Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damn, and she still sticks with you? You got a keeper there... don't disappoint her again or coding might be all the fun yer left with...
Meh, many fish in the sea and they'd hate to lose sugardaddy. It's all good, mutual agreements on how time is spent... for the most part.

Whoc Ares

Oct 25, 2020
Thanks for the update! Cought this while playing:

Unexpected behavior: Starting the scene Flink manor/house with MiniStatScreen open produces uncought exception. Can reproduce reliably. Traceback attached.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for the update! Cought this while playing:

Unexpected behavior: Starting the scene Flink manor/house with MiniStatMenu open produces uncought exception. Can reproduce reliably. Traceback attached.
Indeed, it's one of the issues resolved in post mention here. I've now sorted it all including fleshing out the ChoiceGuide and dynamic FreeRoam guide. I'll push out an official release for folks to play with while I flesh out the SanchoCheat options. Won't be much longer, just refining some GUI polish here and there and it'll be ready. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. Teaser of SanchoCheats progress can be found here. It will be added soon. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening. Links in OP are updated, now includes fully-featured SanchoCheats and corrected many minor aesthetic bugs I caught in the last 24hrs or so. OP teaser pics updated, FAQ in post #2 updated.

Go get you some.

Last edited:

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Hello,
It seems you used an old version of script2.rpy? At line 4814, you have:
mc "Sup' man! Good to see you." with dis (multiple=2)
should be
mc "Sup' man! Good to see you." (multiple=2) with dis
I think it was an error in the first 0.2 release... not sure

BTW your mod doesn't seem to handle the multiple textboxes displaying.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello,
It seems you used an old version of script2.rpy? At line 4814, you have:
should be
I think it was an error in the first 0.2 release... not sure

BTW your mod doesn't seem to handle the multiple textboxes displaying.
Good morning. The scripts aren't old but sometimes when I port over to new I accidentally grab an entire menu choice sentence by mistake. I'll do a rediff again, thank you for letting me know. (Edit: I rediff'd and the scripts I used match line for line with the compressed download, so that's not the issue)

Regarding the dual dialogues boxes, that's something I noticed in unmodded compressed version I DL'd noted and explained in this post. I've also reached out to CircleJerker to see if it has something to do with the DL package compared to his unmodded he started with. This has yet to be resolved. I find it extremely odd that I have the same dual-dialogue issues on separate machines running completely unmodded but all is well with v0.2... I'll keep y'all posted on this of course.

Edit: BTW, do you have the uncompressed original VN or the compressed? You are actually the only other person other than myself that seems to have acknowledged this issue. Either way I've attached a save file below that was started in unmodded compressed and saved ~5 screens from a dual dialogue for testing purposes. Would you mind testing on your unmodded install? Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Bibifoc CircleJerker Wait.... re-reading your post you might have actually found the base of the issue... maybe. In CJ's compressed scripts "script2" has exactly mc "Sup' man! Good to see you." with dis (multiple=2)

I don't have the original uncompressed scripts so I cannot verify against them. Something is going on for sure (as I stated in that original post in the VN's thread here). But what's confusing me is that it also occurs in "script3" but only once after this scene with Maat (OEM line mc "Well, we're naked now. Are you happy?" with dis15 (multiple=2)):
1650284812631.png
Again, completely unmodded. CJ, are you sure you have the "Bugfixed" OEM files in your compressed posting? Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Here's the original scripts from the last 0.3 build.

1/ I wrote my post after having testing your mod on compressed version.
2/ For your record I made the customized dialog box in Eternum and the result isn't exactly as it was when I gave code to Caribdis. So something might be wrong in the original code too.

Currently:
current.png

How it was in 0.2 test:
planned.png

View attachment scripts.oem.zip

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Got it, in screens.rpy:
Python:
style block2_multiple2_say_window:
    xalign 0.5
becomes in 0.3:
Python:
    yalign -0.2
Don't know why?!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here's the original scripts from the last 0.3 build.

1/ I wrote my post after having testing your mod on compressed version.
2/ For your record I made the customized dialog box in Eternum and the result isn't exactly as it was when I gave code to Caribdis. So something might be wrong in the original code too.

Currently:
View attachment 1763661

How it was in 0.2 test:
View attachment 1763662

View attachment 1763648
If you compare dia boxes then do so without the mod... I reverted back to the old method until this issue was resolved so the modded version will look a bit different (I aligned things by eyeball and didn't waste time on perfection)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Got it, in screens.rpy:
Python:
    xalign 0.5
becomes in 0.3:
Python:
    yalign -0.2
Don't know why?!
(also see above post) Caribdis likely changed the alignment to separate the box GUIs for max height adjustment or some other tweak aesthetic. Just insure when you do any comparisons that you do so v0.2 OEM versus v0.3 OEM as I forced style changes and reverted much of the say screen code just to move forward with the mod update. Just making that clear that the mod does not exactly resemble either version of the say screen image placements/logic currently.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Sancho1969 and Bibifoc I didn't really have the time to look into the issue. If I understood correct it has nothing to do with my compression. As I didn't touch the script files I'd have been surprised if it had. I compressed the unfixed version but I merged it with the fixed one when I was done.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 and Bibifoc I didn't really have the time to look into the issue. If I understood correct it has nothing to do with my compression. As I didn't touch the script files I'd have been surprised if it had. I compressed the unfixed version but I merged it with the fixed one when I was done.
That is exactly what needs to be verified, that the scripts in the current compressed DL are indeed the "fixed" ones and NOT the "unfixed"... it's a possibility given the circumstances bud.

Reactions: "CJ"

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
In script2.rpy, at line 4798, from your RPA, I get:
but from the original 0.3 RPA:
So it seems to be a problem with the scripts you used.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
That is exactly what needs to be verified, that the scripts in the current compressed DL are indeed the "fixed" ones and NOT the "unfixed"... it's a possibility given the circumstances bud.
In script2.rpy, at line 4798, from your RPA, I get:

but from the original 0.3 RPA:

So it seems to be a problem with the scripts you used.
:FacePalm:Well, then I guess I messed up the merging process although I have no idea how that could have happened!:HideThePain:

Sorry for causing inconveniences! Uploading a fixed compressed version now.

But it doesn't solve the overlapping textboxes issue.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
:FacePalm:Well, then I guess I messed up the merging process although I have no idea how that could have happened!:HideThePain:

Sorry for causing inconveniences! Uploading a fixed compressed version now.

But it doesn't solve the overlapping textboxes issue.
Thanks for looking into this bud, sincerely appreciated. And that overlap is not on you... I believe that to be a dev tweak variance between v0.2 and v0.3... I'm so glad if this is sorted as I thought I was going insane knowing the code was wrong but no one would confirm the issue when I brought it up in Saturday's post. Good to know I'm not going to need a straight jacket anytime in the near future.

• Haha
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes