Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Who the fuck isn't on the Nova path? :eek:
I get it... but I have to be completely unbiased in the code (SanchoNotes are free rain though). So, I have to account for everything, absolutely everything or it's all for not. That's every single mod I've written to date, they all account for everything I possibly can at the time. It's tedious work tbh.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I get it... but I have to be completely unbiased in the code (SanchoNotes are free rain though). So, I have to account for everything, absolutely everything or it's all for not. That's every single mod I've written to date, they all account for everything I possibly can at the time. It's tedious work tbh.
Plus, you deal with my bs when it pops up. :p

Well...that's an interesting way to play the game. Haha.
Yeah. I'm pretty much an idiot. I can't have the girl I want, so, I play the game without being on any path. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Plus, you deal with my bs when it pops up. :p
This is why there's so many "best choice" guides. They are stupidly easy to write at the cost of being inadequate in almost every way except for the VN's coded by new/rookie devs. The one free roam I coded that sticks in my mind as one of the most complex conditional ones I've done dynamically was the BaDIK DnG free roam. That fucking thing took me more hours than I care to admit. It has four possible major FR mini-story endings inside one free roam while balancing all those LIs in that VN at the same time. It almost drove me mad taking on that challenge. Every other FR I've ever encountered result in the same conclusion just with different stats/paths... that one was on a whole different level though.

But I digress... I only have a couple hours left in me and I'll be 18+ hrs for the day. A nap will be required before I finish this I already know so I need to get as much of the heavy lifting out of the way as possible now.

I'm 100% on coding the CurrentLocation and Hotspots, and separated the conditional variables the dev used to code the FR and organized them. Now for me to write proper conditionals to mold them into a proper Task guide... the heavy lifting.

Nov 19, 2021
It's gotta be insane doing these mods with all the paths that are, and all the paths that might be. Only for another chapter to get released and you have to change everything all over again. I'm thinking of that New Coral City game that kind of kept redoing itself for awhile before the developer decided to just say fuck it. At some point...you probably get really sick of typing in all that green text that suggests someone goes a certain route.

Reactions: Kaisenjin

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's gotta be insane doing these mods with all the paths that are, and all the paths that might be. Only for another chapter to get released and you have to change everything all over again. I'm thinking of that New Coral City game that kind of kept redoing itself for awhile before the developer decided to just say fuck it. At some point...you probably get really sick of typing in all that green text that suggests someone goes a certain route.
Generally speaking where I usually only have to go back for ChoiceGuide "fixes" is where in the SanchoNotes I write something similar to "No consequences as of xxx", then I simply search those every update to see if the variables have finally done something or are still dormant. Most stay dormant forever and I just have to remove the note at the VN's conclusion. Again, that's mostly general.

Otherwise I pop the notifier to "save here just in case" type thing. That way if I have to make a change I've given warning to the player previously and they can load there and re-play with the new variables changes the dev may have placed. Devs have a tendency to introduce new variables in old script which really fucking sucks... I keep telling them to simply make the changes retroactive in the code. It's more work to code but so much easier on all the players.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Einstein moment: use the infamous "or" in the damn guide:

With all current LI's:
1674370449794.png
For the non-Nova's:
1674370513324.png

And (of course) you can use turn Off the ChoiceGuide via the new HotKeys or via the MiniMenu/SanchoOptions to eliminate the FR guide completely (like all modern SanchoMods)... (or you could just open the Stat screens via the same methods but that's your choice):
1674370648823.png

Sometimes I work better on my fifth whiskey... or is it the eighth (meh, semantics)

cyberprophet

Apr 19, 2019
You have two choices if you previously used any SanchoMod bud: 1) wait till the cake is out of the oven 2) use the SaveFixer in the mod's OP.

If you go for choice #2 then do NOT forget you installed that file as you'll want to delete it before installing the full mod... this is imperative. Otherwise the goal is today but I never promise any due dates... it sounds cliche but honestly it's done only when it is done, there's no way to know all the many roadblocks that come up and it's a ton of work. This is not a trivial effort by any stretch. If you can hold off I highly recommend waiting for the update rather than the SaveFixer but you do you, it's just my suggestion.
Thanks a lot i'm not in a hurry! *patiently waiting*

Reactions: Kaisenjin and jrc82

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
If there are split routes from the free roam, will there be a cheat route to access both routes that bork vanilla saves, or is that not possible with Eternum's split paths?

Reactions: Kaisenjin

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If there are split routes from the free roam, will there be a cheat route to access both routes that bork vanilla saves, or is that not possible with Eternum's split paths?
Well, to date they've never split yet. I'll be able to properly answer you after I'm done with the FR guide code. I'm logging all my notes now since I have it relatively close but it's almost 0200 hours here and I've been at it over 18hrs straight. I still have code cleanup to do before I bench test for integrity so it'll be done sometime tomorrow mid-day or so. I'm writing all this in this post so I remember to tag you with a fresh reply.

Bottom line (to date) there are no route/path splits, just psbly scene/scene variants. I'll confirm that in the morning with a fresh cup of coffee. Also keep in mind that there are a zillion variables the dev hasn't decided to use in any conditionals yet so anything can/might change in the future.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Well, to date they've never split yet. I'll be able to properly answer you after I'm done with the FR guide code. I'm logging all my notes now since I have it relatively close but it's almost 0200 hours here and I've been at it over 18hrs straight. I still have code cleanup to do before I bench test for integrity so it'll be done sometime tomorrow mid-day or so. I'm writing all this in this post so I remember to tag you with a fresh reply.

Bottom line (to date) there are no route/path splits, just psbly scene/scene variants. I'll confirm that in the morning with a fresh cup of coffee. Also keep in mind that there are a zillion variables the dev hasn't decided to use in any conditionals yet so anything can/might change in the future.
Alrighty, thank you for your effort dude, I legit find it hard to play games without your mods anymore lol, but no pressure of course. Take your time, would hate for you to burn yourself out, I'm sure many Sancho followers share the same feeling and are willing to wait to use your product.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Alrighty, thank you for your effort dude, I legit find it hard to play games without your mods anymore lol, but no pressure of course. Take your time, would hate for you to burn yourself out, I'm sure many Sancho followers share the same feeling and are willing to wait to use your product.
TBH, I can't play without them either hence why I still write them. I get it, this one has taken me a bit longer than usual due to the binge coding I did and finished just minutes after this VN updated (completely overhauling BaDIK S1/S2). It took a lot of gas out of my tank but I still went for it to port ALL the newest goodies into this VN (which takes double the time regardless). This will be the latest full Core so it will have all the bells and whistles (except character renaming, that'll have to wait, but I reckon I'm still going to code Nancy for it at a minimum).

Regards bud, sincerely. It's almost 0300 hours, time for a nap. Catch y'all in the a.m. with a fresh cup of coffee and we'll get this thing knocked out and in your hands.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
TBH, I can't play without them either hence why I still write them. I get it, this one has taken me a bit longer than usual due to the binge coding I did and finished just minutes after this VN updated (completely overhauling BaDIK S1/S2). It took a lot of gas out of my tank but I still went for it to port ALL the newest goodies into this VN (which takes double the time regardless). This will be the latest full Core so it will have all the bells and whistles (except character renaming, that'll have to wait, but I reckon I'm still going to code Nancy for it at a minimum).

Regards bud, sincerely. It's almost 0300 hours, time for a nap. Catch y'all in the a.m. with a fresh cup of coffee and we'll get this thing knocked out and in your hands.
can't wait to finally ply this..hope i can lster today.thanks for your work

Ricey66

Apr 11, 2020

In a time poor world, what you and the other modders give us, is not just great mods....but time. Just imagine playing a game like where the heart is and Being a DIK, 6,7,8 hours into in and finding your preferred LI was locked out because of a choice or choices you made, but you have no idea what choice or choices were the wrong ones. Would you say F*** it and just keep playing and pick another LI? Restart it and redo 8 hours of playing to hopefully get the right choices? Or maybe just pack it in an move onto another game.

Whilst the mods and modders give us extra scenes and replay's and unlock photos/wallpapers etc etc, the best thing that they give us is time, time play our VN's and games knowing that we don't have to risk a run through and waste hours that we dont have to waste. Modders like Sancho, IamAB and Scrappy are just a valuable as the game dev's themselves. In my opinion anyway

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes