Boldano

Nov 16, 2020
I checked the code and it doesn't look like this game is intended to have any incest. IIRC in Once in a Lifetime, all you had to do was make "incest = True" in the script file and it would change the game dialogue to reflect that. There's no variable for that in the Eternum code though. Incest isn't a make or break for me but if a modder were to change any of the relationships it'd probably be easiest to change Nancy from babysitter to Aunt and Dalia and Penelope to cousins
Looks like you're right, that true/false check isn't in the script while it is for Once in a Lifetime. Would be possible to make a patch if someone were committed enough though, the story would still make sense with the relationships changed. Definitely harder than just swapping out a landlady tag though. Like you said, it's not a deal breaker either way. Eternum is already better than a lot of games on the site as it is.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I don't expect anything less than stellar in terms of writing, humor, story, and visuals, but there is one thing that bugs me. The single variable relationship meter... Many choices are not really choices because it's essentially "be a gentleman and get +1 vs roleplay or say something silly to get no points." I'm sure some choices will set triggers that are important outside of the points, but the single variable relationship meter is very limiting. This was an issue in Once in a Lifetime as well. I mean, the railroaded story was really cute and fun to read through, so I had no issues playing through it as a kinetic novel essentially. I was holding out some hope that the new game would try to be more ambitious in this regard, but well, every dev has their own style and strengths. Sticking to the formula that was successful in the first game isn't a bad plan either.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.2 + LightmanP's WT/Gal mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Help me pay for some storage if you want. Or don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Made a mod for this game, it adds an in-game walkthrough, shows points added by choices, gallery unlock option.
I will move the mod to a separate page later.

Enjoy!

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: added gallery unlock button to the Heart screen.

Download - MEGA

If you like the mod, please consider supporting the of our modding team and join the .

View attachment 1388296 View attachment 1388297 View attachment 1388298 View attachment 1388299 View attachment 1388300 View attachment 1389694
Hey there, I ported to android with your mod, would you mind linking in your post?
https://f95zone.to/threads/eternum-v0-1-caribdis.93340/post-6519329

Reactions: LightmanP

Jehuty206

Jun 20, 2020
Looks like you're right, that true/false check isn't in the script while it is for Once in a Lifetime. Would be possible to make a patch if someone were committed enough though, the story would still make sense with the relationships changed. Definitely harder than just swapping out a landlady tag though. Like you said, it's not a deal breaker either way. Eternum is already better than a lot of games on the site as it is.
Incest will be not add at all by the maker of this game. Patreon rules :D

Boldano

Nov 16, 2020
Patches are often fan made or “fan made” anyway, aren’t they? Developers can’t do much about it if a third party decides to make their own patch and upload it here. But like I said I’m doubtful someone would rewrite the script to make a patch anyway.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
He's not talking about the dev adding it. He's saying that there's not a convenient way for a modder to turn incest on like in Caribdis' last game where all you had to do was change "inc = False" to "inc = True" to make the characters related. A modder can still come by and put incest in it but they'd have to change some of the story to make it fit

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Oh, wow. Amazing start. I've always been sucker for the stories (mostly in anime and manga) with these virtual reality worlds and this looked an excellent storytelling on that front. Great idea to have several servers to give us very different locations.

Though that brings a gaming mechanics issue on how to balance characters with each others. What to do when characters with firearms encounter characters that come from fantasy server with medieval tech? Make medieval armours bulletproof to give a fighting chance? Restricting high tech on low tech servers would work, but you couldn't do the other way around. Low tech character could visit a high tech server armed with his favourite cheese cutter and prepare to be handicapped.

I was amazed by the graphics and very detailed backgrounds. Just superb work. Pretty much only complaint I have comes from the character models. All females seem to have those overly wide hips, whereas I like slender women. Bit more variety in shapes, please.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Oh, wow. Amazing start. I've always been sucker for the stories (mostly in anime and manga) with these virtual reality worlds and this looked an excellent storytelling on that front. Great idea to have several servers to give us very different locations.

Though that brings a gaming mechanics issue on how to balance characters with each others. What to do when characters with firearms encounter characters that come from fantasy server with medieval tech? Make medieval armours bulletproof to give a fighting chance? Restricting high tech on low tech servers would work, but you couldn't do the other way around. Low tech character could visit a high tech server armed with his favourite cheese cutter and prepare to be handicapped.

I was amazed by the graphics and very detailed backgrounds. Just superb work. Pretty much only complaint I have comes from the character models. All females seem to have those overly wide hips, whereas I like slender women. Bit more variety in shapes, please.
The first time you enter Eternum, I'm pretty sure Annie says something about how the stuff that you have on one server doesn't always carry over to another one. Like how in the Cyberpunk world the MC has a whole outfit but in the Fantasy world he only has a loin cloth. I assume it's the same for armor and weapons.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
And so it begins... Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seat belts.
Brilliant start, even at 0.1 might crack top 10-15 on this site.
You're probably right! It was just released yesterday and it's already on the front page for weighted rating (top 30). I'm pretty sure the only other dev that has two games on the front page is Dr PinkCake who I think most people would agree is one of the best creators on here

Reactions: Kaato and proximus

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
I have a feeling that she is a top Eternum player and that she will have great influence on MC's progress.
I suspect she have a ninja or assassin type character. She give off that vibe with her constant murder "jokes"

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
How often were the updates for Once in a Lifetime? Just trying to gauge how often this game might be updating.

Rule97

May 2, 2018
while a part of me wishes author to still work in "Once in a Lifetime" as their main game, I'm sure they took their experience and the constructive criticism of that game to heart and this one is going to be better, lots of content by a 0.1 (based on the changelog) cant wait to play

4.80 star(s) 933 Votes