EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Essence of Ranaea Banner NSFW.png
Overview:
Essence of Ranaea is an adult text-based RPG
set in a medieval fantasy world, centuries after the events of a catastrophic, global war. In order to prevent the re-emergence of violence, the races were split into four separate factions - each with their own set of ideas and values. On a fateful night, you were visited by a mysterious woman and tasked to save the world by destroying the essence crystals scattered across the land - small gemstones that contained unfathomable power.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2020-12-28
Release Date: 2020-12-25
Developer: Dabbi
Version: 0.0.2
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - -

ab2e3f85d6e254927c8c8448acbf7a2e.jpg 7effd716f29fde3e6d9dcd3314e8819b.png f95 thumb 6.png f95 thumb 1.png f95 thumb 2.png f95 thumb 3.png f95 thumb 4.png f95 thumb 5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
why is the game in this weird window with no way to move it or change the size of it? I cant even play it since my mouse wont stay in the window

Reactions: AFujoshiLoli03

Dabbi

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
why is the game in this weird window with no way to move it or change the size of it? I cant even play it since my mouse wont stay in the window
It seems when you navigate to another window, the game doesn't become full screen. Just reboot the game and wait for it to launch without clicking into another application.

Reactions: Theproman53
Jun 13, 2018
Um, the tags say gay and oral but all but one pic is of women. Is this just gay content when it comes to sex or are there just tags missing?

Reactions: A_Furfaag

Ferb1550

Aug 16, 2018
I have an error that did not allowed me to play. It say "Win32 funtion failed: HRESULT: 0x80070057. Call: GR_D3D_Device-> CreateTexture2D at line 611 the file \TexturesM.cpp" but that dile does not exist. Help.

Reactions: jamonserrano

Dabbi

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
Um, the tags say gay and oral but all but one pic is of women. Is this just gay content when it comes to sex or are there just tags missing?
The content is primarily straight. Gay content exists, but you're able to avoid it. Apologies that I didn't make that clear...

Dabbi

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
As of this version, there is only a single M/M scene. I made a quick guide of all the sex scenes over

Dabbi

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
I have an error that did not allowed me to play. It say "Win32 funtion failed: HRESULT: 0x80070057. Call: GR_D3D_Device-> CreateTexture2D at line 611 the file \TexturesM.cpp" but that dile does not exist. Help.
What version of Windows are you using and and is it up to date via Windows Update?
Is your GPU DX11 compliant and are your GPU drivers up to date?

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Let's see... if I had to define the game in simple lines it would be a game influenced by Coc or Tits that wants to make rather than simple adventures a world that interacts with the MC. Overall it is a nice concept, especially if it has an effect on the characters that are part of the world too.

For example in the case of Fonni that she could be recaptured again.

But well let's analyze the game a bit shall we?:

-Overall the UI needs a bit more work, especially related to closing the game and having it on window mode, making the minimap a bit bigger would be nice too, even more being able to have the full map if you press M for example.

-Related to characters... it would be nice that not ever character you meet would be ready for sex after a few talks, building the relationship a bit more before sex.

-The combat needs a few improvements too, especially related to defeating enemies, perhaps adding a "DEFEATED" in red over the character information would make it a bit better, that or having the character information disappear upon defeat from the enemy window side. Things like that.

Overall it feels like it could be an improved version over Coc and Tits, if you can feel the differences when a faction is becoming stronger, the overall conflict and conquest... it could be quite an interesting game, especially since it seems that the MC may be slaved, forced into certain situations or perhaps manipulated in some ways.

At the very least it would be nice to have companions at some point, just dont too many (3-4 companions would be more than okay). Optimally the destiny or situation of many characters can be influenced be it by events itself or the player.

Quite rough atm but with a lot of potential, especially related to being captured/slaved in some way, or perhaps manipulated by words or magic.

BTW, Am I the only one that thinks that destroying the essence crystals feels like a bad idea? call me mr doubt but when someone tells me to destroy some crystals that contain unfathomable power makes me wonder at the very least their use and since when do they exist. Most of the crystals I have ever seen seems that they were used to seal stuff and because of good reasons!.

