Collection Others Escape from Paradise [v0.7.0] [RimeTheVixen]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Untamed

Mar 8, 2018
Good News
Escape from Paradise is still being worked on, just on a different engine that doesn't frustrate Rime to use.
No more Smile Game Builder. It'll be built on Pixel Game Maker instead and it'll have different gameplay mechanics.
Think of it as an upgraded, more comfortable workstation for Rime, encouraging more productivity.

Mar 18, 2019
That is good, though I do fear that the first person escape game it was before may change into something else. Wonder if anything else will change about it, or when we'll see a revised alpha version.

Oct 22, 2021
I hope the engine change actually lets Rime focus on a single gameplay style as opposed to a mish mash of like 4 different Ideas, it's clear smile game builder wasn't designed for what he was doing and his other game in pixel game maker was the only one he finished (granted it was a small side project) and that had consistent gameplay throughout. I'm assuming he's also switching smelly island off of SGB too so maybe he will unify some of his projects during the switch.

Reactions: yukishy
Apr 2, 2022
honestly, im dissapointed on Rime, og EFP was more of a hot idea, i have not seen that many games in that kind of engine (like doom style and stuff) and it was really fun for me and also catchy

We all know that even if he changes to a engine he is more comfy using he's still gonna have his average tantrum over the span of 4months of working on the game and he will end up dropping it off as well.

Farewell og EFP, you could had been so much more but u were doomed to have a lazy developer

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
I knew it was a south park reference, his post literally says South Park style.
I just haven't seen the episode the reference comes from
Here's a hint.

"No! Wait! There still is hope! A Japanese boy did make it to level 59!"
"Are you stupid, Uriel? Japanese people don't have souls!"

Mar 18, 2019
I wanna see what that 2d platformer looks like. While I did like the DOOM style first person perspective, depending on the art and fetishes it shows, I'll still enjoy it. I was attracted to the game by that stuff, after all.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
redoing the game as a 2d platformer? blugh
Wasn't the test builds posted here on this thread all 2d animations? I honestly think it will be from a top-down perspective like Ichikoro and not a cinema perspective like Smelly Island. He's certainly has more experience with the former perspective than the latter perspective; besides, it can help him do his reboot.

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes