Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Slvh

Nov 19, 2018
I'm thinking I might need to pre-code the ability for the player to change their SpiritAnimal and maybe even MicaelaGift in the cheat screen... debating it as I progress forward. Thoughts if these seem like they'd be important at some point?
View attachment 1994044
I can't be certain, but I feel like the Spirit Animal choice will not affect the storyline itself, and at most like daxx said, it'll just give you some dialogue changes (unless the donkey ends up saving your life in the future, plot twist of the century). If you'd like to though, just to cover all the bases, then by all means add that option. On the off chance that it's something important, everyone would highly appreciate it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I like where y'all are going with it.... basically get my head back into the game and add that shit later if needed. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Agreed. Much obliged.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm going to add a few extra SanchoNotifications to keep you intact and know what's up... like this new one (minor spoiler) where there's really no need to save scum since there's a cheat if you wanted but the info is there for you to make whatever decision you wish at the time (or maybe you just like playing slots):
1660967669812.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This is how I imagine development hell comes to be :p
Indeed sir.

But, rest assured every minute I smash code into the script the end user benefits... I'm like the chef that the dev brings a fine cut of ribeye to. It's my job to marinade and season it to taste.... then rapidly hit it via a high-heat grill on both sides to get that perfect sear and seal in all the prime juices and cooked to a perfect custom order.

Something like that :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Porting update status:

Well, it post midnight in my neck of the woods so I probably have ~2hrs left in me or so to work. Given I'm going through everything with a fine-tooth comb I would expect a proper SanchoMod release in ~12hrs from now (early afternoon). This is actually perfect since the "non-beta" should release and we can insure everything is as tight as the dev can make it on their end. If I get some extra kick while sippin' this Crown past 0200 hours I'll continue and push out a "v0.4 VN Demon Lord Tier" release but I expect the dev team to make some changes in the last hours before "God Tier" is released tbh.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damn, after me praising the dev so much I get to the new phone chat code..... it's garbage, novice at best. Whoever helped him figure out a gameplan for it failed miserably. But I have to work with it... damnit. I might give caribdis some proper chat code that he can grow in to.

The way it's written I can't make the reply msgs dynamic unless I pop and replace the entire msg per msg... and that's basically rewriting it each time. Fuck that. The guide will be "always on" in the phone chat for now. I'll chew on it in the morning after some rest, maybe I'll think of something clever to sort it out. I reckon I need to private msg the dev and help him with this one or it'll get out of hand as updates progress.

No release tonight y'all, this one set me back and it's now 0300 hours my time which means it's about time for some rest. I'll report back around sunrise after some shuteye and brewing a pot of coffee... hang in there, I'll make it all worth the wait.

Regards.

Vitez

Dec 9, 2017
Has any dev ever heeded your advice? Tried to hire you? I just realized that anything related to coding devs do in their game is either simple or pain in the ass (especially if you can miss content if you don't check your phone)...

Jul 12, 2020
I can't be certain, but I feel like the Spirit Animal choice will not affect the storyline itself, and at most like daxx said, it'll just give you some dialogue changes (unless the donkey ends up saving your life in the future, plot twist of the century). If you'd like to though, just to cover all the bases, then by all means add that option. On the off chance that it's something important, everyone would highly appreciate it.
Marked in bold : isn't that THE function for a Spirit Animal / guardian angel to do. provide aid when most needed.
But still then could only be as much as some different animation or some textlines

Slvh

Nov 19, 2018
Marked in bold : isn't that THE function for a Spirit Animal / guardian angel to do. provide aid when most needed.
But still then could only be as much as some different animation or some textlines
Ah yeah, of course (I was lost trying to find the bold text). What I meant was, saving the MC's life in specific, when it's meant to be with Luna.

Slvh

Nov 19, 2018
I might give caribdis some proper chat code that he can grow in to.
Hope that happens and Carib takes your help, considering it's meant to be something that'll make both of your lives a whole lot easier.

No release tonight y'all, this one set me back and it's now 0300 hours my time which means it's about time for some rest. I'll report back around sunrise after some shuteye and brewing a pot of coffee... hang in there, I'll make it all worth the wait.
Again Sancho, no rush. Take your time, rest up, go get yourself some coffee after you wake up. Just don't rush it, as it might make you overlook something you otherwise wouldn't.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. After ~5hrs of rest I have my first cup of Joe in hand and going to get back to it.

I was a bit too tired and inebriated in my final post last night and let my frustrations out publicly without much restraint... my apologies. And yes, devs reach out to me much more often than you think. Many VNs I mod on I have private chat periodically with the devs. It's used as a sharing of thoughts and to point out issues both directions. I'd say for the majority of titles there's a mutual respect both ways and we communicate when necessary...most of them anyway.

One thing I will credit the phone chat code for... it's written in Python and not forced native RenPy. So the dev is trying to expand their abilities which should be respected as many are content with just basic knowledge that lets them just get by. I have to put myself in that position mentally as I was there as a younger fella myself before... many moons ago (way before there was such a thing as networking much less dialup to bulletinboard services... when sever rooms were kept cold as an A/C could keep them and running off of magnetic tape storage). :ROFLMAO:

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes