Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Thanks for the info man. I too was wondering why it takes so long for its update. Tho Im even in that discord but to lazy to check it out. Glad to see its still being worked on.
Man's not stopping anytime soon (tho I have seen mention that he wants to pace himself to maintain his health and sanity, hence the pacing switch around 0.6). In fact he's been mentioning this sentiment every now and then on Discord...

Screenshot_20231226_191330_Discord.jpg

So yeah, as long as he doesn't let the workload get to him, he's in this for the long haul.

6joker6

Jun 25, 2019
Source:

[0.7] - Progress Report (Patreon)
Published:
2023-12-04 09:27:55
Content
Hello everyone!!!

I hope you're all doing great!

First of all, I want to personally thank every single one of you from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me another month and making this journey possible ❤❤❤

You guys are simply awesome

Now, onto some exciting news about the game!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last month I didn't publish many things, but that will change this month! Starting with this new progress report, I'll also post 2 (maybe 3) new wallpapers, more polls to decide the poster images, and what you're probably waiting for the most, a new set of sneak peeks!
All this coming your way throughout December!

Progress is going well, although perhaps a bit slower than usual. I'm not going to make any excuses or claim that it's because the next update will be massive or something (its size will be similar to the previous one), but I want to assure you that I'm fully dedicated to the game's development and pushing myself to work at my maximum pace without compromising quality (or mental health). If it was up to me, I'd be rolling out a new update every month!

One thing I can 100% promise is that I'll always be here to address any and all of your questions with absolute transparency! You won't get rid of me so easily

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the current stats:
- 695 renders
- 17 animations
- 7100 lines of code
All of them already done and integrated into the game!

The first arc (or chapter, segment, or phase, call them however you want ) is already wrapped up! This segment, as you saw in the last set of sneak peeks, includes Luna and Penny back in Ekabar, the medieval server.

In this arc, there's a pivotal decision ahead. Not only will it potentially shape the story's direction in the future, but it'll also create distinct scenes within this upcoming update. One path centers around Luna, while the other spotlights Penny, although your decision might depend more on the world's events rather than the girls themselves.

Rest assured, while some other minor choices or bonus relationship points may hinge on this decision, you won't lose the path or any gallery scenes of the girl you don't choose, so don't worry about that. The harem path will always be a possibility!

4618d980ded5f2301fc28c70207a6d39acfaa04c544505082a4ac64e3d7df1dc.jpg
If you played Once in a Lifetime, it's something similar to the choice between Lauren's and Judie's plan when you're about to attack the Mayor's house with Stabby Mike, but the alternate options will be more extensive. Whatever you choose, I highly recommend playing through both options to see all the content! There are cool scenes whatever you choose!

The conclusion of this arc will significantly hinge on the choices you make throughout it, so stay vigilant! During your adventure in Eternum, what might seem like a small decision or a inconsequential scene could have a sneaky way of coming back to you in the future...

And that's all for now!

As I said earlier, keep an eye out for more exciting content dropping throughout the month!
Stay tuned!

Thank you for all your support

Love you all

Caribdis

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Source:

[0.7] - Progress Report (Patreon)
Published:
2023-12-04 09:27:55
Content
Hello everyone!!!

I hope you're all doing great!

First of all, I want to personally thank every single one of you from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me another month and making this journey possible ❤❤❤

You guys are simply awesome

Now, onto some exciting news about the game!

Last month I didn't publish many things, but that will change this month! Starting with this new progress report, I'll also post 2 (maybe 3) new wallpapers, more polls to decide the poster images, and what you're probably waiting for the most, a new set of sneak peeks!
All this coming your way throughout December!

Progress is going well, although perhaps a bit slower than usual. I'm not going to make any excuses or claim that it's because the next update will be massive or something (its size will be similar to the previous one), but I want to assure you that I'm fully dedicated to the game's development and pushing myself to work at my maximum pace without compromising quality (or mental health). If it was up to me, I'd be rolling out a new update every month!

One thing I can 100% promise is that I'll always be here to address any and all of your questions with absolute transparency! You won't get rid of me so easily

Here are the current stats:
- 695 renders
- 17 animations
- 7100 lines of code
All of them already done and integrated into the game!

The first arc (or chapter, segment, or phase, call them however you want ) is already wrapped up! This segment, as you saw in the last set of sneak peeks, includes Luna and Penny back in Ekabar, the medieval server.

In this arc, there's a pivotal decision ahead. Not only will it potentially shape the story's direction in the future, but it'll also create distinct scenes within this upcoming update. One path centers around Luna, while the other spotlights Penny, although your decision might depend more on the world's events rather than the girls themselves.

Rest assured, while some other minor choices or bonus relationship points may hinge on this decision, you won't lose the path or any gallery scenes of the girl you don't choose, so don't worry about that. The harem path will always be a possibility!

View attachment 3205810
If you played Once in a Lifetime, it's something similar to the choice between Lauren's and Judie's plan when you're about to attack the Mayor's house with Stabby Mike, but the alternate options will be more extensive. Whatever you choose, I highly recommend playing through both options to see all the content! There are cool scenes whatever you choose!

The conclusion of this arc will significantly hinge on the choices you make throughout it, so stay vigilant! During your adventure in Eternum, what might seem like a small decision or a inconsequential scene could have a sneaky way of coming back to you in the future...

And that's all for now!

As I said earlier, keep an eye out for more exciting content dropping throughout the month!
Stay tuned!

Thank you for all your support

Love you all

Caribdis
Kinda late for the party, man..

6joker6

Jun 25, 2019
Source:

[0.7] - Sneak Peek #3 (Patreon)
Published:
2023-12-20 14:11:18
Content
Hello everyone!!!
I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Just as promised, here's a fresh batch of sneak peeks to keep you guessing about what's in store for Eternum 0.7!
I decided to wrap up the Penelope+Luna arc (though a certain ginger girl might have sneaked in when I wasn't looking), since it will be one of the major highlights of this next update.
If you're wondering where your favorite girl is, fear not! The upcoming Sneak Peeks #4 will showcase all the girls! Also, they will arrive sooner than #3 did, so you can expect them coming your way in January!
I'll keep the lid sealed on more details for now, leaving you to wonder about every render
Why the odd expression on Penny's face? Could Nova have received a compliment? OH NO, IS LUNA GONNA BE ALRIGHT?!
All these mysteries will unravel soon! With each passing day, 0.7 draws nearer!!!
Aaaand that's all for today!
I want to take this moment to wish each and every one of you a joyous holiday season and a fantastic start to 2024! Here's to hoping for a year filled with blessings and plenty of exciting updates of Eternum!
Thank you for your incredible support throughout this amazing year!
Stay awesome, and see you all very soon! The train is not stopping now!
Love you all ❤
Caribdis
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Source:

[0.7] - Sneak Peek #3 (Patreon)
Published:
2023-12-20 14:11:18
Content
Hello everyone!!!
I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
Just as promised, here's a fresh batch of sneak peeks to keep you guessing about what's in store for Eternum 0.7!
I decided to wrap up the Penelope+Luna arc (though a certain ginger girl might have sneaked in when I wasn't looking), since it will be one of the major highlights of this next update.
If you're wondering where your favorite girl is, fear not! The upcoming Sneak Peeks #4 will showcase all the girls! Also, they will arrive sooner than #3 did, so you can expect them coming your way in January!
I'll keep the lid sealed on more details for now, leaving you to wonder about every render
Why the odd expression on Penny's face? Could Nova have received a compliment? OH NO, IS LUNA GONNA BE ALRIGHT?!
All these mysteries will unravel soon! With each passing day, 0.7 draws nearer!!!
Aaaand that's all for today!
I want to take this moment to wish each and every one of you a joyous holiday season and a fantastic start to 2024! Here's to hoping for a year filled with blessings and plenty of exciting updates of Eternum!
Thank you for your incredible support throughout this amazing year!
Stay awesome, and see you all very soon! The train is not stopping now!
Love you all ❤
Caribdis
Also posted a while back. Twice, actually (was late by a few minutes lol).

sorry didn't see your post
Iz cool, tho I advise you to use the search function next time to see if the prog report/sneak peek has been posted already.

Also that site you're using is often late when it comes to progress reports/sneak peeks...at least, compared to the ones posting on this thread, lel.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Thanks for the info man. I too was wondering why it takes so long for its update. Tho Im even in that discord but to lazy to check it out. Glad to see its still being worked on.
It's not taking "so long", it is well inside the projected timeframe. That is just how long the development of a well made and sizeable update for a VN mainly developed by a single guy takes.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That is just how long the development of a well made and sizeable update for a VN mainly developed by a single guy takes.
2-3 people (plus the dozens/hundreds of higher-tier subscribers who do the bug testing and squashing prior to the Public release). IIRC he has one person on English translation/editing duty and one on sex scene animations (the Alex scene in 0.6 is just an example of his handiwork). Everything else (non-NSFW animations (i.e. the Nova bazooka scene), storyboarding, writing, rendering, bulk of the coding work) is Cari's handiwork.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
i'm lovin this game/vn ive been playing since the early days. I cant get past Luna's eyes they make me think she is part Drow (dark elf) or part demon

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
2-3 people (plus the dozens/hundreds of higher-tier subscribers who do the bug testing and squashing prior to the Public release). IIRC he has one person on English translation/editing duty and one on sex scene animations (the Alex scene in 0.6 is just an example of his handiwork). Everything else (non-NSFW animations (i.e. the Nova bazooka scene), storyboarding, writing, rendering, bulk of the coding work) is Cari's handiwork.
Most of the bigger developers have some help (and of course don't beta test all by themselves), but I think we would in general still call it a one-man-show.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Most of the bigger developers have some help (and of course don't beta test all by themselves), but I think we would in general still call it a one-man-show.
Some take that one-man show badge quite seriously and literally, much to the chagrin of supporters of said devs...

/side-eyes DPC and Yanderedev

Last edited:
Reactions: Redd23

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
If we're talking popularity, however, you sort it by likes IMO. And currently BaDIK sits on top of that list (with 10k+ likes), while Eternum sits at no. 6 (at around 3.8k+ likes). Realistically I don't think it'll ever take BaDIK's popularity crown unless the latter crashes and burns or stagnates, but it could vie for the 2nd spot (occupied by ICSTOR's "MilkingImean Milfy City" at 5.8k+ likes) or 3rd spot (occupied by Darkcookie's "MilkingtimeImean Summertime Saga" at 5.7k+ likes) by the time Cari finishes this VN.
That depends on what you define as "popular". The game that has the most players? The game that has in absolute numbers the most ratings? Or the game - and that was probably meant here - that has the overall best average ratings with a certain minimum number for ratings given (which is what I suspect the "weighted rating" here does)?

Also Cari's latest updates were generally regarded well by pretty much everybody who already liked the game in the first place. Not like the last two BaD updates for example, that weren't that well received by a sizeable number of longtime players.

Reactions: JackassJeff
Dec 25, 2023
I wonder what's so special about this game. And I am not complaining about it, just trying to understand because I am also interested in adult game development. I personally don't like the graphics, the sound part is ok, and in the gameplay part it's just vn with a few additions.

I can't understand what's so special about the story either. Nearly thousand people giving so much praise in the rating section feels unreal to me after playing the game itself.

SkyIce

Jun 15, 2021
Don't know if it was what you had in mind when you asked for pics but here some of my saved ones(I had to limit myself cause I can't put more than 64 images per post :LUL:)

Nancy

Calypso

Dalia

Penny

Luna

Alex

Eva
sorry bro, but i really can not remember which part this pic is from. could u tell me? thx

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes