2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Khaosmachina

Jun 14, 2017
Okay, so I've had to open a save editor online because one section of the game has an unavoidaable softlock, which you can only get around with noclip via something like cheat engine, or teleporting yourself by changing your coords in a save editor. Tried to unstuch myself but failed, don't think the one I used had the ability to do what I needed, was led to believe I had to open System.json and there is a LOT of untranslated things left over we can't even see.

Also, the MTL script used is absolutely fucking shit. How the hell does it fail to translate defense? It spews out bougyo instead. Same deal with maryoku as magical power and mahobogyo as... Actually I've no fucking clue what that is meant to be, manipulating that word in every way possible doesn't even come close to revealing what it might mean, trying to read it as romanji, in katakana, hiragana, tried some kanji, nothing worked. The script left something out, which caused it to spit gibberish.
Mahobogyo as in magical defence?

max_002

Mar 30, 2019
the game is not bad, but it will be more interesting to remove the game over after the defeat.

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Mahobogyo as in magical defence?
You know what, if I just noticed that bogyo was missing a u, I would have figured it out. Where the fuck did the u go?!

Could have also just figured it out with logic by checking which stat was missing but fuck it, I wanted to hurt myself.

Riviar

Mar 20, 2018
Seriously, can people stop posting MTL that are not even cleaned?
People that can deal with this sort of translation already know how to apply auto translator to most engines and they do not wait for those releases.
For the rest of us the only thing those releases do is discouraging actual translators from picking up the title.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Seriously, can people stop posting MTL that are not even cleaned?
People that can deal with this sort of translation already know how to apply auto translator to most engines and they do not wait for those releases.
For the rest of us the only thing those releases do is discouraging actual translators from picking up the title.
Yeah there really needs to be a seperate section for MTLs to be posted, I come here instead of ulmf for English language games

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Yeah there really needs to be a seperate section for MTLs to be posted, I come here instead of ulmf for English language games
People don't tend to post MTLs on ULMF though, right? Last I checked that was the case. Problem with ULMF is if you want completed, full translations. Most of them are incompleted full or partial ones, or just partials.

I used to be a massive partial patch user, as I always struggled with text hookers for some odd reason, but then I discovered the Google Trans app lets you take a photo of your phone and then it tries to identify text within it, and that text you could highlight and attempt to translate. Used that for ages until I started looking for an actual, proper PC program that did the same thing, then learnt about OCR. Been using an OCR translator ever since, has so much more utility than Google Trans, plus have you tried to take a photo of a PC screen? Difficult to take a clear shot. Add in text recognition into a poor quality photo and you're gonna have a "fun time".

Reactions: Zippix
Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone. First time commenting here.
I got stuck somewhere in the game. If it's a bug it's a playthrough breaking one if you save right before fighting the orcs that stole the wooden board. In the dark sewer, after you find the two orcs that stole your crate lid that you used as a bridge and after you beat them you claim that wooden board back. So when you try to go back from the way you came through it doesn't let you cause the wooden board it too big to fit through the way. That's the message you get. After following the other path out of the room it sends you to the eastern door-hole in the wall. There the character just stucks in the block. You can't move at any direction.
Wierd. Anyone has any idea what happened? And I kinda saved In that room after I got the crate lid

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
[...]Used that for ages until I started looking for an actual, proper PC program that did the same thing, then learnt about OCR. Been using an OCR translator ever since, has so much more utility than Google Trans, plus have you tried to take a photo of a PC screen? Difficult to take a clear shot. Add in text recognition into a poor quality photo and you're gonna have a "fun time".
Gimme-gimme-gimme a recommendation! I know (from experience) EasyScreen OCR is by far the best, but its GoogleTL-based OCR part just legit became premium (...as in no cracks for it anymore for a while now lol); looking for an alternative.

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Gimme-gimme-gimme a recommendation! I know (from experience) EasyScreen OCR is by far the best, but its GoogleTL-based OCR part just legit became premium (...as in no cracks for it anymore for a while now lol); looking for an alternative.
I use Capture2Text, it's icon looks pretty unprofessional, It's a mostly black and red square split in two, top half is black with a red "CAP" and the bottom half is red with a black "TXT" and in the middle is a white "2".

If you google the name it should be the very first result, look for sourceforge in the url. No clue how well it performs compared to other OCR translators, as I've never tried anything else.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I use Capture2Text, it's icon looks pretty unprofessional, It's a mostly black and red square split in two, top half is black with a red "CAP" and the bottom half is red with a black "TXT" and in the middle is a white "2".

If you google the name it should be the very first result, look for sourceforge in the url. No clue how well it performs compared to other OCR translators, as I've never tried anything else.
Hey man, thanks for the answer. Yeah, used and tried all of them, I reckon (you may want to try these and see how they compare, as well; might need tinkering!): Capture2Text, QTranslate, Abby Screenshot Reader, ShareX, VNR's OCR, blabla.
But boy oh boy, sadly none even come close to Google's OCR (which none of the above use, but EasyScreen OCR does). Since you probably tried C2T with many games by now, I'm pretty sure you have noticed how certain text in some cases you will never be able to correctly (or to any degree) grab: like ones with lots of text shadow, certain robust fonts, text in front of bright and / or weird-contrasted background, animated/moving background etc. Well, Google (EasyScreen OCR) tackled those too; and was (is) muuuuuch more accurate all across the board in general (and also faster, sadly xD).
Sure, every one of those can get the black text in front of a white background. But going deeper... Nope, unfortunately. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted! :)

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
...I'm pretty sure you have noticed how certain text in some cases you will never be able to correctly (or to any degree) grab: like ones with lots of text shadow, certain robust fonts, text in front of bright and / or weird-contrasted background, animated/moving background etc...
It does have issues, but the biggest issues I find are actually fonts like you said and text colour. Text shadow can be troublesome but with a bit of manipulation you can make it work unless the text has what I'd call a border instead, and animated backgrounds? NEVER had that issue, but even if I did, a quick print screen paste into paint would help fix that annoyance.

For some reason, C2T struggles a lot with reading red, pink or green text. One time one of my games had crucial information needed to solve a puzzle that was using lime green text, and C2T just could not pick up anything, even if I tried to do a single kana/kanji at a time, ended up taking a screenshot and then in paint replaced the lime with white, it actually fucking worked and let the OCR pick up the text.

KentaMenta

Apr 14, 2019
.Where there is monsters and pussy, i m a bee...will def check this out. Hope to help her escape with full sexual satisfaction.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote