Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, if any of you folks get impatient and want to load your saves made previously with SanchoMod installed inside v0.4 unmodded then see the OP's "SaveFixer". That'll get you done. Just DO NOT FORGET to remove the file if/when you install the pending mod update....things will bork otherwise. I'll make it "dummy-proof" at a later date. Too busy right now to stop for that.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Porting update status:

Okay, I have the latest core completely ported over (the mod core code) and it's running. Next is to port the dev's scripts and start updating the ChoiceGuide, SanchoGallery, etc.

I have to take a small break to process payroll for my employees (it's Friday after all) so y'all be thinking about any other cheats you may want although I reckon I have the base covered already. I have the code ported over for the new Sancho character renaming function but I'd rather hold off on that as it add time to the update and can always be added later if desired.

1660928278400.png

Slvh

Nov 19, 2018
Porting update status:

Okay, I have the latest core completely ported over (the mod core code) and it's running. Next is to port the dev's scripts and start updating the ChoiceGuide, SanchoGallery, etc.

I have to take a small break to process payroll for my employees (it's Friday after all) so y'all be thinking about any other cheats you may want although I reckon I have the base covered already. I have the code ported over for the new Sancho character renaming function but I'd rather hold off on that as it add time to the update and can always be added later if desired.

View attachment 1993174
Take your time, I'm sure we can all wait a bit longer for a quality mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Porting update status:

Scripts are all ported over so the ChoiceGuide is solid and functional through v03. I went down the rabbit hole of updating the free roam events to the latest dynamic FR (as can be found in my recent AOA, UoP, ReturnToSussex, etc mod updates). I'm going to go through it all from scratch to insure the new code the dev is using is compatible then I'll knock out the v04 ChoiceGuide and SanchoGallery. Once that's stable I likely release it as folks are poking at me to start the new DanielsK VN... I can't shake that dev's VNs :ROFLMAO:, NBTP almost drove me crazy but it is what it is.

BTW, the mod already takes into account the new surname so you can start fresh or change it in a previously loaded save via SanchoOptions:

From scratch:
1660944541316.png

From SanchoOptions (obviously can be changed anytime you wish). The surname is reflected in all stat screens as you would expect.:
1660944927987.png 1660944974546.png 1660944838465.png

Slvh

Nov 19, 2018
Porting update status:

Scripts are all ported over so the ChoiceGuide is solid and functional through v03. I went down the rabbit hole of updating the free roam events to the latest dynamic FR (as can be found in my recent AOA, UoP, ReturnToSussex, etc mod updates). I'm going to go through it all from scratch to insure the new code the dev is using is compatible then I'll knock out the v04 ChoiceGuide and SanchoGallery. Once that's stable I likely release it as folks are poking at me to start the new DanielsK VN... I can't shake that dev's VNs :ROFLMAO:, NBTP almost drove me crazy but it is what it is.

BTW, the mod already takes into account the new surname so you can start fresh or change it in a previously loaded save via SanchoOptions:

From scratch:
View attachment 1993589

From SanchoOptions (obviously can be changed anytime you wish). The surname is reflected in all stat screens as you would expect.:
View attachment 1993607 View attachment 1993610 View attachment 1993604
My respects to you for the VN xD, no rest for the wicked as they say.

On a sidenote, I've thought this several times, but damn is your mod interface so pleasing to look at. Thanks for spending your time updating these mods for us.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
My respects to you for the VN xD, no rest for the wicked as they say.

On a sidenote, I've thought this several times, but damn is your mod interface so pleasing to look at. Thanks for spending your time updating these mods for us.
I appreciate the props bud, sincerely. Remember: I make these mods for myself and I have very high expectations... this is why the SanchoMod is now so heavy in feature sets with a massive drawback.... it takes more time to update due to all the code hooks that have to be manually set. It's painstaking but I personally require the flexibility when I play a VN so hopefully that also translates to others that use the few I offer publicly. It's just my way of giving back to folks that want/need additional features and are sick of "choose the green choice 'cause I say it's better" BS. We're better than that... give the player all the data so they can make their own decisions. That's the thought process anyway. Enough of me yammering, gotta get back to it (and it's about time for a Crown & Coke so I think I'll do that as well).

Regards.

_Daxx_

Jan 11, 2021
It's just my way of giving back to folks that want/need additional features and are sick of "choose the green choice 'cause I say it's better" BS. We're better than that... give the player all the data so they can make their own decisions.
This is why I will always pick your mods over any other when given the option. Quality craftsmanship, reliable & they give us the necessary information so that we as players can make informed decisions for what we want going forward.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Porting update status:

SanchoGallery is populated and done. There's currently ten scenes plus my normal silly one:
1660956413511.png

The ChoiceGuide is populated and I'm now fine-tuning the dynamic guide code. FYI, there's three event choices that have no known consequence (they either never will or they haven't been introduced yet). On known path/scene splits I always try to throw a notification for the player to save but in these instances it may or may not be required. Therefore I elected to simply let the player know via SanchoNote inside the choice that it's currently an unknown outcome. I hope that will make sense for folks. An example:
1660956246621.png

Time for another drink and to get back to it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I couldn't help myself: Flink Mansion free roam rewritten from scratch... new players and those that replay are in for a treat. This is as dynamic as the MiniMenu gets and 100% on par with my recent AOA and UoP mods. It always knows where you are and what you need to do... the info is updated dynamically and progressively. It fucking as AI as I can make the mod under this RenPy platform currently.

Yes, I'm still tightening up the rest of it as I go. I'm into the fine details now such as hiding and re-instantiating the MiniStat for dramatic effect during some of the dev's cut scenes/effects. I want this release as professional and tight as possible as you've come to expect from the mod. I just can't slack it just so I can work on the next projects in line... it's all or nothing as usual.

I've added all the latest features that are applicable to this title such as:
  • Hotkey dialogue box adjustments - Alt+Arrow keys adjust the dialogue box opacity and dialogue font size. This is exactly the same effect you've used inside the SanchoOptions screen but allows you to perform the same thing via the keyboard without having to access the options menu.
  • Menu Choice fade in / fade out
  • The code for soon to be implemented: Rename (character) - functional across the board meaning the character name is reflected in: all other character's dialogue referencing her, her stats, her cheat buttons, fucking all of it. Based on the soon-to-be-infamouse "Tee-Hee" button found in my UoP mod but now it's on steroids. Thread post of the feature with examples can be found here.
It's ~2200 hours here and I'm going to grab a bite to eat since it's late but I'll keep tuning this bitch up for y'all. Thanks for hanging in there and being patient... this is one of those titles I just can't rush. Regards.

Last edited:

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I couldn't help myself: Flink Mansion free roam rewritten from scratch... new players and those that replay are in for a treat. This is as dynamic as the MiniMenu gets and 100% on par with my recent AOA and UoP mods. It always knows where you are and what you need to do... the info is updated dynamically and progressively. It fucking as AI as I can make the mod under this RenPy platform currently.

Yes, I'm still tightening up the rest of it as I go. I'm into the fine details now such as hiding and re-instantiating the MiniStat for dramatic effect during some of the dev's cut scenes/effects. I want this release as professional and tight as possible as you've come to expect from the mod. I just can't slack it just so I can work on the next projects in line... it's all or nothing as usual.

It's ~2200 hours here and I'm going to grab a bite to eat since it's late but I'll keep tuning this bitch up for y'all. Thanks for hanging in there and being patient... this is one of those titles I just can't rush. Regards.
Hey Sancho, do you know, if I used the LightmanP walkthrough in 3.0, and migrate to your mod for 4.0 will everything work properly?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho, do you know, if I used the LightmanP walkthrough in 3.0, and migrate to your mod for 4.0 will everything work properly?
For the saves you made that were NOT on a menu choice screen.... maybe. Most modders code the menu choice scripts physically so the saves always bork regardless of what the player does later in another modded or even in an unmodded version. If in doubt make a few saves before or after a choice is made so you have something to work with that's pure.

You might think "WTF do I have a SaveFixer for then?"... well it's because SanchoMod uses Python code that ends up embedded into the save files so I made that file to negate them... such as mouse tracking (used for HoverHelp), stat screen updates, etc. It's a different beast to deal with but I can ultimately insure any saves made with SanchoMod can be played later in an unmodded game. I'm 99.9% confident no one on the planet does this but me. I'm not tooting my own horn, just letting you know that I've got your back, we'll figure out any save issues you may have to the best of our ability.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Phase_01

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm thinking I might need to pre-code the ability for the player to change their SpiritAnimal and maybe even MicaelaGift in the cheat screen... debating it as I progress forward. Thoughts if these seem like they'd be important at some point?
1660965816142.png

_Daxx_

Jan 11, 2021
I'm thinking I might need to pre-code the ability for the player to change their SpiritAnimal and maybe even MicaelaGift in the cheat screen... debating it as I progress forward. Thoughts if these seem like they'd be important at some point?
I'm pretty sure the gift will be, though I'm also sure the tickets will give a better outcome. The Spirit Animal I'm really not sure, but in my game I am keeping a save at the point where you pick which one because it feels like it might be important later. That said it could just be a minor thing that changes dialog in the future.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes