Lilybelle

Jan 22, 2023
...Yeah, but those gas prices though. :KEK:
So I know this is an old topic, but a lightbulb went off in my brain and I wanted to share it with everybody. If someone already pointed this out and I missed it then apologies for bringing it up again.

There's been comments made on this thread (didn't feel it was necessary to go hunting them all down as reference) about how ridiculously low the gas prices in Eternum are. I'm here to claim they're not as ridiculous as some have been lead to believe.

So for starters, let's agree that these are NOT the gas prices in Kredon. I think that's fair to say based on what's discussed during the car ride prior to arriving at the gas station.

Then we get into the pieces that are negotiable. So the first criteria to make these prices plausible would be the unit of measurement. I think a large bulk of people thinking the price was low thought that the price was in dollars per gallon. But what if I told you it was in dollars per Liter! Assuming this, the conversion is roughly 3.8 liters per gallon. This values the dollars per gallon relative to the gas station in the game as ~ $4 per gallon for regular gas. I'd consider this to be a relatively plausible cost.

"But Lilybelle, why would you use liters? That's absurd!"

Well, the thought crossed my mind because with Luna's family being Mexican, I remembered that Mexican Gas Stations present their gas prices by the Liter. However, they also express the cost in pesos, which actually results in much Larger numbers and thus makes the gas prices listed even Less believable. But they didn't say they're going to Mexico... they said they're going to another state. So now the question becomes: Why would a gas station in the USA be using Liters instead of Gallons? The answer: Mexican Gas stations in Texas!

With a little digging, I found what appeared to be Gas stations that had US Dollars as the currency (because you use the country's currency), but Liters as the units for quantity (I imagine there's some corporate reason I don't understand related to it being a Mexican Company). So if you're willing to believe that they drove all the way to Texas to celebrate Dia de los Muertos and happened to refill at one of those special gas stations then these gas costs don't feel Too crazy.

TL;DR The gas prices are normal.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
May 9, 2021

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Completely forgot that this is literally in the same universe as OIAL and about that scene with Oliver - that was funny as fuck!
I'm kinda grateful that it was during the Nova event when that wine got reintroduced (though I did say "Oh gods they're fucked" out loud when I saw the name of the wine). Because I don't think I'd wanna know what would've happened had that wine popped up during, say, Penny's event. Especially with Charlotte there.

Then again, if I was horny as hell and had to choose between fucking an Ivory Elephant or Charlotte...I'd probably choose the Ivory Elephant.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
I'm kinda grateful that it was during the Nova event when that wine got reintroduced (though I did say "Oh gods they're fucked" out loud when I saw the name of the wine). Because I don't think I'd wanna know what would've happened had that wine popped up during, say, Penny's event. Especially with Charlotte there.

Then again, if I was horny as hell and had to choose between fucking an Ivory Elephant or Charlotte...I'd probably choose the Ivory Elephant.
Then imagine you ate it with the magic mushrooms and get high as fuck...
Then the next day you wake up in Professor Connors house...
Like whaat in fucking hell??

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
Guys i found sth thats not canon. Im very sure it is not intended but im curious what you think about this:

What ya guys think?

Last edited:

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
Guys i found sth thats not canon. Im very sure it is not intended but im curious what you think about this:

What ya guys think?
i’m guessing carib probably used a default model and didn’t notice, or did notice and made it darker so that we can’t see. Don’t think its canon tho

winmace

Jun 7, 2022
Almost binged this game in a single session, so fun to play. The story is engaging, the comedy is just wonderful, I LOVE the really somber scenes. Caribdis is so creative and I can't wait to see where else this all goes.

Oh yeah and the scenes are sexy.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
i’m guessing carib probably used a default model and didn’t notice, or did notice and made it darker so that we can’t see. Don’t think its canon tho
actually it wasnt that dark in my scene so you could read it pretty clearly, must have been... the wind.. (sry xD). I assume that its a preset and just got in release unnoticed as well. But i like to play with the thought it was intentionally, so some people like me can get a burnout over it ^^

Reactions: voltairepop

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
So I know this is an old topic, but a lightbulb went off in my brain and I wanted to share it with everybody. If someone already pointed this out and I missed it then apologies for bringing it up again.

There's been comments made on this thread (didn't feel it was necessary to go hunting them all down as reference) about how ridiculously low the gas prices in Eternum are. I'm here to claim they're not as ridiculous as some have been lead to believe.

So for starters, let's agree that these are NOT the gas prices in Kredon. I think that's fair to say based on what's discussed during the car ride prior to arriving at the gas station.

Then we get into the pieces that are negotiable. So the first criteria to make these prices plausible would be the unit of measurement. I think a large bulk of people thinking the price was low thought that the price was in dollars per gallon. But what if I told you it was in dollars per Liter! Assuming this, the conversion is roughly 3.8 liters per gallon. This values the dollars per gallon relative to the gas station in the game as ~ $4 per gallon for regular gas. I'd consider this to be a relatively plausible cost.

"But Lilybelle, why would you use liters? That's absurd!"

Well, the thought crossed my mind because with Luna's family being Mexican, I remembered that Mexican Gas Stations present their gas prices by the Liter. However, they also express the cost in pesos, which actually results in much Larger numbers and thus makes the gas prices listed even Less believable. But they didn't say they're going to Mexico... they said they're going to another state. So now the question becomes: Why would a gas station in the USA be using Liters instead of Gallons? The answer: Mexican Gas stations in Texas!

With a little digging, I found what appeared to be Gas stations that had US Dollars as the currency (because you use the country's currency), but Liters as the units for quantity (I imagine there's some corporate reason I don't understand related to it being a Mexican Company). So if you're willing to believe that they drove all the way to Texas to celebrate Dia de los Muertos and happened to refill at one of those special gas stations then these gas costs don't feel Too crazy.

TL;DR The gas prices are normal.

Where in Texas? And, as someone who lives in Texas, I can guarantee you there are very few destinations between CA and TX that you can get to in 10 hours or less (not that you'd have to for the proposed trip, but you can't even cross Texas in 10 hours or less without travelling at about 100mph the whole way, and that would be if you tried it in a straight line). Yes, you can do San Diego to El Paso, maybe, but I get the impression (maybe it was stated?) that Kredon is more "Northern California" - Bay Area or further north, possibly as far as Eureka area. And, wasn't the place they were going to search for Thanatos in Oregon? For that to be about a three hour drive (as it is stated in the AVN), you'd have to start not much further south than Eureka, and not go much further north than Brookings, OR. Granted, you could adjust that "bracket", moving north getting you further into Oregon , but Brookings is the closest "bigger" city near the southern border of OR.

More likely they went to some place in Nevada or Arizona for the Dios de las Muerta celebration, and the gas station was somewhere about the halfway point, meaning closer to the NV/CA border if a NV destination, or somewhere in CA if an AZ destination - some place like the Berkley/Bay area to Lake Havasu is about the right time frame, and could have the mountainous area in the back yard of the Uncle's home. If the starting point is closer to Eureka, then AZ is completely out of the question and we're looking at NV exclusively. Finally, as a Jeep owner, I can tell you that the longer wheel-based and heavier 4-door has trouble going above 100mph and starts to get a little squirrelly at that speed; the 2-door with the shorter wheel base (and the removeable hard top, especially) has too high of a center of gravity and too short of a wheel base for stable sustained travel at 100mph, and is unlikely to go that fast if you heavily modify it to bring the center of gravity down to increase stability - the V-6 just won't get you there with the extra weight.

Maybe in the future (for the Jeep to be older than Luna, we're talking about 2026 or later), the US will start using liters on a broader basis, but I really doubt it. ;)

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
actually it wasnt that dark in my scene so you could read it pretty clearly, must have been... the wind.. (sry xD). I assume that its a preset and just got in release unnoticed as well. But i like to play with the thought it was intentionally, so some people like me can get a burnout over it ^^
There's one AVN I play where the kitchen clock is always the same, and the Dev put a line in about "that old clock hasn't worked in years - I just need to get rid of it". And the sale price shown on a cash register at a store in the same AVN is always (if I remember right) $9.34.

Just the assets, and, unless a clock with the correct time is essential to something going on in the game, will almost never get changed.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 907 Votes