hornywolf

Sep 7, 2020
Tbf the horror part was pretty good for what it was so it's understandable if someone skips it.
I never said it was bad either it was good. way too good for a 3am alone at night chilling and playing session if I had friends in a call and people to listen to m scream sure, But playin while I'm dead scared pissing myself fuck no the jumpscare was awful too at taking picture sequnce had me awake until 2 pm.

Blenyz B7

Mar 8, 2022
A question for those who play the updates, how is it done? I mean, if they add new content, they just start from the beginning or use another method.

This question may seem very idiotic, but I am an idiot and the question complements me.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
A question for those who play the updates, how is it done? I mean, if they add new content, they just start from the beginning or use another method.

This question may seem very idiotic, but I am an idiot and the question complements me.
Usually those who play it make a save right at the end of the update (before the "thank you for playing" screen). Saves are stored in two folders: the save folder in Eternum's game folder, and the other is somewhere in the Appdata folder. Because the latter exists, it's safe for people to simply delete the game when they're done if they need the space, since the saves will still be accessible once a new update comes along.

When an update gets uploaded (either a leak for the Demon Lord tier or any of the other patreon tiers or the Public Release), players are basically redownloading the game with the latest update already patched in. As of now there are no "Patch Only" uploads for the game where the player can download the patch and then apply it to their copy of a previous version of the game (which saves bandwidth). And no, I don't know why that is, maybe Cari just finds the process tedious on his end, which is why you and your bandwidth will just have to bear with it.

Once you DL the game with the latest version, you can load from the save prior to the "thank you for playing" screen and the game just continues from there (unless you've played the game with a modded save, in which case you're gonna have problems unless you apply the latest version of the mod you were using, one that's compatible with the latest update).

Sidenote though: if you're playing a leaked Demon Lord beta version, then expect occassional crashes when you try to load saves and typos in the game's narrative and dialogue. If you want a more polished experience, it's recommended that you wait for the Public Release of the latest update as that's usually the version where the bugs are ironed out and the typos have been proofread.

Hope that covers everything.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Because the latter exists, it's safe for people to simply delete the game when they're done if they need the space, since the saves will still be accessible once a new update comes along.
Or, you can be an idiot like me, and have nearly a TB space filled with just Ren'py games, versions of game, mods for said games, save-data saved in folders with game-data removed, wallpaper graphics for games, etc.

Blenyz B7

Mar 8, 2022
Usually those who play it make a save right at the end of the update (before the "thank you for playing" screen). Saves are stored in two folders: the save folder in Eternum's game folder, and the other is somewhere in the Appdata folder. Because the latter exists, it's safe for people to simply delete the game when they're done if they need the space, since the saves will still be accessible once a new update comes along.

When an update gets uploaded (either a leak for the Demon Lord tier or any of the other patreon tiers or the Public Release), players are basically redownloading the game with the latest update already patched in. As of now there are no "Patch Only" uploads for the game where the player can download the patch and then apply it to their copy of a previous version of the game (which saves bandwidth). And no, I don't know why that is, maybe Cari just finds the process tedious on his end, which is why you and your bandwidth will just have to bear with it.

Once you DL the game with the latest version, you can load from the save prior to the "thank you for playing" screen and the game just continues from there (unless you've played the game with a modded save, in which case you're gonna have problems unless you apply the latest version of the mod you were using, one that's compatible with the latest update).

Sidenote though: if you're playing a leaked Demon Lord beta version, then expect occassional crashes when you try to load saves and typos in the game's narrative and dialogue. If you want a more polished experience, it's recommended that you wait for the Public Release of the latest update as that's usually the version where the bugs are ironed out and the typos have been proofread.

Hope that covers everything.
deam thank you very much for explaining with so much patience, now I understand a little more, thank you very much

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Or, you can be an idiot like me, and have nearly a TB space filled with just Ren'py games, versions of game, mods for said games, save-data saved in folders with game-data removed, wallpaper graphics for games, etc.
Used to have half a TB of that...but then my hard drive died. :HideThePain:

...Then I tried to salvage the essentials (i.e. Eternum, OIAL) and make backup saves for them in case my SSD card died.

In the end though, it didn't die. It was my laptop that died instead.

:HideThePain:

Oct 22, 2023
ETERNUM - WALLPAPERS [PATREON] (PART 1)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PART 2

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Used to have half a TB of that...but then my hard drive died. :HideThePain:

...Then I tried to salvage the essentials (i.e. Eternum, OIAL) and make backup saves for them in case my SSD card died.

In the end though, it didn't die. It was my laptop that died instead.

:HideThePain:
I just regularly forget to copy over my screenshots into the folder of the new version, so I pretty much lose them with every update. :FacePalm:

Ummm hard to say... its gotta be Dalia hands down!:LOL:
Of course he was tricking you, since we already know that it is Nancy. :sneaky:

Did he make a whole "Luna with Bird" series? :HideThePain::love:

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023
ETERNUM - WALLPAPERS [PATREON] (PART 2)

PART 1

Last edited:

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017

My strategy has been to load from the beginning of the previous update, replay it and then continue playing the new update. That is, when 0.7 is released I will load the war scene that marked the beginning of 0.6 and play through both 0.6 and 0.7. It's a good way to mentally get back into the game after a long break, and ensures that you've played everything at least twice which helps you remember things.

Besides when playing the new update I tend to be too excited and rush things a bit too much, not really savoring the release, so it's good to go back and do a slow playthrough later on.

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes