• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.40 star(s) 118 Votes

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Saw this also has the Male Dom tag, does that mean you get to choose if he's dominated or dominates?
So far, the MC gets dominated either way... but, if you chose the dom path, he can also dominate himself a little. Perhaps there might be an ending where he might actually be able to turn the tables, who knows.

Rhino3333

Nov 5, 2018
So far, the MC gets dominated either way... but, if you chose the dom path, he can also dominate himself a little. Perhaps there might be an ending where he might actually be able to turn the tables, who knows.
Given the ending of the dom path of the current version, I think he's already started to turn the tables.

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
I'm not judging anybodys character, just saying that believing "the world has a place for everybody" is fucking silly at best. Won't drag the topic though, it's not the place for that
You said "deranged." And I didn't say "for everybody," just for fucks like you and me.

Not, of course, trekkies or people who like murder mysteries. These are just degenerates, unworthy of a place in the world or of the title of "fuck."

But hey -- be my guest. Kirk out.

Last edited:

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
You can not have a character to do whatever the plot needs him to do. I mean you can, but its cheap as hell.

Its about setting up rules and trying to following them, for instance: you can not have one side sticking to a background, and the other side, no background at all, and make them perform ballet, psychoanalysis, shaolin restrains in heels, or speak mandarin or whatever the plot needs them to do. Isabella is an example of that.
I don't know. Isabella was obviously studying ballet way before the beginning of the game -- it isn't just about her using "background time," it's more about the kind of education she was given.

The other side here (by which I assume you mean the MC and his friend/sister?) is placed in a strange and new situation and are not sure about who is an ally and who isn't. Is it really surprising if they don't come up with big schemes? Their adapting to the overall situation of humiliation just because of MC's father's debts strikes me as harder to swallow than their apparent lack of planning.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Is it really surprising if they don't come up with big schemes? Their adapting to the overall situation of humiliation just because of MC's father's debts strikes me as harder to swallow than their apparent lack of planning.
Not surprising at all that an apparent educated and smart kid doesn't even know his fathers debts are non of his responsibility...but goes along with it all anyway lol.

Reactions: asehpe

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Not surprising at all that an apparent educated and smart kid doesn't even know his fathers debts are non of his responsibility...but goes along with it all anyway lol.
I wrote about this a few pages earlier, the legal aspects here are actually a little more complicated than that. Sure, you are not legally bound to recognize your parents' debts, but inheritance is a package deal - you either accept it with all estate debts or refuse it alltogether. If the MC wants to keep his parents' house, for instance, he must recognize their debts as well. And well, without a job, it won't be easy for him to rent anything, not to mention that he may also have strong emotional attachment to the place.

Reactions: pabo and asehpe

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I loved how this game started with the first couple of updates and this last one has been very good as well. I'm loving the writing and the high quality renders. I'm curious if we're ever going to get any more characters added though. Having the MC be the only male kind of limits the options and I wonder if we're going to see any kind of other characters of either gender get added. Perhaps a flirty female cousin come to visit or some male relative looking to get his dick wet after his family business meeting? I unfortunately don't recall seeing anything about other characters popping up down the road, major or minor.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
I wrote about this a few pages earlier, the legal aspects here are actually a little more complicated than that. Sure, you are not legally bound to recognize your parents' debts, but inheritance is a package deal - you either accept it with all estate debts or refuse it alltogether. If the MC wants to keep his parents' house, for instance, he must recognize their debts as well. And well, without a job, it won't be easy for him to rent anything, not to mention that he may also have strong emotional attachment to the place.
Rightly the business would probably go to him (providing there was actually a will in place), or even between him and his sister and if there was not a will...providing he pushed for it. But why do that (knowing he seen a lawyer)? Also...knowing the scale of the debt...why not just file for bankruptcy? The house is irelevent to the business.....even with debts against it. Especially if this is set in the States. hell, even in the Uk you'd probably keep the house under court laws of reasonable living conditions knowing it's worthless compared to the debt.

I'll say it again...beautiful game as far as renders go and interesting where the story is going now...but the initial set up up to and including the shaving scene (for someone he apparently loves and promises to protect her) is as dumb and thick as bricks as the MC himself. Change that entire plot...I'd more than likey rave about this...even if it's not mainly my kink.

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
Rightly the business would probably go to him (providing there was actually a will in place), or even between him and his sister and if there was not a will...providing he pushed for it. But why do that (knowing he seen a lawyer)? Also...knowing the scale of the debt...why not just file for bankruptcy? The house is irelevent to the business.....even with debts against it. Especially if this is set in the States. hell, even in the Uk you'd probably keep the house under court laws of reasonable living conditions knowing it's worthless compared to the debt.

I'll say it again...beautiful game as far as renders go and interesting where the story is going now...but the initial set up up to and including the shaving scene (for someone he apparently loves and promises to protect her) is as dumb and thick as bricks as the MC himself. Change that entire plot...I'd more than likey rave about this...even if it's not mainly my kink.
Hm... I do see where you're coming from, and I do agree that the initial debt premise is more than a bit iffy; and I'll go as far as saying that the shaving scene does seem to presuppose psychological features the MC had given no evidence of possessing up to that point. Still... the emotions expressed in those scenes are quite well described, and the bond between MC and his friend/sister is quite apparent. This pleases me. You may be right that more work would have been necessary to justify the decisions the MC makes in the first shaving scene, but the fact that this is the level of criticism one can make at this point (and the fact that the game becomes less criticizable on these grounds as the story progresses) still makes it quite good for me, when compared to other games with similar plots. (Starless, for instance, is way, way worse in terms of character believability.)

Maybe I should put it like this: the prose in this game pleases me quite a lot. The style, and the insight it gives into the characters, is a great plus for me; it's not just pretty renders. It therefore makes me willing to minimize or even forget some flaws, like the ones you point out. All in all, this is quite above average.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Hm... I do see where you're coming from, and I do agree that the initial debt premise is more than a bit iffy; and I'll go as far as saying that the shaving scene does seem to presuppose psychological features the MC had given no evidence of possessing up to that point. Still... the emotions expressed in those scenes are quite well described, and the bond between MC and his friend/sister is quite apparent. This pleases me. You may be right that more work would have been necessary to justify the decisions the MC makes in the first shaving scene, but the fact that this is the level of criticism one can make at this point (and the fact that the game becomes less criticizable on these grounds as the story progresses) still makes it quite good for me, when compared to other games with similar plots. (Starless, for instance, is way, way worse in terms of character believability.)

Maybe I should put it like this: the prose in this game pleases me quite a lot. The style, and the insight it gives into the characters, is a great plus for me; it's not just pretty renders. It therefore makes me willing to minimize or even forget some flaws, like the ones you point out. All in all, this is quite above average.
Completely agree this is a very high quality VN all round which I'm glad I decided to give a second go.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
The house is irelevent to the business.....even with debts against it. Especially if this is set in the States. hell, even in the Uk you'd probably keep the house under court laws of reasonable living conditions knowing it's worthless compared to the debt.
It actually depends pretty much on how the business is organized... if it was a Corp. or an LLC, then yes, you are correct. But if the business was conducted as sole proprietorship or general partnership, the proprietor(s) would be subject to unlimited personal liability, meaning that all their business creditors would have a claim on their personal property in case of bankruptcy and on their estate in case of death.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
It actually depends pretty much on how the business is organized... if it was a Corp. or an LLC, then yes, you are correct. But if the business was conducted as sole proprietorship or general partnership, the proprietor(s) would be subject to unlimited personal liability, meaning that all their business creditors would have a claim on their personal property in case of bankruptcy and on their estate in case of death.
Correct creditors could....therefore just file for bankruptcy...any court would allow you to keep the house (they would not make you homeless and even under strict UK bankruptcy laws, you are still afforded a degree of luxury and would not force you out of a property unless it was worth a LOT of money, USA bankruptcy laws are ridiculosuly simple and easy in comparison).

We can debate this all day long...it doesn't change what would happen to anyone with half a brain immedietely at the shaving your sister scene (given that he supposedly spoken to a lawyer before meeting the Mistress which would tell him how to dissacosiate from the debt and he that loves and promises to protect his sister). Again, I like the game...too much internal monologue...but fine, beautiful renders and the story is getting great. That doesn't mean the dumb start is inexcusable or beyond criticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: supermanz95

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Correct creditors could....therefore just file for bankruptcy...any court would allow you to keep the house (they would not make you homeless and even under strict UK bankruptcy laws, you are still afforded a degree of luxury and would not force you out of a property unless it was worth a LOT of money, USA bankruptcy laws are ridiculosuly simple and easy in comparison).

We can debate this all day long...it doesn't change what would happen nor the ridiculous set up.
Ok, let's suppose you accept an inheritance which includes a piece of real estate and lots of debts and you file for bankruptcy. What happens next? Well, you normally lose the title to the said piece of real estate. If you fail to vacate the premises after that, it is called "wrongful occupation" and the holder of legal title to the property can sue for eviction. Granted, in some jurisdictions it may be rather hard to evict a person from their only residence, but it is still possible in all jurisdictions I am familiar with. Being a lawyer IRL, I've seen it happen more than once.

EDIT: OK, I live and work in Switzerland, so I'm mostly familiar with Swiss law, which only protects some essential personal property, but not real property (because no real property in Switzerland is actually worth nearly as little as the amount capped by the law). I did a quick research into US bankruptcy law and it seems that some states have a thing like "homestead protection", which is usually capped to a certain amount (meaning that your home cannot be ceased if it is worth less than the cap amount). However, this cap amount can be quite low in some states, while others do not provide any homestead protection at all. Conclusion: in many jurisdictions, your home can be ceased in case of bankruptcy; since the game does not refer to any specific location, it is quite reasonable to assume that the events are taking place in a jurisdiction where no homestead protection exists.

Last edited:

Cweez

Dec 30, 2017
Could I get some clarity on the compressed version - Is it just the game compressed for download but is then unpacked to the same as the regular download, or have the actual textures been compressed, reducing the quality in exchange for the smaller download?

4.40 star(s) 118 Votes