Dabbi

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
Let's see... if I had to define the game in simple lines it would be a game influenced by Coc or Tits that wants to make rather than simple adventures a world that interacts with the MC. Overall it is a nice concept, especially if it has an effect on the characters that are part of the world too.
Thanks for checking out the game and providing feedback! Since the game is incredibly early in its development, any response is highly appreciated. :D

-Overall the UI needs a bit more work, especially related to closing the game and having it on window mode, making the minimap a bit bigger would be nice too, even more being able to have the full map if you press M for example.
I'll definitely consider adding full-map viewing into the game for the next update. For now, I'll have the game running solely on full screen, but an "exit game" option is definitely something I'll implement.

-Related to characters... it would be nice that not ever character you meet would be ready for sex after a few talks, building the relationship a bit more before sex.
I have plans for characters with long, story-driven build-ups (Claire and Rodham are two of them), as well as characters that you can have sex with immediately (A handful of NPCs and hostile encounters). I think it's good to have the best of both worlds.

Overall it feels like it could be an improved version over Coc and Tits, if you can feel the differences when a faction is becoming stronger, the overall conflict and conquest... it could be quite an interesting game, especially since it seems that the MC may be slaved, forced into certain situations or perhaps manipulated in some ways.
The game is heavily inspired by the works of Fenoxo, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's an improvement, haha...

I'm not going to say much, but the MC will be able to venture into all four factions, interrogate their leaders about their policies, culture and current status in order to bribe them of their essence crystals. I want to create a serious contrast between all the factions, with different opinions and viewpoints on certain matters.

As of MC slavery, I do have plans of GAME OVER scenes that incorporate this content. MC domination/submission in general will have a lot of scenes. The player will have the ability to choose either path or completely avoid both.

BTW, Am I the only one that thinks that destroying the essence crystals feels like a bad idea? call me mr doubt but when someone tells me to destroy some crystals that contain unfathomable power makes me wonder at the very least their use and since when do they exist. Most of the crystals I have ever seen seems that they were used to seal stuff and because of good reasons!
The reason essence crystals are so desired among the races is because of their vast amounts of arcane energy. If they were completely destroyed, the races will lose an incentive to commit acts of violence...that's what you're tasked to do, in order to prevent this unknown entity from corrupting the world.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Thanks for checking out the game and providing feedback! Since the game is incredibly early in its development, any response is highly appreciated. :D

I'll definitely consider adding full-map viewing into the game for the next update. For now, I'll have the game running solely on full screen, but an "exit game" option is definitely something I'll implement.

I have plans for characters with long, story-driven build-ups (Claire and Rodham are two of them), as well as characters that you can have sex with immediately (A handful of NPCs and hostile encounters). I think it's good to have the best of both worlds.

The game is heavily inspired by the works of Fenoxo, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's an improvement, haha...

I'm not going to say much, but the MC will be able to venture into all four factions, interrogate their leaders about their policies, culture and current status in order to bribe them of their essence crystals. I want to create a serious contrast between all the factions, with different opinions and viewpoints on certain matters.

As of MC slavery, I do have plans of GAME OVER scenes that incorporate this content. MC domination/submission in general will have a lot of scenes. The player will have the ability to choose either path or completely avoid both.

The reason essence crystals are so desired among the races is because of their vast amounts of arcane energy. If they were completely destroyed, the races will lose an incentive to commit acts of violence...that's what you're tasked to do, in order to prevent this unknown entity from corrupting the world.
Overall slavery doesn't have to be related to game overs, but rather being forced to work for X faction unless you find a way to remove your slave status. It's kind of... even if you get captured by a gang of lusty female goblins there is still a chance for you to escape, unless you totally get to a point it's impossible then the game over is okay (for example brainwashed and made into another cowgirl that exists to be milked and fucked), it depends on the circunstances.

But the reason I did say i find it an improvement is related to this part of the decription " Will you get caught in the treacherous hands of the factions? Kidnapped by a band of orcs? Perhaps forced to serve under the rule of a minotaur chieftain? "

Being able to be kidnapped, forced to serve or just simply get captured feels like a big improvement compared to Tits and Coc, at least for me.

Even more if the conflicts are more explored would be nice, for example one of the biggest "conflicts" that Tits had is the one related to Ula, but it feels like it could have been fleshed a lot more or being detailed quite a bit. For example:

-Before Ula fully becomes your lover the Milodan alpha will want to get her to submit romantically and take control in that way.
-If he fails then he will try the war tactic

Then the effects would be different based on the situation and who won, overall if the milodan alpha became the lover of Ula he will start to train her and make her submit sexually, about which Ula at the start would offer resistance and ask help from the player before it is too late. In the case of losing the war the Milodans would be doing a sexual training to the khorgone's and you can still help them if they have the will to rebel. That would be the conflict more fleshed out for me.

And talking about the crystals... it still doesn't seem to give me any motivation to destroy them unless there is something truly wrong with them, overall it feels like if a faction won against the rest it would be over. Unless the crystal itself is the fountain of corruption.

I do personally enjoy characters like Illustria Po that if left alone they would make whatever they want (even better when they try to do something against the MC or his/her companions). It gives you a reason to stop them.

Just wanted to explain my point ;). Overall I think the game has potential and it has a clear appeal for the many people that enjoy Coc and Tits.

Reactions: Dabbi

Dabbi

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
If the gay stuff is very minimal, why you bother wasting your time to make very small content and put gay tag?
I'm sure people who seek gay content will be disappointed. I don't understand.
The game isn't explicitly marketed as a "gay" game. M/M content exists, depending on the sex you choose for your character and the NPCs you have sex with, so that's why I added the "gay" tag...you have to keep in mind that this is the first build, with the majority of writing focused on the 5 sexable characters (4 of which are females), so you shouldn't have expected a massive amount of gay content.

I'm sorry the game doesn't meet your expectations.

rafahli

Apr 22, 2018
If the gay stuff is very minimal, why you bother wasting your time to make very small content and put gay tag?
I'm sure people who seek gay content will be disappointed. I don't understand.
because the game its in the start you dumb

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
Highest priority for your game so far should be stabilizing and optimizing the basic execution of the GUI.

I have to run your game on WINE in linux, and the game is currently entirely unplayable. For whatever reason, the game is a slideshow.

Given other poster's difficulties running it natively on Windows, I am going to guess that the issue is the game expects DirectX and non-open-source graphical drivers. The performance on my side would suggest that the game is resorting to using CPU rendering rather than recognizing my GPU. My WINE environment is running the latest DirectX but my GPU is running on open source drivers; the open source drivers represent a minimum of standards compliance, so if the game is unplayable for me then it is significantly under-performing or overusing resources on native Windows OS machines with vendor drivers.

I would also strongly encourage you to setup a build process that allows you to automatically produce versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux. In the long term, this will be beneficial for finding and squashing bugs that may be existent but unnoticed or difficult to track on certain platforms.

Good luck and I wish you well on your project.

Reactions: Dabbi

Dabbi

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
Highest priority for your game so far should be stabilizing and optimizing the basic execution of the GUI.

I have to run your game on WINE in linux, and the game is currently entirely unplayable. For whatever reason, the game is a slideshow.

Given other poster's difficulties running it natively on Windows, I am going to guess that the issue is the game expects DirectX and non-open-source graphical drivers. The performance on my side would suggest that the game is resorting to using CPU rendering rather than recognizing my GPU. My WINE environment is running the latest DirectX but my GPU is running on open source drivers; the open source drivers represent a minimum of standards compliance, so if the game is unplayable for me then it is significantly under-performing or overusing resources on native Windows OS machines with vendor drivers.

I would also strongly encourage you to setup a build process that allows you to automatically produce versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux. In the long term, this will be beneficial for finding and squashing bugs that may be existent but unnoticed or difficult to track on certain platforms.

Good luck and I wish you well on your project.
Appreciate the heads-up. I'll look into those issues and get them fixed ASAP.

Reactions: DaClown

Dabbi

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
Haven't posted an update in a while, so I'll quickly fill y'all in.

I've made a bunch of minor changes and bugfixes to the game, including the ability to play in windowed mode, accessibility to view the full-map of Cessarium, small improvements to the UI, a complete rework of the combat system and a Quest system which will include Irena's Rut Roses fetching quest.

Written ~8k words of content for slime-girls - hostiles that you can encounter in the Crimson Grasslands, an area you will be able explore in the next update. I've been taking in all the feedback I've received for the first build and slowly trying to incorporate them all into the game.

I've got a lot in mind for the next update, so the release date might not be until mid-to-late December. A lot of personal, work-related issues have popped up recently, so that may delay the release even further.

In terms of art, I've created the bust for slime-girls and also reworked on the bust for Claire. Here they are:

slimegirl.png

claire clothed.png

Again, I appreciate the interest you all have in this game, and I can't wait to show you all what I have in mind.

Reactions: DaClown
3.00 star(s) 3 Votes