2D Erotic 2D Art, requesting feedback

D

Deleted member 1932742

i thought the protagonist was a female, really like the art style and soft nude toning though

Reactions: Lussuria

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
i thought the protagonist was a female, really like the art style and soft nude toning though
Nope, it's going to be a male mc, I just haven't gotten around to drawing him yet haha! Most of the game takes place in first person anyway so you won't see the mc much most likely. I'm not sure if I really just want to only show the mc in h-scenes, I think that can aid with allowing players to self insert though.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like the art style!

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
Haven't had as much time in February to work on art and the piece I am working on when I find some time is a huuuuge city scape that's been taking me way longer than I anticipated. I was hoping to release a first version of the game in March but now it's looking more like April or even May. I want to get an actual development thread started for the game too but I still can't settle on a name for the game, too much pressure!

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Hey Lussuria! I hadn't checked on your progress for a while! Wow! You are getting really good and fast! If you need xrated HD photos try this site:
If I may do a suggestion: Maybe do not outline each tooth when you make a smile. Leave it white or do a partial in a neutral color. Anyway. I really like your art so far. Keep on doing it.

• Red Heart

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
Hey Lussuria! I hadn't checked on your progress for a while! Wow! You are getting really good and fast! If you need xrated HD photos try this site:
If I may do a suggestion: Maybe do not outline each tooth when you make a smile. Leave it white or do a partial in a neutral color. Anyway. I really like your art so far. Keep on doing it.
Thanks for the kind words Basilicata! Funnily enough I've searched through F95 about traced art to see what people think and I believe I saw you post about pics.vc before and have been using that.

• Love
Reactions: Basilicata

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
Created a quick time-lapse showing the drawing of the city skyline. This took probably around 70 hours of work to finish. Doing vector art like this is a lot slower than rendering 3d art and does make me concerned about the amount of renders I can have in the game and whether that will make players dissatisfied. On the other hand, as someone who has played a lot of these games, I do get a bit tired of DAZ renders and hope others might find my art style refreshing.

Discerning viewers should be able to tell the setting of the game from this piece.

SkylineSlower.gif

Last edited:

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
Did this one a bit quicker than the last one, took about 4 hours in total. I think I need more practice with faces, there is a lot of room for improvement all over the piece but especially the face. I also have a general outline for the beginning of a game though, and this scene takes up all of 10 seconds so I didn't want to spend too much time on this interaction.

ExitingPlaneCropped.png
Went back and made some big improvements to this old piece.

ExitingPlaneSmall.png

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
I still think I'm improving! Let me know what you think!

Also, I have a for those of you who wish to be informed when the game I've been working on featuring this art releases! The game will have morality choices, branching paths, and feature both corruption and romance mechanics. ( )

View attachment 1004734
"Teehee don't hit on me silly boys"

EmiliaTealSkirt_FlashOrange.png

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020
You've made some very good progress since the first pictures!
But word of advice, use less stark bright whites for the clothes, only highlighted parts should be that bright (and that's usually in studio conditions!). Most clothes have a lot of folds when worn that create a lot of shadows, and if they are thin there's also some transparency that will add a bit of colour.

Also hi hhrichards ! Funny seeing you here, I was just commenting on your games on itch the other day.

Jan 25, 2020
I should have listened... I should not be drawing these backgrounds. Takes a lot of time but I enjoy it too much! Not 100% finished but I think it's in a pretty good place, let me know what you think!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Whether you want to draw the backgrounds or not is really up to you.
I want to make my own backgrounds so I don't have to rely on edited photos, it's a good occasion for me to practice perspective. But if that's not your thing or it takes you too long when you want to focus on other things then just stick to photos. There's also 3D backgrounds using tools like Daz3D, Blender, even Source/Hammer, but those also take time to learn, on the plus side once you're set they can be used to get different perspectives on a diorama.

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
You've made some very good progress since the first pictures!
But word of advice, use less stark bright whites for the clothes, only highlighted parts should be that bright (and that's usually in studio conditions!). Most clothes have a lot of folds when worn that create a lot of shadows, and if they are thin there's also some transparency that will add a bit of colour.

Also hi hhrichards ! Funny seeing you here, I was just commenting on your games on itch the other day.
Thanks so much, you are probably right about how bright the whites are. It's tough because I don't want something that is white to look grey, but I will play around with the colors a bit and keep that in mind.

Whether you want to draw the backgrounds or not is really up to you.
I want to make my own backgrounds so I don't have to rely on edited photos, it's a good occasion for me to practice perspective. But if that's not your thing or it takes you too long when you want to focus on other things then just stick to photos. There's also 3D backgrounds using tools like Daz3D, Blender, even Source/Hammer, but those also take time to learn, on the plus side once you're set they can be used to get different perspectives on a diorama.
Yeah practicing perspective and being able to really customize and have the exact backgrounds I want is a big plus to drawing them myself. Using 3D programs is an interesting idea actually that didn't occur to me. Funnily enough, I'm experienced with both Unity and it's probuilder tools as well as Source and Hammer editor. I wouldn't use screenshots from them but it could be good to keep perspective in line and facilitate drawing the same room or scene from multiple angles, neat idea!

Jan 25, 2020
but it could be good to keep perspective in line and facilitate drawing the same room or scene from multiple angles,
Yes, that's exactly what I meant! I learned it from a comic artist who used it as one of his "cheats", using Daz 3D with grayscale renders to get the perspective and shadows on complex scenes, like fights and other group shots.
Only problem is without any squash and stretch things can look stiff, but since you're not using 3D renders as is it's not a big problem.
There's always the option of taking pictures of yourself or a friend for poses but that can be a bit complicated (and awkward for a h-game ahah).

• Haha

hhrichards

Dec 11, 2020
I love it, although her bottom looks a bit too shiny. If it's supposed to (like she's oiled up or whatever) then that's fine!

Lussuria

May 26, 2020
I love it, although her bottom looks a bit too shiny. If it's supposed to (like she's oiled up or whatever) then that's fine!
Perfect, you called it! I'm working on adding the soap suds right now, this is for a classic shower scene. Glad you like it :giggle:

Reactions: hhrichards
Jan 25, 2020
I think she needs a bit more shine to really sell that part, and some rim lighting would go great with it. And the hair and face need a bit more work too, they look a bit flat. The hair needs some highlight on the top and near the shoulder blades.