HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I loved this update. Facing and embracing our inner most dark parts, that which we are most afraid of in ourselves (Vampires and Werewolves); seeing that when we meet them and treat them without hostility, they are friendly and intelligent. I like how he follows the narrative of peacemaking (rather than big boss fights for example). The journey to the heart (of Eternum/Reality/Union) isn't a battle against an actual big angry monster, it's facing our demons and welcoming them back. Then showing scared unconscious minds (the hunter) that those demons aren't half bad.

The arrogance might have been a little overdone or out of character, but I'm sure he has a plan with it next update. He's just trying to tell a story of when you unlock your true inner strength, guidance, and life path, you are susceptible to influences like arrogance, grandiosity, tunnel vision, etc. Because everything falls that much into place, you must stay connected to your compassion, awareness, healthy dosage of humbleness, etc.
He is godlike strong, he didn't need to break the guys nose. Junkies are sad, but they are humans with corrupted minds, in a bad position in life. Do they deserve love for their actions? Nope. Do they deserve love, compassion, healing, at the core of their being? Yes. All Orion needed to do was block his punch.

I believe this update is a rich and endearing portrayal of the path of expansion and healing of a broken (inner/outer) world.
maybe you didn't like it as much because there was less comedy in it.
it had more of an inner journey feel throughout the whole update.

confidence and arrogance, MC treaded a very razor thin line walking that path.
he wasn't wrong for standing up for himself and defend himself, sure. but he did underestimate them too much, and overestimate himself by contrast. and most importantly, he turned his back to them. just that shows overconfidence and/or arrogance.
and whether using violence to retaliate was the right call or not, we will never know.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
he wasn't wrong for standing up for himself and defend himself, sure. but he did underestimate them too much, and overestimate himself by contrast. and most importantly, he turned his back to them. just that shows overconfidence and/or arrogance.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:HideThePain:

Woketard

Apr 6, 2024
It's theory time! :cool:

About the Syndicate

First of all, lets hear Mr. Mos who is a member of Ulysses' board of directors.

3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Well... According to Mr. Mos, they are nothing but a small anarchist group. What if they are not? :unsure:

Contrary to popular opinion I think the Syndicate is some kind of a secret service like C.I.A. and K.G.B., it's neither a small anarchist group nor a guerrilla-type militia force. I don't think they are a very crowded organization, though. Probably a tiny team of a few hundred people. Are they working under someone's orders or are they independent? It is uncertain at this point. But I think one thing is certain that their main objective is gathering informations all around the Eternum for helping Orion.

Also they must know the true nature of Eternum and must be aware of The Founder's real plans. Otherwise why would they want to help Orion? This would be quite counterintuitive. But how did they know about these? Who told them? There're so many questions that need to be answered.

Another question. Are they NPCs or real players? I think they are NPCs, namely rogue NPCs like Thanatos. They are not controlled by Ulysses, and they are conscious of their own existence. This explains that little messenger girl in EP4. Because we already know people under 18 years old can not play Eternum.

2.jpg

Even if they are not an independent organization, they must have a leader. In order to do their job successfully, secret services need to work in coordination and this is only possible with a good leadership. I certainly think we met the leader in EP2. She told us she is just a member of the Syndicate, but I really didn't buy that. I know it's not often that the leaders of the secret services work in the field. Though, Eternum is not the real world. Besides we are talking about NPCs, not real players. They don't have to follow real-life rules.

There is an another mysterious woman in EP7, too. She wears the same outfit with the leader. Could they be the same person? I doesn't seem so. Because she doesn't wear that "Star of David" necklace, and doesn't have those green tattoos on her face. Also their facial structures look quite different. There should be some dissimilarities that distinguish the leader from ordinary members.

1.jpg

There is no doubt that the Syndicate is one of the game's greatest mysteries, and they're going to be super important.

Another reason to look forward to future episodes, eh? :p

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
another thing to add is that we've yet to know the use for that letter from the Syndicate. Looking in the script, the contents of the letter (the phrase Askion kataskion lix tetrax damnameneus aision) is an Ephesia Grammata, meaningless greek words or phrases with power to protect those who could speak them correctly, their power residing in their sound, so that they were ineffective if mispronounced. Since the walkthrough tells us to NOT read the letter at that time, my guess would be that the letter is some kind of incantation to summon a type of protective spell or entity, so it should be only used on the most extreme of circumstances.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
another thing to add is that we've yet to know the use for that letter from the Syndicate. Looking in the script, the contents of the letter (the phrase Askion kataskion lix tetrax damnameneus aision) is an Ephesia Grammata, meaningless greek words or phrases with power to protect those who could speak them correctly, their power residing in their sound, so that they were ineffective if mispronounced. Since the walkthrough tells us to NOT read the letter at that time, my guess would be that the letter is some kind of incantation to summon a type of protective spell or entity, so it should be only used on the most extreme of circumstances.
I mean they did leave us a hint, at least...

Screenshot_20240423_231220_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg Screenshot_20240423_231253_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg Screenshot_20240423_231355_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg Screenshot_20240423_231416_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg Screenshot_20240423_231435_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

trololohome

Dec 9, 2020
Am I the only one who think that in last couple chapters just... nothing happens except banging? Like plot action is literally 10% of game time now. 5 minutes of explanation from Bardtod, 2 minutes talk with Idriel, 2 minute talk with cayot and cliffhanger in the end. That is literally all. 60% of screentime is now banging or exposition to it, and 30% just some sidequests (those were good in first chapters, but we are near the end of the game now)

Reactions: AmaroPargo

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Am I the only one who think that in last couple chapters just... nothing happens except banging? Like plot action is literally 10% of game time now. 5 minutes of explanation from Bardtod, 2 minutes talk with Idriel, 2 minute talk with cayot and cliffhanger in the end. That is literally all. 60% of screentime is now banging or exposition to it, and 30% just some sidequests (those were good in first chapters, but we are near the end of the game now)
?

"Near the end?" What?

Screenshot_20240327_133335_Samsung Internet.jpg

4.80 star(s) 897 Votes