Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I finally figured out a way to guide one of the RNG games... but it's taken time away from me working on the free roam event. Bear with me... I don't want to leave the best guide features out but they all have to be custom coded of course.

For one of the RNG games I've set you up so you don't have to get the guide's answers with plenty of notifications:

Before the game initiates:
1674341443469.png
Before the player must input their guess:
1674341494726.png
Notification that they can turn the Guide back On if they chose to turn it Off:
1674341985925.png

Now, I have to start on the free roam if it's going to be in the update but I saw Nova had an RNG bit in her game... BAH! I'm working as fast as I can but reckon I need a momentary break (I've been at it solid non-stop) and get a leg stretch and an adult beverage.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This 5th episode sounds like hell.
Well, there's split paths, RNG gaming elements (but function more like the safe code in the previous U4 free roam), one free roam (which has split paths, couldn't make it easy on me)... it's a lot but not a ton. But me and my big mouth said "Sure, let's update this badboy to the latest Core v7" which I just finished producing and implementing in my last to VN updates: "Yesterday's Crossroads" and "BaDIK". So I created my own hell forgetting that Caribdis is no joke of a coder himself.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I feel like Caribdis is just going to make split paths just to fuck with you. You'll be going down his rabbit hole until the only relationship your MC has is with that giant, ugly chick that MC's friend is dating/obsessed with.
It'll be ok, so far we've managed to tame the best of the best in regards to technical VNs. It's a bitch to do them though (well, to do the correctly). Due to the time I invested in overhauling the previous updates and porting over the new Core I have to come through with a bang for the wait folks have had... the fucking pressure sucks.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Break time over.

I'm being rather heavy-handed with the MiniStat choreographing but can't help it... the VN's own production mandates it out of the pure silliness alone. I gotta roll with it and add to effect, after all that's the purpose of the mod... to enhance the VN, not make it into something it's not.

Silliness example 1 of 100's:
1674345177675.png

I'm double-checking Luna's event then I'll start the free roam for the Penny/Nova event. The others (I hope) will fall right into place. I'll let y'all know if I hit a hiccup.

Last edited:

Lexandus

Feb 12, 2020
hey Sancho, would you take over Harem Hotel Mod ? Latin have been MIA and the other modder is in hospital :(

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I finally figured out a way to guide one of the RNG games... but it's taken time away from me working on the free roam event. Bear with me... I don't want to leave the best guide features out but they all have to be custom coded of course.

For one of the RNG games I've set you up so you don't have to get the guide's answers with plenty of notifications:

Before the game initiates:
View attachment 2329556
Before the player must input their guess:
View attachment 2329558
Notification that they can turn the Guide back On if they chose to turn it Off:
View attachment 2329582

Now, I have to start on the free roam if it's going to be in the update but I saw Nova had an RNG bit in her game... BAH! I'm working as fast as I can but reckon I need a momentary break (I've been at it solid non-stop) and get a leg stretch and an adult beverage.
You might've caught this already, but I think first pic has a typo
"I will warn you warn you"

Reactions: Kaisenjin

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You might've caught this already, but I think first pic has a typo
"I will warn you warn you"
Indeed I've already cleaned them all up but thank you regardless (I have forgotten in the past to cleanup rough code). Good eye though, most never catch the little things and that's what it's all about imho. Thanks again for having my back.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Roughout for FreeRoam complete with CurrentLocation, TaskList, and HotspotInfo. Now time to refine it (after a whiskey refill) and code the laborious TaskList order:
1674355693871.png

I reckon you folks are getting quite tired of my updates but it's where I'm at right now, just being honest and transparent. I know this sucks but to do these things proper takes time (certainly more than a mere 4hrs mentioned to me that was given to "another" update, there's no fucking way that's possible unless it's totally half-assed, just sayin'). Accounting for the split paths has been done and took a few hours alone to code into the ChoiceGuide. It's fully dynamic as always so it will always take into account your current playthrough.

Enough yammering, back to work for me. I'm fairly confident that once I have the FR coded out and place in the last few MiniStat automations then I'll be ready to compile it for bench testing. I adjusted all the minor things along the way up to now so the final polish should be done for the most part. I'll let y'all know when I have the FR done as that will be the light at the end of the tunnel (barring any unexpected issues).

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Roughout for FreeRoam complete with CurrentLocation, TaskList, and HotspotInfo. Now time to refine it (after a whiskey refill) and code the laborious TaskList order:

I reckon you folks are getting quite tired of my updates but it's where I'm at right now, just being honest and transparent. I know this sucks but to do these things proper takes time (certainly more than a mere 4hrs mentioned to me that was given to "another" update, there's no fucking way that's possible unless it's totally half-assed, just sayin'). Accounting for the split paths has been done and took a few hours alone to code into the ChoiceGuide. It's fully dynamic as always so it will always take into account your current playthrough.

Enough yammering, back to work for me. I'm fairly confident that once I have the FR coded out and place in the last few MiniStat automations then I'll be ready to compile it for bench testing. I adjusted all the minor things along the way up to now so the final polish should be done for the most part. I'll let y'all know when I have the FR done as that will be the light at the end of the tunnel (barring any unexpected issues).
Idk, personally, I think getting those updates are nice. If all game devs updated as much as you do, I think there would be a lot less milkers.

Reactions: Kaisenjin

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This free roam's "Room" info (what room the player is currently in) is going to be a bit wonky. The dev refers to them as "room1", "room2", etc. and they don't have enough identifying info for me to call them something appropriate (other than the locker room). Dunno, I'm thinking about it while coding out the tasks (which uses quite a few variables, all sequenced so I'm having to journal them on the side to figure out exactly which sequence is for what exact purpose). It's laborious but all these dynamic free roam codings are... UoP and BaDIK give me the most fits. This one is similarly complex behind the scenes (in the code). If a player was looking to do as many things as possible then I have no idea how they would know tbh, I'm still wrapping my mind around it so I can order them to give maximum content depending on LIs preferred.

As an example when I first saw the FR I just simply clicked around to get a feel for it, stumbled upon the Penny event and once it was done it was the end of the FR... and I think you can do more than one event from initial review of the code. I'll get it sorted but thought it worth mentioning.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
This free roam's "Room" info (what room the player is currently in) is going to be a bit wonky. The dev refers to them as "room1", "room2", etc. and they don't have enough identifying info for me to call them something appropriate (other than the locker room). Dunno, I'm thinking about it while coding out the tasks (which uses quite a few variables, all sequenced so I'm having to journal them on the side to figure out exactly which sequence is for what exact purpose). It's laborious but all these dynamic free roam codings are... UoP and BaDIK give me the most fits. This one is similarly complex behind the scenes (in the code). If a player was looking to do as many things as possible then I have no idea how they would know tbh, I'm still wrapping my mind around it so I can order them to give maximum content depending on LIs preferred.

As an example when I first saw the FR I just simply clicked around to get a feel for it, stumbled upon the Penny event and once it was done it was the end of the FR... and I think you can do more than one event from initial review of the code. I'll get it sorted but thought it worth mentioning.
The Freerome rooms are

Cafeteria - Left Hallway - Entrance Hall - Right Hallway - Locker Room - Algebra Class

then one of Nova's events takes place i the Library, but you can't get there in freerome

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The Freerome rooms are

Cafeteria - Left Hallway - Entrance Hall - Right Hallway - Locker Room - Algebra Class

then one of Nova's events takes place i the Library, but you can't get there in freerome
Fuck. I just named them on my own:

Dining Room - Left Hallway (Ha!) - Main Entry - Right Hallway (Ha! again) - Locker Room (obvious) - Classroom

Close... like horseshoes and hand grenades. I like cafeteria, I'll leave the rest I reckon

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
hahaha Great Job!

Penny specifically says that the Class Room is "Algebra Class" but Algebra Class takes place in a Class room, so what you have sounds good to me. I was just trying to help since I played it once without the mod and will play it again with it once its done. ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, wow. If not on Nova path the free roam is really short... two events for Penny and then exit. It's a bit whack with both of them though, real easy to miss content. I'll grab another refill while I debate how to handle if the player goes against the task list order I'm setting... I know some folks will (why not, there's no rules) and the task list will get stuck if not accounted for all variants. Conditional code hell is where I'm traveling...

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes