Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

ayylmaostop

May 4, 2019
Double-post... a bit into the weeds so some that don't understand what's happening... when I update the mod's Core code it's like I'm holding a massive bundle of cable with thousands of wires in the bundle, all of which have to be "hooked" into the VN so that they all make connection. I'm fast at it over all this time but it's still thousands of variables and functions so it's not instant of course. Just to make it clear what it is I'm doing as a preparation and why it takes a bit of time.
Take it easy bro

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
I'm a StudioOne fella myself, but that's a story for another day I reckon :cool:
That's a good one too! :) Quite enjoyed working with that one a while back.
With a mix of Cubase and Reaper on the side. (sadly lost track of my license somewhere)

Nowadays, I feel it's enough with one for my use.
As ease of use and "recording quality" seem same on all of them anyways these days.
So I've sadly neglected a lot of goodies. >< But Reason's cable management, and chaining is just so gorgeous! :love:

Right, I'm not gonna sidetrack you from what you're doing, by getting into talk about cables, digitally or physically! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers! :D

Kaintfm

Apr 26, 2021
I have nothing interesting to add other than to say that you rock Sancho. I yet again look forward to your work.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Waiting on an update...

...on how good the steak was. :)
Very nice thank you. I'm on my second cup of coffee now while combing through accounting info to insure I report correctly to the state. Once done I'm back on this Core update but will have to take another break late morning since it's payday for my emps. I also have a few infrastructure issues to deal with onsite as well (that hard freeze during Christmas is still popping issues for me on various properties). Regardless I'm alive and kicking. Time to get to it.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
omg the humour in this just gets better and better.. both with cheng's cinematic blues and the toilet stall shove i literally snorted with laughter.. well played dude

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Most folks accustomed to SanchoMod have seen this "feature" before but I just realized I hadn't done it proper for this title: SanchoGallery NOT unlocking the OEM scenes (they were before, my bad). I do this so the player can use the OEM gallery as a type of achievement (cheevos) tracker.

Now it has been coded to insure it works as intended. In this example "Mexican Feast" is locked in the OEM gallery. The scene is viewed in SanchoGallery (trust me, I clicked on it and skipped through it four times):
1674233206452.png
And the OEM gallery scene remains locked as intended (unlocked only via normal VN playthough as required):
1674233287097.png

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Okay... here's the current skinny: The meat of Core v7 is ported... just not the baked potato yet so to speak (yeah, I'm thinking about grilling a ribeye in a bit). It's a ton of code but I fired it up and it didn't explode:
Glad to hear your not one of these vegan weirdos Sancho1969 ;) lol
Waiting patiently for your excellent work to be released... Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There's some bugs in the dev's code. I'm fixing to write him a post about one of them to see how receptive the team is regarding my input... test the waters a bit. I swear he and I PM's some time back but I can't find it and don't want to presume.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, a bit of another delay of sorts but it's regarding polish of presentation. I realized while coding U0.5 that the previous updates didn't have the MiniStat choreographed. I took the time to reformat U3 and U4 for now. I'll continue on with U5 and if I have any spare time once done I'll work backwards starting at U2 then U1 to code the choreographing (auto hide/show) the MiniStat in those as well. It certainly makes for a better viewing experience including the shock and humour moments, etc. The VN is so well presented that I feel I'm half-assing it by not supporting that (by leaving the MiniStat On all the time if the player has it selected). It takes a while to do this since I have to place the code at the exact correct spot for proper impact, otherwise it's all a waste of time if not done correctly (looks sloppy). I'll keep y'all posted of course.

I've not heard back from the dev yet so I'm going to temp fix everything I find with notes just in case there's a change of plan from the dev on how the needed fixes are implemented on his end.

ductapexc

Aug 4, 2019
Well, a bit of another delay of sorts but it's regarding polish of presentation. I realized while coding U0.5 that the previous updates didn't have the MiniStat choreographed. I took the time to reformat U3 and U4 for now. I'll continue on with U5 and if I have any spare time once done I'll work backwards starting at U2 then U1 to code the choreographing (auto hide/show) the MiniStat in those as well. It certainly makes for a better viewing experience including the shock and humour moments, etc. The VN is so well presented that I feel I'm half-assing it by not supporting that (by leaving the MiniStat On all the time if the player has it selected). It takes a while to do this since I have to place the code at the exact correct spot for proper impact, otherwise it's all a waste of time if not done correctly (looks sloppy). I'll keep y'all posted of course.

I've not heard back from the dev yet so I'm going to temp fix everything I find with notes just in case there's a change of plan from the dev on how the needed fixes are implemented on his end.
Rather it come out polished and the way you want it to be, than rushed and half finished. Keep up the great work.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I finally finished the DL. I also just finished a 3 day update to my oldest BaDIK mod thinking I'd have tonight and tomorrow to prepare my state business reports (sales tax and franchise tax are due by EOD tomorrow to the state). I'll start on this but at some point me and QuickBooks have a date that can't be skipped... unless I pay all the fines for being late and raising red flags.

Me stating all that is a bit personal but felt I need to be transparent so you know what might be a drag on getting this updated extremely promptly. It's not an excuse, it's just a prioritization of responsibilities which I'm certain most understand.... but there's always that few who don't, right? :ROFLMAO:

For folks that are impatient, see the SaveFixer in the OP... that'll get you done so you can load your old SanchoMod saves. Just don't forget you have that installed if you do... it won't play nice when the pending update is also installed. It's meant for one or the other, never both simultaneously.
So the astute accountants out there anywhere... I fucked up in the above post. It was sales tax and workforce hours that were due today, not franchise tax (which for my corp is in May). Off topic but I just know some bean counter will stumble upon that post (it's the internet after all) so thought I'd set that straight so no one thinks I was bullshittin'. :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
JenMistress... this VN doesn't necessarily holler out for it but if you wanted to change the name of one of the LIs, let me know which one and I'll see if I can sort that in this update as well (deep-rooted as always of course). It's optional, so don't feel obliged if it's unwarranted (I'm on the Nancy fence but that's just me). Regards as always.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
JenMistress... this VN doesn't necessarily holler out for it but if you wanted to change the name of one of the LIs, let me know which one and I'll see if I can sort that in this update as well (deep-rooted as always of course). It's optional, so don't feel obliged if it's unwarranted (I'm on the Nancy fence but that's just me). Regards as always.
Only one I ever really change unless the game itself gives me the option is the MC, so don't think that I am best one for that.

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
So the astute accountants out there anywhere... I fucked up in the above post. It was sales tax and workforce hours that were due today, not franchise tax (which for my corp is in May). Off topic but I just know some bean counter will stumble upon that post (it's the internet after all) so thought I'd set that straight so no one thinks I was bullshittin'. :LOL:
Internet accounting bureaucrats reading your addendum and realizing they can stand down now:
R.gif

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes