Ren'Py Escape from Ivy and Piper [v0.31] [AceX Game Studio]

4.50 star(s) 12 Votes

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Yes, I always tend to act like a kind person. (But with those who deserve it, of course, that is, the honest ones).

If your final comment was meant as a compliment, thank you for your kindness.

Regarding animations in general, there is a specific reason; "varying" between an animated and a non-animated state tends to be a technique used for three reasons:

- To reduce (save) the rendering time of an entire scene or scenes between updates.(time/work/money)

- (ties in with the point above) When a designer-animator, follows multiple projects/workstudies (or sits alongside other work groups), his or her time is limited in time by the number, so he or she uses the "flip-book" technique (especially in climax scenes, where there should be more involvement in frames and related renderings)

- Or if one is a novice developer/designer. (i.e., if you are at the 'beginning of your career as a developer-designer-animator, you tend a bit to confuse a generic VN from an animated graphic adventure )

For example, the design development of your game, is also very similar to this; you alternate between animated and "flip-book" scenes. (And I condescend here, too, as I like your 'other design work.)

An analogy in the IT field:

Windows, Gnu-Linux and Mac.

The first OS is a concetrate of graphical inconsistencies (we're talking about window design, menus, icons and a mountain of useless services that weigh down the system, so we're also talking about design/structural project), while on the other hand the last two OSs, graphically (consistency in the eyes) are a coherent and balanced amalgam. (The first OS has to sell in large numbers, so quantity, the last two (particularly the Mac) on the other hand focus on quality. (And it's no coincidence, if the design/project development environments in general, are much more mature in that 'ecosystem.)

Let's just say that I am one of those few people who likes a clean, consistent, balanced style. (I use a Windows optimized/cleaned by me and with minimal resource usage, but I have also used Gnu-Linux in the past)

And since anyway, these are two games I follow with interest, my suggestion still stands.

Thank you for your input.
Ok, well I don't know why you feel you need to explain game development to two established game developers. My last comment was not a compliment, I was giving you an out

Reactions: Greebz
Jul 21, 2022
Ok, well I don't know why you feel you need to explain game development to two established game developers. My last comment was not a compliment, I was giving you an out, because you're sounding like an ass.
Okay, well, you always get to the offensive comments, when you NEVER understand, the point of what someone wants and tries to explain. (say; constructive criticism)

Back in your personal ego. (Be careful not to get eaten up by it).

Mine on the other hand, was a sincere compliment to Ace_X and spur him/her to improve "in his/her established position". (or whoever)

In fact, I think he/she got the point of the message. (That's why I consider him/her an intelligent person).

Unlike you and some others.

And your comment, confirms your intellectual dishonesty.

Good continuation.

Last edited:

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Fan walkthrough :) v0.20
Vasaya thank you for posting your walkthrough, I found it very helpful. If you intend on keeping it up to date, it's better to open a ticket for General Support. There you can request that a f95 staff member links your walkthrough to the original post. If they approve of your guide, which I'm sure they will, your post will be linked in the Extras section. Not only will it be easier to find, whenever you are ready to make an update to the walkthrough, you can just edit the post and replace the PDF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace_X and Vasya555

Vasya555

Oct 27, 2018
Vasaya thank you for posting your walkthrough, I found it very helpful. If you intend on keeping it up to date, it's better to open a ticket for General Support. There you can request that a f95 staff member links your walkthrough to the original post. If they approve of your guide, which I'm sure they will, your post will be linked in the Extras section. Not only will it be more easily found, you need only to update your post by editing it and replacing the PDF with a more up to date version.
Thank you for your advise.

Reactions: Ace_X and rainwake

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Okay, well, you always get to the offensive comments, when you NEVER understand, the point of what someone wants and tries to explain. (say; constructive criticism)

Mine on the other hand, was a sincere compliment to Ace_X and spur him/her to improve "in his/her established position". (or whoever)

In fact, I think he/she got the point of the message. (That's why I consider him/her an intelligent person).

Good continuation.
I'm gonna number these, but they are in no particular order:

1. What the fuck are you talking about?

yea, that’s it. I’m not spending anymore time on you. I know it’s phrased as a question but please don’t feel the need to respond.

• Haha
Reactions: lmaobot1234

Ace_X

Creator of Ace X Game Studios
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018

Good continuation.
You are getting a little worked up here bud… no need to insult anyones intelligence.

llama was just saying that your criticism wasn’t constructive. Even if that’s what you intended, it didn’t come off that way, it came off as preachy and condescending.

I like to give you the benefit and I will take it as criticism, but llama was in the right here to point it out.

Now let’s all drop it.

if you want constructively criticize me, I would appreciate it. All that know llama and I really take in and appreciate feedback from our supporters.

Reactions: Llamamann

Ace_X

Creator of Ace X Game Studios
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
Hey! To all of you struggling with getting through the game, I apologize for the frustrations. I am trying to make the game challenging but not frustrating. I’ve oviously missed the mark on a few things so I hope you all know I will try to improve all the issues in the future.
it’s a hard thing to balance and I am still learning and doing everything on my own so I appreciate the feedback and the patience.
Thanks,
-Ace

Curelt

Jul 8, 2017
Does it matter yet whose relationship points i am going for?
Yeah, i don't get the sense in sharing save.Didn't try rolling back but i don't think it does anything

May 8, 2017
Does it matter yet whose relationship points i am going for?
Yeah, i don't get the sense in sharing save.Didn't try rolling back but i don't think it does anything
There are three scenes in the latest version (.20) that require a certain stat point requirement for each one. (One for love, trust, and stamina.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ive-11

Sep 10, 2019
"bdsm"? lets get more kinky n nasty stuff :coffee:

but big no for femdom n footjob

edit : nevermind i'm gonna just pass thiss game

Last edited:
Reactions: SomeoneX22
4.50 star(s) 12 Votes