more solid colors not soft. You could still do that, I guess the point I m trying to say you had two colors before make it three which is shadow, midtones and highlights. Im kinda rushing on this reply, I wish I could tell you more but Im strap for time. Your proportions are great btw. Best of luck though.
Damn, stunting on me again, the whole piece took me like 6 hours and you improve it in 5 minutes. If you can't tell I'm not *really* an artist. The reason proportions are good is because I trace ;). Technically, I did TRY and use three colors, I just did it very sparingly. I need to be more aggressive with it! Thanks again.

hhrichards

Dec 11, 2020
I disagree with the feedback above, I think your art is perfect, and XxJirenxX 's improvements make the face & cleavage look too shiny & unrealistic. Maybe if you want it her to look glossy, like a glamorous model on a photoshoot, but I like your realistic muted colours which look like a normal woman in her own home.

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
I should have listened... I should not be drawing these backgrounds. Takes a lot of time but I enjoy it too much! Not 100% finished but I think it's in a pretty good place, let me know what you think!

HostelExterior.png

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
Thanks hhrichards! I think it works pretty well, here are some first in-game screenshots. UI, Backgrounds, nothing is really finalized but it feels great to be making progress. I will probably make a development thread instead of an art thread soon but need to really settle on a name for the game first.

pythonw_gFQfihANFW.png pythonw_5H6G9oTVW7.png

Reactions: hhrichards

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
There's something a bit manly about her face. You might consider narrowing down her lower face a little.

hhrichards

Dec 11, 2020
I like it! But like Doorknob22 I also thought at first glance that this was a man's face. Not sure what you can be done about that though? The differences between a masculine & feminine face must be very subtle!

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
Thanks for the advice and kind words. I narrowed the face and eyebrows just slightly and added eyelashes which I think helps. I think in game it reads a lot better as a girl especially at full size. Here is an updated slightly larger, cropped version.

inkscape_C6T0xrAg56.png

• Love
Reactions: Basilicata

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
I still think I'm improving! Let me know what you think!

Also, I have a for those of you who wish to be informed when the game I've been working on featuring this art releases! The game will have morality choices, branching paths, and feature both corruption and romance mechanics. ( )

EmiliaTealSkirt.png

• Love

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
Lil bit thiccer with this girl, I think I'm progressing to the point I'll need to redo the earlier art I've done! Blessing and a curse.

SofiaWhiteTop.png

• Love