Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just gonna say it: This particular mod update will be mostly best served for those who are refreshing their starts... not because there's a need to but because of all the literally thousands of "little" touches being implemented. I'm doing my best to have the experience like a movie of sorts... set and forget, only pausing during choices that (obviously) must be made. Yes it's a ton of work to do this way but like other VN's that I deemed personally worthy (I'm looking at you LoF) I reckon this on is right up there on my personal "I can't wait to play it" VNs. You'd think me coding all this that I am playing it but I'm not really... I jump and look at context, not dialogue so that once the mod is finished I can kick back just like you folks and enjoy the presentation. Anyway, long post of me saying I'm now obligated to go the extra mile... I'm already in that marathon anyway. Consider this one of my potential top-shelf mods to date once published (I hope).

Enough of me blabbering (and taking a mini-break). Time for an adult beverage refill and get back to it. Again, I appreciate the patience and I sincerely hope that your wait will be rewarded with the utmost professional software product add-on for your experience. Those who didn't wait will simply miss out imho.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm certainly not the best... but I am a fan of the VN (obviously) and with that I tend to bring the best I currently have in my bag. Sure, the SanchoMod features are basically similar... what's different is the presentation. The placement of every-single-fucking-thing I present on screen to be exactly where it should be so it's most informative and least obtrusive at the same time (one hell of thing to balance and it's personal preference of course). Just know I can't wait either... but this VN simply deserves for me to step up and not just pump out the update's ChoiceGuide and SanchoGallery and leave it at that. That, imho, is a disservice and my mind is made up.

With that said there's going to be many event variables introduced in U5 (update v0.5) that I have no idea what they will or won't do yet (because they are simply set as True of False but have zero conditionals for consequences yet)... so take the last update's (U5) with a grain of salt.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
( P.S. I really wish the dev would respond to the bugs I've found... not for credit but to insure I've got in my head what I'm assuming is in his. It's rather imperative but I can always maintenance my "fixes" so that everyone is ok (I'm good like that). Just and FYI )

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
( P.S. I really wish the dev would respond to the bugs I've found... not for credit but to insure I've got in my head what I'm assuming is in his. It's rather imperative but I can always maintenance my "fixes" so that everyone is ok (I'm good like that). Just and FYI )
Since the update is a leak of the early access, is it possible that Caribdis had those fixed for the public version coming next month? It'd still be cool of him to message you back to tell you if they have it fixed already or missed out on those issues.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Since the update is a leak of the early access, is it possible that Caribdis had those fixed for the public version coming next month? It'd still be cool of him to message you back to tell you if they have it fixed already or missed out on those issues.
Some dev's msg me during releases, some don't. I think I remember me and Caribdis being in conversation before (or one of the the team due to a previous dialogue box issue from v0.2/v0.3 or so). I can't remember but regardless I'm pretty good at sniffing out these types of things so I'm moving forward regardless. Most of the fixes the team would have to do is exactly the way I'm doing them anyway so there's really a no harm/no foul issue here. I just want folks to know that what I change, if ever found in error (which hasn't hardly ever occurred) can be quickly rectified via a maintenance update from me.

See (for those coding gurus out there) what I normally do during a "fix" I'm only 99% sure of is I make a new variable before the fix. If the "fix" is found to be different than the way the dev handles it (rarely the case) it allows me to go back in an update, find the variable via the code, and revert as needed so it's as if nothing happened in your saves. No other mod does this type of behind the scenes preventive maintenance but I reckon most folks know I wouldn't fuck them due to having a proper SaveFixer to begin with. Just saying in a long-winded way that it'll all be okay regardless of release. And to be honest this was a Patreon release, not a beta from what I've gathered (correct me if I'm wrong there).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, it's now 2300 hours here now and I'm going to take a break and whip up a solid dinner (I won't elaborate like last time, I'm a pretty damn good chef as well). During these lasts posts I've now completely rewritten U1-U4 (shorthand for v0.1-v0.4), choreographed the MiniStat to take into account blackout transitions ( "A Few Minutes/Days/Weeks Later" ), Eternum transports (all the ones I'm finding anyway), animated transitions, lewds regardless of if they are represented in the galleries or not, etc. (complete MiniStat automation is the goal).

Blah, blah, blah... I get it, I don't want these posts to be non-informative and boring so I'll get to my dinner break and return to work. Just keeping y'all updated on what's going on behind the scenes. Regards.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Okay, it's now 2300 hours here now and I'm going to take a break and whip up a solid dinner (I won't elaborate like last time, I'm a pretty damn good chef as well). During these lasts posts I've now completely rewritten U1-U4 (shorthand for v0.1-v0.4), choreographed the MiniStat to take into account blackout transitions ( "A Few Minutes/Days/Weeks Later" ), Eternum transports (all the ones I'm finding anyway), animated transitions, lewds regardless of if they are represented in the galleries or not, etc. (complete MiniStat automation is the goal).

Blah, blah, blah... I get it, I don't want these posts to be non-informative and boring so I'll get to my dinner break and return to work. Just keeping y'all updated on what's going on behind the scenes. Regards.

Looks like giving the game a shot and first play should be fantastic with a new updated mod for all episodes. :giggle:

Reactions: Kayrahan91

DJviny

Nov 21, 2021
Just gonna say it: This particular mod update will be mostly best served for those who are refreshing their starts... not because there's a need to but because of all the literally thousands of "little" touches being implemented. I'm doing my best to have the experience like a movie of sorts... set and forget, only pausing during choices that (obviously) must be made. Yes it's a ton of work to do this way but like other VN's that I deemed personally worthy (I'm looking at you LoF) I reckon this on is right up there on my personal "I can't wait to play it" VNs. You'd think me coding all this that I am playing it but I'm not really... I jump and look at context, not dialogue so that once the mod is finished I can kick back just like you folks and enjoy the presentation. Anyway, long post of me saying I'm now obligated to go the extra mile... I'm already in that marathon anyway. Consider this one of my potential top-shelf mods to date once published (I hope).

Enough of me blabbering (and taking a mini-break). Time for an adult beverage refill and get back to it. Again, I appreciate the patience and I sincerely hope that your wait will be rewarded with the utmost professional software product add-on for your experience. Those who didn't wait will simply miss out imho.
You're into it so much man, you're going to make me cry with the wholesomeness, love your work man and can't wait, I'm going to restart the game too and see the changes.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
I reckon most folks know I wouldn't fuck them due to having a proper SaveFixer to begin with. Just saying in a long-winded way that it'll all be okay regardless of release. And to be honest this was a Patreon release, not a beta from what I've gathered (correct me if I'm wrong there).
Oh I definitely know you wouldn't fuck people over. I've used your mod in every VNs that it's available for.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a patreon release, but between the tier it's released and the public release, since he has about a month difference between the two, it still allows him to do some bug fixes before it hits everyone. That was basically all I meant by my previous post.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019

Dinner break, sounds good. ;)

garfield dinner gif.gif

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Looks like giving the game a shot and first play should be fantastic with a new updated mod for all episodes. :giggle:
If I'm being honest, most would prefer to be in your shoes. The presentation of the VN doesn't mandate the need for a multi-mod per se (in all transparency) but allows for a playground to embellish UI tweaks and very specific criteria that the player feels best suites them then let 'er roll. It's a VN that's setting up to be one of the top of them all... name the biggies and this dev team has literally punked many of them out in regards to presentation. Story-wise time will tell but little out there beats this in production terms. All of that is mho of course but I'd challenge a civil debate (in another thread) by all means.

If you've never played it before you will likely be blown away by the production. The LIs and storyline is always personal preference but it's a solid romp to date.

Reactions: ductapexc

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
If I'm being honest, most would prefer to be in your shoes. The presentation of the VN doesn't mandate the need for a multi-mod per se (in all transparency) but allows for a playground to embellish UI tweaks and very specific criteria that the player feels best suites them then let 'er roll. It's a VN that's setting up to be one of the top of them all... name the biggies and this dev team has literally punked many of them out in regards to presentation. Story-wise time will tell but little out there beats this in production terms. All of that is mho of course but I'd challenge a civil debate (in another thread) by all means.

If you've never played it before you will likely be blown away by the production. The LIs and storyline is always personal preference but it's a solid romp to date.
I was just looking at both mods and seen this tid-bit on the other mod.

It's very easy to lose a girl's path, so you should follow each positively marked option.
So, I thought a mod will help me out, well to not miss out.

canonss

Sep 10, 2019
Yeah, it's surely the best game on this website with Being a Dik alongside. This 2 games are clearly way on top of the other games. And then, you can add Ripples and then Pale Carnations. Ripples is pretty good too on the story-side.

Can't wait to try a new run with your mod !

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021

If I can ask, how much does the mod change for a new playthrough? Like what am I really missing by not starting over?
I don't mind spoilers, though I doubt you're changing anything story/animation related. (If you are though then damn)

Like I don't mind starting over, but only after catching up to end of 0.5.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Yeah, it's surely the best game on this website with Being a Dik alongside. This 2 games are clearly way on top of the other games. And then, you can add Ripples and then Pale Carnations. Ripples is pretty good too on the story-side.

Can't wait to try a new run with your mod !
No mention of Leap of Faith? Imo, Eternum and LoF are in the top 5 games on the site by far.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
No mention of Leap of Faith? Imo, Eternum and LoF are in the top 5 games on the site by far.

What about Artemis, it looks good (not got around to it yet, have it downloaded). Something about the black-haired girl in the banner I think is hot, seems like I've seen that model in quite a few games, or at the very least something awfully familiar (she seems like same one that's in Midlife Crisis). If anyone else agrees, let me know what other games that model is used in.

Once In A Lifetime, Pale Carnations, Timestamps, alright I need to quite I'm invading a thread about Eternum and someone's mod, I'm going to stop :whistle:

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes