5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I don't get it.
What exactly do you consider a sandbox?
Grinding, pointless repeative play. Most of times confusing and frustrating.

I had no idea you was heading to sandbox. That's probably on me being behind but to hear that makes me sad as there was only two that have had that tag that I play. (Killer project being the best and denos city)

I've however quit countless vns that switched to sandbox

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
There are 54 fucking save slots!
Is this really not enough?
Will you call your entire neighborhood to play on your device? :unsure:
Not sure how other people play H-games, but I save at each choice on pages 1-9, and at every line I want to shortcut back to on 10+. Some games that's only to page 16 or so, some easily go to 50 or 60.
Is this a joke?
RenPy Saves 1.jpg
:unsure:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Thomas Turbating

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
Hi,
Really great, I enjoyed your GAME: characters, renders and audio as well. I sincerely hope that you will continue on this path and that the sequel will be just as good and I am really looking forward to seeing the sequel!...

• Red Heart

IND-3D

Mar 24, 2020
My honest opinion given to the devolper of this game is when I played the game the female characters are not very good. Just improve its body shapes. And sex scenes are like cartoonist scenes improve those also.

Thomas Turbating

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Grinding, pointless repeative play. Most of times confusing and frustrating.

I had no idea you was heading to sandbox. That's probably on me being behind but to hear that makes me sad as there was only two that have had that tag that I play. (Killer project being the best and denos city)

I've however quit countless vns that switched to sandbox
I see, so you prefer a "book" to a game, basically.
Well, I did some research and found that there is a lot of "free hate" about sandbox games.
I didn't know there was such a thing with that kind of game.

I might as well drop the sandbox idea and just go with Visual Novel, as it doesn't make sense to create a game that people don't want to play.
Also, it would be even easier for me to develop certain aspects of the game.

Not sure how other people play H-games, but I save at each choice on pages 1-9, and at every line I want to shortcut back to on 10+. Some games that's only to page 16 or so, some easily go to 50 or 60.

View attachment 1288549
:unsure:
Well, it's your style of play, that's something very personal.
But I really believe this is your personal thing.

Hi,
Really great, I enjoyed your GAME: characters, renders and audio as well. I sincerely hope that you will continue on this path and that the sequel will be just as good and I am really looking forward to seeing the sequel!...
Thanks, man!
It's also nice to hear positive reports, I feel some people really enjoyed the game. :cool:

My honest opinion given to the devolper of this game is when I played the game the female characters are not very good. Just improve its body shapes. And sex scenes are like cartoonist scenes improve those also.
I noticed that some people didn't like the girls models very much.
I will probably follow the "high school girls (+18)" pattern going forward, as people only like games that follow a specific pattern.

I don't understand what you mean by "cartoonist scenes" though

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I see, so you prefer a "book" to a game, basically.
Well, I did some research and found that there is a lot of "free hate" about sandbox games.
I didn't know there was such a thing with that kind of game.

I might as well drop the sandbox idea and just go with Visual Novel, as it doesn't make sense to create a game that people don't want to play.
Also, it would be even easier for me to develop certain aspects of the game.
Take a look at killer project just for "sandbox" done right. Simple days started out as a vn and then got ruined when it went to sandbox. This is your baby. if I seemed harsh that wasn't my intention.

I do prefer linear but sandboxes also usually are confusing and grindy( whether for money or some other collectible).

Most who set up a poll and ask here vn wins hands down usually. That said if your sandbox was like killer project or even mystic manor with (lain's mod) then I wouldn't be so opposed.

But I owe you an apology for I haven't seen what you meant by sandbox and assumed it would be the worst kind.

I really enjoy this vn as it stands apart a lot from the cookie cutter stories.

Regardless of what you decide I do wish you luck:)

PS. personally I love your models

Cab-boe

Dec 7, 2018
The simplest solution is usually the best one. People hate sandbox because it usually is just a linear VN with extra steps (all content must happen, but you have to click through stat upgrade events or map screens to get to them). Even one of my favourite games on here, Power Vacuum, does this.

Really there's no point in sandbox design when you can just have path choices presented in the style of a VN. Like so many of the most popular (and well made) games out there. Think about what choices you're going to offer your audience, then think about what the easiest way to present them is.

EloeM

Jan 7, 2018
is just me or this fricking game keeps freezing ever couple of minutes ? wtf ?
and version 2.2 one episode? are you fucking joking? ok, this game goes straight to bin and on blacklist

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
and version 2.2 one episode? are you fucking joking? ok, this game goes straight to bin and on blacklist
Since I haven't seen any other posts with this issue, it's probably just you...

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
I'd like more than 9 pages of save games, ren'py lets the author allow the player to hit next page infinitely, in some VNs I have dozens of extra save game pages. Not that the game is long enough or complex enough to need them yet, but I'm not sure why to cap them to 9.

Thomas Turbating

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Sorry for the really late reply, but i got hospitalized due to covid-19 complications so i'm just coming back now.

Take a look at killer project just for "sandbox" done right. Simple days started out as a vn and then got ruined when it went to sandbox. This is your baby. if I seemed harsh that wasn't my intention.

I do prefer linear but sandboxes also usually are confusing and grindy( whether for money or some other collectible).

Most who set up a poll and ask here vn wins hands down usually. That said if your sandbox was like killer project or even mystic manor with (lain's mod) then I wouldn't be so opposed.

But I owe you an apology for I haven't seen what you meant by sandbox and assumed it would be the worst kind.

I really enjoy this vn as it stands apart a lot from the cookie cutter stories.

Regardless of what you decide I do wish you luck:)

PS. personally I love your models
I thought about it well during this period and I think I'm going to take the simpler path, I'll accept your idea of making a VN instead of a sandbox, I think this will still make my job easier and allow me to bring more content in less time.
I didn't take your opinion wrong, on the contrary, opinions are welcome. Listening to what people have to say helps open our mind and see the best path to take during development.

The simplest solution is usually the best one. People hate sandbox because it usually is just a linear VN with extra steps (all content must happen, but you have to click through stat upgrade events or map screens to get to them). Even one of my favourite games on here, Power Vacuum, does this.

Really there's no point in sandbox design when you can just have path choices presented in the style of a VN. Like so many of the most popular (and well made) games out there. Think about what choices you're going to offer your audience, then think about what the easiest way to present them is.
You're right!
It seems that VN's path is almost unanimous among the public of this type of game, so I just have to try to follow what pleases the majority of the public.

Nice update
Thanks
You're welcome!
Thanks for playing! ^^

Apparently it could be some problem related to your PC, as you were the only one who complained about it.
Feel free not to play the game if you don't like it.
Look for another game you like better.

Hi,
Just to point out that on the save page after number 9, the right arrow to continue saving is missing!
I preferred to limit the number of saves to avoid a bug I had identified during development.
I think 54 save slots is enough to save game progress as well, as the game isn't that extensive.

I'd like more than 9 pages of save games, ren'py lets the author allow the player to hit next page infinitely, in some VNs I have dozens of extra save game pages. Not that the game is long enough or complex enough to need them yet, but I'm not sure why to cap them to 9.
I understand.
Well, I preferred to limit the number of saves to avoid a bug that I identified during development, as mentioned in the previous answer.
I hope this doesn't get in the way of your gameplay as the game span is small and I believe 54 save slots is enough to save progress.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Sorry for the really late reply, but i got hospitalized due to covid-19 complications so i'm just coming back now.

I thought about it well during this period and I think I'm going to take the simpler path, I'll accept your idea of making a VN instead of a sandbox, I think this will still make my job easier and allow me to bring more content in less time.
I didn't take your opinion wrong, on the contrary, opinions are welcome. Listening to what people have to say helps open our mind and see the best path to take during development.

You're right!
It seems that VN's path is almost unanimous among the public of this type of game, so I just have to try to follow what pleases the majority of the public.

You're welcome!
Thanks for playing! ^^

Apparently it could be some problem related to your PC, as you were the only one who complained about it.

I preferred to limit the number of saves to avoid a bug I had identified during development.
I think 54 save slots is enough to save game progress as well, as the game isn't that extensive.

I understand.
Well, I preferred to limit the number of saves to avoid a bug that I identified during development, as mentioned in the previous answer.
I hope this doesn't get in the way of your gameplay as the game span is small and I believe 54 save slots is enough to save progress.
Hope you are doing better. Glad to hear it will be vn format. And I wish you great luck with this unique piece.

I am one of those that have an older laptop. So I had to use a trick to get the newest update to play.

The trick is using a update before the change to the newest Ren'Py, emptying it's game folder and inserting the new updates game folder contents in the now empty game folder.

I will continue to play as long as that trick continues to work. But regardless I wish you success with this vn. :)

Mikilande

May 21, 2018

You're right!

You're welcome!
Thanks for playing! ^^

I understand.
Sorry to contradict you, but 54 pages of backups are not enough! For some players, regular backups have become systematic. So please do what is necessary to satisfy your FANS!

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
I understand.
Oh, you're 100% right. I was just thinking that if in 2023 the game were five or ten times longer, then 54 save slots wouldn't be enough. Although another option you could add instead would be an extensive gallery replay system. That would be a lot harder though than just giving people enough save slots to save in every scene (Although very popular games that lack a gallery often end up with a modder making one).

You can always wait until 2023 to try implementing the suggestion though, if planet earth is even still around at that point :)

Thomas Turbating

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Oh, you're 100% right. I was just thinking that if in 2023 the game were five or ten times longer, then 54 save slots wouldn't be enough. Although another option you could add instead would be an extensive gallery replay system. That would be a lot harder though than just giving people enough save slots to save in every scene (Although very popular games that lack a gallery often end up with a modder making one).

You can always wait until 2023 to try implementing the suggestion though, if planet earth is even still around at that point :)
To be honest, I was focused on improving renders and animations during v0.2 development.
This save thing was just a detail, which I thought wasn't that important, but apparently it bothered some players.
I'll see if it's possible to revert it in the next update.

Reactions: JonasSnr
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes