Others Abandoned Esoteric Erotica [v0.149 Alpha] [EsoDev]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Every1sGrudge

Feb 7, 2018
Postin here as a lazy reminder to myself that I like this thread and want to watch it.

Where on the ero-horror spectrum are ya plannin for the finished product to land?

1) Here thar be tentacles
2) Some Serious Shit's Goin Down
3) Here thar be tentacles and also they fuck you.
4) Nightmares and Gore-ror.
5) Here thar be tentacles and also they fuck you. Then they eat you.

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
Not much more than a tech demo. Elaborate character creation but after that.... nothing.
>Nothing
isn't this how every cuthulu game ends ? with protagonist dying and world turning into nothing in a catastrophic event ?

I don't think that it's unfinished. I think that author gave us a metaphorical ending that forces us to elaborate on our metaphysical form of existance.
Is this everything that is ? What lies beyond ? If everything ends with Nothing, can i Fap to it ?

Many questions will remain unanswered, but if you want to explore more of Nothing you can check tag "Abandoned" for more indepth informations on this Topic.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But be carefull, if you Coom too close to this topic you may end up mad.
*Stares at Eromancer*

CrowleyJ

Jul 11, 2017
I just found this the other day and was really enjoying it but was disappointed that there wasn't more content. I remain extremely interested!

Syncroniz

Apr 15, 2017
Really enjoyed the character creation! The adjective/noun customization is a really unique idea that holds a lot of promise. Looking forward to playing a more developed version.

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Eso did say that the landlord shaped up to be a topnotch daddy if you take the time to harass him into it.

Clockgol

Aug 7, 2018
I’m not going to play it yet, but I will watch your career with great interest. Perhaps once there’s more content.

Miumean

Sep 21, 2019
At least we can be 100% sure a girl is making the game; the character creation takes half an hour and then the only thing you can do is complain about your apartment, flirt with the landlord and buy makeup.

May 7, 2018
How does the char creation work? When I try to click an /skill/adjective (body type) or try typing it nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? The image files, like the title screen, are missing.

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
I downloaded the game because the screenshots and the description look really good but when the installer asked for admin permissions I had to check the thread and see if anyone was having issues. A pity there's no content, I was really excited. If the dev reads the thread, I hope you'll add lots of humiliation and corruption, maybe also NTR and pregnancy. Godspeed.
EsoDev "No. Never. Nuh-uh. Nope."
Eso is more angled towards tea, lesbians and consensual BDSM.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Syncroniz

LenioTG

Oct 11, 2017
I am interested in playing it...but where is the content?
So far, I can only flirt with the landlord, but nothing changes.
Many dialogues options are blacked out, and most of the available ones are "not developed yet".

Reactions: Dattman

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
While I like the idea and will hope for the best, this is definitely throwing a few red flags
1) as Stompai mentioned, 1/2 year since the last content update, although the patreon is still showing activity
2) according to the patreon intro, the game was started in june of 2017, so it just passed it's 3 year anniversary. 3 years for a character creator kinda feels a bit like Female Agent. Granted, in both cases they're well done character creators, but there still isn't a game (even less so in this case, as FA's char creation is kinda a minigame of sorts). They did write thier own engine for the game as well, which would presumably take some time (depending on depth and how varied from other open sourced engines it is), but if you take issue #1 into account there's definitely dev speed concerns.
3) That's... a lot of descriptors, and there doesn't seen to be anything preventing conflicting ones from being chosen. Kinda makes me wonder if they matter, or if they're simply a pool that's randomly selected from. Definitely missing some potential if they're used solely as a descriptor pool, although it would definitely make scene production quicker.
4) Setting - supposedly modern, but a couple of the (few) events that actually are in the game seem to use dated dialog (fairly sure they'd be considered dated even for Queen's English). Not sure what's up with that, half expecting to see that there's going to be a rework due to the setting's being shifted back 100 years. Granted, this would be the ideal time to do something like that (before there's much content), but I tend to be skeptical of reworks. Too many dev's find them addictive.

Last edited:

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
EsoDev "No. Never. Nuh-uh. Nope."
Eso is more angled towards tea, lesbians and consensual BDSM.
Did the Dev actually say this? Damn, that's disappointing. But it's ok, maybe I'll give it a try in the future anyway. Wish all the best nonetheless.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote