cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
does anyone remembers if the phone call from beginning was resolved (reached its conclusion, got answers) and if yes, where/when?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
That's a lot of stuff to go through but I'll try to answer a few.

-Orion's death has terrible timing, but it is a death brought about by hubris. Cari has a thing for Greek myths and hubris is pretty much one of the major downfalls of its heroes.
I've seen your theories on this, but considering the context and Orion's history, I disagree. If every player who ever showed off in an MMORPG was struck by Nemesis, humankind would be extinct.

If it wasn't for Idriel pushing the arrogance angle, I would never consider it. The problem is that in just her previous scene she believes that Orion is the "only one". So she puts all her effort into a single person, who has shown time and again that he is arrogant and now she is surprised that he has to deal with Nemesis?

Killing the thugs or beating them into a comma would be a far safer action for his health. That would also be hubris, to be blessed just to destroy and dominate without inhibitions.

I can't agree with that view.

-Idriel is likely messing with Orion as her words are meant to goad or belittle him as he goes through whatever he'll likely be going through in the next update, reminding him that he failed before he decides to defy the odds when he truly understands that there are a lot of people depending on him. Remember that Idriel's entire spiel is essentially "defying the odds" (hence the 99 heads, still choose tails quote). And what better way to showcase that by literally refusing to give in just yet?
It really doesn't feel like it to me. Why would she goad him with her own predicament? It's not like Orion has to care, or prioritize whatever Idriel wants out of him. Orion may care about himself, or his friends. That's how you hurt him for sure. For all intents and purposes, Idriel is the ghost that haunts his nightmares and has neutral affinity due to the sympathy he feels for her predicament.

If it's a jest, then I will remind myself to mess with her when Orion will be in a position to free her soul. What's a bit of eternal damnation compared to a silly joke ^_^

I think the desperation angle is more likely. She really doesn't know that Orion is capable of surviving this ordeal, so she basically has nothing to lose and voiced her frustrations

-Orion isn't an immortal...yet. It could be that that's the path laid down to him and being "killed" and overcoming the journey of clawing back to the living is what is required for him to become one.
I've been thinking about this. I don't want to go with the Immortal angle for Orion. Immortals seem too well defined for my taste and since Calypso has some history with them, I find it odd for Orion to move under her radar.

Viewing this from a "cosmological" angle, it feels a bit odd that only Earth/Mortal Plane is the entry point to Eternum. You have this whole infinity with a single entry point? I mean, sure, this is Fermi Paradox territory, but it stands to reason, especially considering that Calypso has trouble returning to her homeland. Just like the exit portals can't return NPCs to Earth, Calypso's portals can't return her to her plane for the same reason.

My working theory is that Orion is not native to Earth. He isn't human. Somehow, a non native visited Earth for some reason, and managed to have a child.
The game has given us another possibility, the Eldari. I won't outright say that Orion is Eldari, but I'm going with something of that sort.

-Non-immortals CAN access servers. It's just that normies don't remember most of the details and consider it as dreams. By the way they're defined, immortals are basically Planeswalkers, except they use projection to shift themselves to Eternum at will and back if needed. Compare that to someone like Caly, who's essentially a TRUE Planeswalker since she can jump anywhere while taking her body with her. Also, I suppose the Immortal part comes from the fact that their projections can die but they can still project themselves back to Eternum if needed, hence making it look like they can't be killed.
I will reserve judgement on Calypso's nature for now because I think that there is a very specific reason she can't access her homeland. If she is an NPC, then calling her a true planeswalker, in comparison to immortals (and Eternum players) doesn't feel correct. She certainly has a useful ability, but being NPC means that she is just a soul.

Also that box she was imprisoned inside looks a lot like the artifact used to manipulate NPCs, which increases the chance that she is infact an NPC. Add to that William Bardot being adamant that Orion uses Calypso wrong and the deck is kinda stacked.

-"How does Ulysses facilitate connections between servers without an exit portal like Ogygia?" It's possible that the pathways amongst servers are already there. Remember that Nova had to basically shift Orion and Alex's path from their chosen server to Ogygia while they're still moving between servers, so it could be like simply redirecting the flow of a current that's already there. The only thing that the exit portal does is allow the projection to return its consciousness to the body unmolested.

-"How can NPCs like Thanatos and the Praetorians can jump between servers without an exit portal?" With the Praetorians it's likely Idriel. If it's revealed that she is Anima, then even better given that it's Anima's bloodline that basically has the knowledge on how to open portals and jump to worlds. With Thanatos, my current theory is that Hyas has something to do with it, as the Weapons of Atlas seem to have their own kind of teleportation. With Dione, you can teleport to where the bullet lands. With Caly, she's basically a walking portal opener. Hyas was said to be able to cut anything, so maybe it can cut the boundaries between servers and allow the wielder to walk straight into the closest one?

*This post was brought to you by the Church of Nova.
JOIN US...OR WE'RE GONNA GET YA.
Interesting theories. I may revisit this one I delve a bit deeper into these questions.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Plenty good theories on how the story will unfold now after that cliffhanger. However, I have a few thoughts on that as well..

With all the talk from Bardot of how people previously thought Eternum was the afterlife, maybe MC actually dies, wakes up as an NPC in Eternum but due to all the bleeding case he is experiencing, eventually learns to come back "from the dead" to the real world. I mean his magic powers translating into the real world would be the most obvious way how he survives that gunshot wound but somehow I get the feeling from the last shot of MC how he lays there in the alley all alone that he actually dies.

What do you think?
I saw a theory during the last update with the murder mystery that the MC might fail his mission and have to go back and make better decisions like saving everybody in the murder house by pointing out the killer immediately. I'm not confident that's where this is going since there hasn't been a lot of situations where the MC could go back and make a better choice (as for as I remember) but it would be interesting. It'd be pretty good for development too since Caribdis would just have to add a few extra scenes/images between all the work he's already done from the previous updates.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I've seen your theories on this, but considering the context and Orion's history, I disagree. If every player who ever showed off in an MMORPG was struck by Nemesis, humankind would be extinct.

If it wasn't for Idriel pushing the arrogance angle, I would never consider it. The problem is that in just her previous scene she believes that Orion is the "only one". So she puts all her effort into a single person, who has shown time and again that he is arrogant and now she is surprised that he has to deal with Nemesis?

Killing the thugs or beating them into a comma would be a far safer action for his health. That would also be hubris, to be blessed just to destroy and dominate without inhibitions.

I can't agree with that view.

It really doesn't feel like it to me. Why would she goad him with her own predicament? It's not like Orion has to care, or prioritize whatever Idriel wants out of him. Orion may care about himself, or his friends. That's how you hurt him for sure. For all intents and purposes, Idriel is the ghost that haunts his nightmares and has neutral affinity due to the sympathy he feels for her predicament.

If it's a jest, then I will remind myself to mess with her when Orion will be in a position to free her soul. What's a bit of eternal damnation compared to a silly joke ^_^

I think the desperation angle is more likely. She really doesn't know that Orion is capable of surviving this ordeal, so she basically has nothing to lose and voiced her frustrations

I've been thinking about this. I don't want to go with the Immortal angle for Orion. Immortals seem too well defined for my taste and since Calypso has some history with them, I find it odd for Orion to move under her radar.

Viewing this from a "cosmological" angle, it feels a bit odd that only Earth/Mortal Plane is the entry point to Eternum. You have this whole infinity with a single entry point? I mean, sure, this is Fermi Paradox territory, but it stands to reason, especially considering that Calypso has trouble returning to her homeland. Just like the exit portals can't return NPCs to Earth, Calypso's portals can't return her to her plane for the same reason.

My working theory is that Orion is not native to Earth. He isn't human. Somehow, a non native visited Earth for some reason, and managed to have a child.
The game has given us another possibility, the Eldari. I won't outright say that Orion is Eldari, but I'm going with something of that sort.

I will reserve judgement on Calypso's nature for now because I think that there is a very specific reason she can't access her homeland. If she is an NPC, then calling her a true planeswalker, in comparison to immortals (and Eternum players) doesn't feel correct. She certainly has a useful ability, but being NPC means that she is just a soul.

Also that box she was imprisoned inside looks a lot like the artifact used to manipulate NPCs, which increases the chance that she is infact an NPC. Add to that William Bardot being adamant that Orion uses Calypso wrong and the deck is kinda stacked.

Interesting theories. I may revisit this one I delve a bit deeper into these questions.
-Re: Orion being Immortal - I'm saying the Eldari and Immortals are possibly one and the same (and the fact that the Eldari being passed on to myth may have made Caly unaware of such fact...that, or her wonky memory due to the box is at play). Or the Eldari is a type of immortal who obtained the Gems of Doom but eventually relinquished it for some reason. Could also be that the gems aren't infinite and that they will eventually break or lose power, so they have to be reforged. Would work well with the cycle angle.

-Re: Exit Portals - I was under the impression that Exit Portals only work for players because it's an anchor point between Eternum's worlds and our world and you have to have a body to return to for it to work. Of course an NPC wouldn't be able to use it because they won't have a body to return to since their connection is likely severed. That, or their bodies are already rotting six feet under.

-Re: Earth and Eternum - Earth isn't the only entry point, it's just one of many. We can't completely rely on William's information because there's stuff that he might not be aware of (like Idriel or Caly's heritage possibly being legit and thus making the tale of Anima possibly being legit). For one, his infodump doesn't take into account the existence of demons like Astaroth (the big bad from Cari's past game, which exists in the same universe as this one), and how they're able to be summoned into our world through mystical means. And it's pretty obvious that Astaroth isn't an NPC by any means, which could only mean that he is a true native of one of the worlds of Eternum (just like Caly possibly is).

-Re: Caly - It's likely she's telling the truth about her powers being diminished due to being trapped in the box. It could be that her realm is really that far and it would take considerable magic power in order for her to get there.

However, my current theory is that her homeland is dead, and that her people are trapped in Eternum. So if she does end up finding her way home, all she might end up seeing are ruins and dust.

That, or Acheron is located in her home realm, so she needs the power of the ten gems as well in order to give her the necessary juice to travel there.

As for her potentially being an NPC...it's possible. But remember that the Praetorians mentioned that she wasn't ready yet, so it's possible that whatever process was being done to her is disrupted, and her being an elf is her true form (although her memories are quite a bit sus).

There's also the fact that demons like Astaroth canonically exist in the setting, so if they can exist then why can't Elves?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020
I think this update is kinda shorter than usual, less mini games like the one at collector or Hogwart. But yes it packed better sex scenes. The nova and penny scene is hot. Kinda sad with luna as poster girl, her part kinda outshine by others. Wish to have more luna scenes with her in the dress at cafe.
Indeed it felt a bit shorter (or perhaps we were just left wanting for more?...). I have to say, for me there are 2 reasons this game is great. The first is the story with its characters and humor of course, but the mini games is what actually makes it a game instead of just a VN.

I think there will be plenty of Luna, she's still getting "built up" while the other characters are already there.

Reactions: orion456

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
As Bardot described it, Immortals directly accessed the realms of Eternum. The astral projections are a workaround The Founder devised to allow normies access. Immortals like him, and eventually(presumably) Orion, as well as Anima and those she passed her ability on to don't need astral projections. We've seen portals to Eternum open at random near Orion, which I take to be early steps toward unlocking this ability for him.
As I said, normies can access Eternum through dreams/daydreaming/hallucinogenic means. Unless you're implying that the creator of Alien was secretly an immortal. Or just about every single creative in the planet since the revelation absolutely confirms that the assets from different media that we have been seeing in Eternum (i.e. the Destiny 2 Sunshot being used by a Praetorian in Ion, Annie's Ion Swords being the ones used in Nier: Automata) ARE the original concepts, and not the other way around.

The only thing the nerve implant-astral projection system does is it allows a more stable means for a normie to stay and remember their time in Eternum without the danger of losing the connection by waking up on their own or they are woken up by others. Which is what the Founder needs if he's going to deceive people into finding the Gems for him across the various worlds of Eternum.

See Immortals' abilities above. The exit portals are constructs created to allow user access to specific realms of Eternum. They are essentially a cordoned off section of Eternum designated for player use. This 'cordoned off' property maybe related to what is keeping Calypso from opening a portal home. Since The Founder created the portals, he should in theory have the ability to create an alternative means of getting around for his enforcers.
Quoting what I said:

Re: Exit Portals - I was under the impression that Exit Portals only work for players because it's an anchor point between Eternum's worlds and our world and you have to have a body to return to for it to work. Of course an NPC wouldn't be able to use it because they won't have a body to return to since their connection is likely severed. That, or their bodies are already rotting six feet under.

RohanPrince

Feb 26, 2018
@Cardibis is the best Adult Game Dev for me. The comedy, story and art all are top notch.

But somehow I feel Penelope went from one of my favourites to my least favourite because the interactions seem too pushy/fake with her. The scene cut to after naked MC ran away from the studio to a few days/next day was also a big letdown. We did have a phone chat, but something felt missing. Same with after the Nova scene. Till now Alex had a good followup after doing it and I hoped to see some similar meaningful chat the following day or something. But still, nothing can be perfect for everyone, many people probably might dislike my idea.

Is it only me or was the relationship with Alex seemed the most nicely developed relationship?(Loved that development pace and banter between them)

Mar 26, 2020
@Cardibis is the best Adult Game Dev for me. The comedy, story and art all are top notch.

But somehow I feel Penelope went from one of my favourites to my least favourite because the interactions seem too pushy/fake with her. The scene cut to after naked MC ran away from the studio to a few days/next day was also a big letdown. We did have a phone chat, but something felt missing. Same with after the Nova scene. Till now Alex had a good followup after doing it and I hoped to see some similar meaningful chat the following day or something. But still, nothing can be perfect for everyone, many people probably might dislike my idea.

Is it only me or was the relationship with Alex seemed the most nicely developed relationship?(Loved that development pace and banter between them)
I understand where you're coming from, I think this is a symptom of having too many characters, to the point where you can't give all of them enough of a spotlight to make it more natural. If you do give them enough spotlight, the game instead becomes too long and boring. Check "My New Family" for instance. That game ended up with so many characters, each character kind of got the spotlight but that made the game way too long and it still felt unnatural, in my opinion :).

I think this game suffers a bit from the same, but not enough to make it a significant downside.

Reactions: deathgod72

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
I'd say whatever happens in the real world, MC will be logged into eternum automatically at the beginning of ep.9, like he was several times during sleep.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
So do we think Idriel is that elf from the story Calypso told last update? I originally assumed the story was just to show the parallels between our story and the past but maybe there's some time stuff going on here or it's actually a prophecy? Idriel doesn't have any elf ears though so maybe that's not where this is going

Thoughts on update:

I personally think this is the weakest update for Eternum but that's not to say it's bad or anything like that. It just feels like we didn't really accomplish much apart from recruiting some monster allies which felt a little random to me but maybe I missed some dialogue that explained it a little better. The Penny event was cool but it just felt like it only existed for the MC to have sex with her on a Lamborghini (nothing wrong with that though). I was also a little bummed that we didn't get to go on the Pirate adventure. The update felt pretty short too considering this is the longest it's ever taken Caribdis to release an update

Still gonna keep giving Caribdis my money every month though. Hoping for a quick update!

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes