Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
BG3 has the benefit of being funded by DOS2 sales and Early Access money tho (not to mention the connections they have to a larger voice acting talent pool thanks to Crit Role and those damnable Magical Codgers who live in a Coast). Compare that to Cari who is solely funded by patrons who have the freedom to pull out their pledges if they absolutely do not like the direction of development.

Not to mention the limited talent pool he can draw voices from since not every indie VA may like the idea of lending their talent to an AVN. AI might help, but again, training AI to sound like the voice you have in your head takes time best put to developing other shit. And we all know Cari likes to be productive with his time (the damn workaholic).
I'm aware of that. The idea already includes the assumption that a decent AI voice-over will be possible in the future for a reasonable price (and without much training). If that assumption isn't full filled, voice-over obviously won't be able to be included in VNs.

RIGHT NOW it is out of the question, yes. That was never disputed.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I don't know why you are so agressive, and I'm not enforcing anything. I am just saying if the Author want to do this, he can. Personally, I like it the way it is.
I know it can and would probably take longer, but it's probably up to his patreons if they want this. At least I hope the Author properly informs them about further potential delays.

And I am not saying that as people who get this for free, we don't deserve to comment. Only chumps say that.

But at the end of the day, this is not our project. We are free to express our wishes, but the Author has the final say. It is up to him/her on who he decides to listen to.
It may seem I was agressive, but not my goal, as I said I just wanted to be blunt. Because it's needed to. The reason is that is getting pretty tiresome that, when a game of success appears, all the time someone tries to enforce what they would like to be in game, without taking into account the effort and work it would take, specially when they just want a product for free.

Again, nothing against you having ideas, but think for a moment how long it would take to add voice for hours of gameplay already. This isn't a first release, it's nearing it's 7th release already. Nothing personal to you, but or you don't care (doesn't seem that imo, it seemed a sincere request) or you are innocent, because you have no clue how much work it would take to add voice to every dialogue already. And this is without taking into account the testing, and Caribdis fans know he likes to release the update in the most stable way possible.

It really gives a "meh" feel, when a dev finds a formula that works, yet people try all the time to change it according to their tastes and kinks like if the work and effort was theirs.

With AI you could probably alleviate some of the costs, but then there's the matter of having to train that shit until you reach a voice that you are satisfied with. And that takes up a considerable amount of time best used in making other content. Not to mention the end result might not even be favorable to some patrons (as explained in the next paragraph I've written below).
I bet with you that is 99,9% of the reason. And it's completly understandable. If it was a new project? Ok fine, go for it. But it's an extreme headache to go to code already written for months and trying to assure anything wasn't missed.

Not to mention that the man itself already said he needed to slowdown to avoid burnout... I mean...

Last edited:

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Personally I feel like voices in these can only work (for the people that want and would enable them at least) if it was an actual human voice, that's an actual "professional" adult voice actor. Ones that you would find on many high quality 3D adult animations (Nagoonimation, Bulging Senpai, HydraFXX, Lazy Procrastinator, etc)

Like with those animations though, I feel like the safe approach would be only having either voices or moans during lewd scenes, which can be commissioned for cheaper and be reused (at a low extent) in various scenes.

Of course there are some adult voice actors that are able to do good voice acting (at least in my opinion) outside of just lewd sounds, like ones in Derpixon's or Manyakis' shorts, that can be used for dialogue, but this route would be MUCH more expensive of course.

This removes the need for time put into AI training, as well as has authentic voices.
And of course as others have said, they can be turned off if people don't want them.

I do wonder if Caribdis can afford the latter option though if that was ever something he wanted to do, Freshwoman can do it while having only 2k more patrons but cheaper midrange cost, so based on surface level assumption I feel like he could.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I do wonder if Caribdis can afford the latter option though if that was ever something he wanted to do, Freshwoman can do it while having only 2k more patrons but cheaper midrange cost, so based on surface level assumption I feel like he could.
Screenshot_20240307_012434_Discord.jpg

(Implying anyone that he can afford other than an overglorified exposition dump (i.e. Isaac from Andromeda) sounds like shit/not up to the task :HideThePain:)

Last edited:

MikeSamson

Jul 16, 2020
It may seem I was agressive, but not my goal, as I said I just wanted to be blunt. Because it's needed to. The reason is that is getting pretty tiresome that, when a game of success appears, all the time someone tries to enforce what they would like to be in game, without taking into account the effort and work it would take, specially when they just want a product for free.

Again, nothing against you having ideas, but think for a moment how long it would take to add voice for hours of gameplay already. This isn't a first release, it's nearing it's 7th release already. Nothing personal to you, but or you don't care (doesn't seem that imo, it seemed a sincere request) or you are innocent, because you have no clue how much work it would take to add voice to every dialogue already. And this is without taking into account the testing, and Caribdis fans know he likes to release the update in the most stable way possible.

It really gives a "meh" feel, when a dev finds a formula that works, yet people try all the time to change it according to their tastes and kinks like if the work and effort was theirs.

I bet with you that is 99,9% of the reason. And it's completly understandable. If it was a new project? Ok fine, go for it. But it's an extreme headache to go to code already written for months and trying to assure anything wasn't missed.

Not to mention that the man itself already said he needed to slowdown to avoid burnout... I mean...
Yeah, I can understand how you feel. People as a mass are stupid. That is a well known fact. And you're right. I didn't consider having to personalize the voice for each character. Btw, was this voice request a Caribdis original, or was it requested by a fan?

jamouyi

Sep 30, 2023
this game is phuucking awesome and hilarious, best sex scene is the last one with alex. i wonder what the mc will to do william when mc knows what he can do in reality.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
New PC means no saves, which means new excuse to replay this gem.

Click "Start" (feels weird not hitting load ew) and..

Screenshot 2024-03-07 040509.png

Uh.. Has this always been there? I don't recall this message popping up at the start, though my memory isn't what it used to be. Either way

I like this. This pleases me.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Will there be a who's who ? Cause it has been so long that I don't remember all of the gals !

Aizen Myo

Mar 23, 2022
Can't believe one of the things I'm excited for in 0.7 is the new music Mr Carb has found
Oh man, definitely... Run boy run, Silverware, If I had a tail, No one knows but me, One in a million, Rock that joint, El río fluye, Stay up all night, I wanna get high on you, When I get there, City... etc
Each update brings a couple of new bangers, I'm hyped for 0.7

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes