quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Waaaait. If she did that and everyone essentially just gets disconnected after a bright white light, wouldn't noone know what exactly happened? So when Annie says she did that everyone else would take it as a joke and still think she didn't do anything? God I can imagine precisely how that happens and I hope it does :KEK:
Good lord! Do you want the next thing that happens to be that she obliterates the entirety of Eternum? Because I can see it going there.

Das_Peanut

Oct 7, 2021
Could we get back on topic -- you know, trying to while away the days until the release of 0.8 by anxiously picking through and arguing about every line of text in the current build as a means of divining the resolution to cliffhangers and plot points --?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TamreeFugar

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Could we get back on topic -- you know, trying to while away the days until the release of 0.8 by anxiously picking through and arguing about every line of text in the current build as a means of divining the resolution to cliffhangers and plot points --?
That feeling is understandable. It's just like this image here:
1719956948140.png
We're still in for a waiting of a few months until v0.8 is completed.

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, but it also established that Orion doesn't shy away from snapping at the girls when focusing on the more important matters. That behavior with Nova this patch definitely didn't come out from nowhere. The only difference being that it's worse this patch due to Orion's bad behavior and tendencies now amplified and coming out of the woodwork.
Asking the girls to get back on track isn't snapping at them. How much of an angry, aggressive tone did you read it in?

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Initially I didn't want to answer again ...

First - I was talking about how it could have been avoided for there to be a need for resolving anything.

Regarding insults.
I have no idea what posts are all deleted at this point, but after your question, there is first Dorfnutters reply and then a lot of people telling you this is a Harem game and seemingly nothing you would enjoy - no insults so far and seemingly pretty accurate from your review.
Only people seemingly getting the wrong impression of what you were asking - and I misunderstood you as well at that point in the thread.

Then there are some replies to deleted posts from you:

And from that it looks like that when your posts were civil, the responses might have been exasperated or annoyed - but were civil as well.

View attachment 3792884

Only when your deleted posts contained insults, the still existing replies started to have some as well.
Doesn't make that right - but them not liking you could, just maybe, be a result of your posts as well ?

View attachment 3792887

View attachment 3792888

Just from the thread, I was almost ignoring you, before everything was 'resolved'.
And after I was always thinking, 'why are you so centered on the 'slut' thing when it clearly was the core reason for this missunderstanding, instead of using alternate descriptions/explanations earlier'.

Not saying my communication is perfect or that I just don't get stuff sometimes - and yes, often this is more easy from the outside - but what happened here is not just some people not liking you.
Even if that was true for some - there was definitely some real misscommunication going on - and that means you are part of it.

And if people have a bad impression of you - even if stuff was 'resolved' - insults have been said - and right now from the thread, yours were the first ones - maybe they might carry their grudge with them.
And if the same kind of conversations/misunderstandings take place in other threads as well - that doesn't encourage people to suddenly like you.
If the response to the same question is always the same - maybe the question is part of the problem ?
The closest thing I said to an insult is that I felt a person who doesn’t like MCs banging multiple characters playing a harem game was trolling. Then the insults started flying, and well, I’m more creative in that department so I got to have a bit of fun. I reply quoted all but 1 of his messages (which was well after insults began) and all of mine remain undeleted.

TamreeFugar

May 14, 2021
Please,Please,Please STOP Arguing.That horse is being beaten to death, Can we agree to disagree please.
As they say you have your opinion and I have mine, OK?:rolleyes:

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
I think what he's referring to is that we as players see Nova's POV where she frets and plans for the One Piece date to make sure it's absolutely perfect only for Annie to torpedo that by giving her the news of the finale's delay. Orion doesn't see that (and only hears some details about it from her mother), so he doesn't completely understand that the date means THAT much to her (especially since we see that she was planning to confess and punch out her v-card if things went well).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
I didn't say that she'll be of any use to Orion's current predicament (that's Doorknocker's answer), only that Restoration magic being the right choice has been hinted at in her dialogue prior to getting to Warthogs.

If anything though, it could likely bite her in the ass during a combat moment very late in the game where a pure restoration build will be required. And while I don't think it would lead to Orion dying (again), it's possible that it would lead to someone in the party dying instead.

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Please,Please,Please STOP Arguing.That horse is being beaten to death, Can we agree to disagree please.
As they say you have your opinion and I have mine, OK?:rolleyes:
That'd be cool. My argument started when I said that the latest chapter had some fun stuff in it, but I found some of the MC's behavior to be jarring and a bit out of character. Then Dorfnutter was outraged and jumped down my throat about it. It's obvious he's gone after people over this before as there seemed to be a pretty set series of talking points and screen caps, arguing as if I had claimed that the MC wasn't arrogant. That straw man argument implied to me that this is a position he's used to arguing? Or that it's a regular position he tries to frame people as?

Anyway, the point of all this is to say that finding some of the MC's behavior jarring in the last chapter is a perfectly valid, justified reaction and isn't crazy as Dorfnutter seems to think.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
What a ridiculously bad faith argument. MC likes the idea of fame, therefore fame and ambition dwarfs anything else he wants or anything/anyone else he's involved with. This has never been true in the game during actual play.
Him revealing his plans to Garrington and revealing Caly's ability to him as if he were gloating. Him deciding either to use his name or alias and then hoping it'll spread far. All signs pointing to that throwaway line being present and consistent with some of his actions, percolating until all of those wins and conquests put that line of thinking into the forefront this patch.

He constantly prioritizes playing with the girls he likes and tagging along on their little adventures instead of focusing on the gems (largely leaving that kind of stuff to Nancy and Nova, actually)
He tagged along with Luna and Penny because of the NPC disturbance in Ekabar. Or are we just going to ignore that?

Even in the intro scene you posted, fame is #2 while #1 is getting laid. Now, what actually happens in game is that it's not just about getting laid. He cares about the girls and he becomes increasingly more involved in their lives as time goes on. This is exaictly how character progression and character arcs work, by the way. Stated wants and desires at the start of a story are almost never what they actually end up wanting through the course of the tale. This is writing 101.
Only after they realize that getting what they want will result in negative consequences so they course correct or experience a redemption arc. Orion got shot because he let said wants get to his head, and it's obvious that he's about to get a redemption arc. Or do you think that he didn't deserve to get shot back there?

He's always wanting to get involved with the girls, and the girls have overwhelmingly steered him along from one event/goal to another throughout this entire series[...]This whole story has mostly been about the girls' ambition pushing MC from one adventure to another. This has not been a story defined by the MC's ambition and thirst for fame. It's completely disengenuous and bad faith bs to pretend that it is.
Oh, so now we're ignoring the Syndicate? The implication from Idriel's dialogue that she's been monitoring Orion if he's still in "the right path" and her constant coaxing for him to "break the chains" and "keep moving forward?" The dead who've plagued Orion's dreams since the beginning of the story asking for his help?

Also, "not defined by his ambition and thirst for fame." You really want to reduce Orion into a self-insert who has no personal desires or flaws despite the story saying otherwise? Despite me pointing out instances where they've shown but you continue to ignore because they apparently aren't important enough for you or "major enough" to warrant a look.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Actually, he does know from the lie detector test that she wants him to punch her V-card, he hears from her mother that she's been "practically chewing her nails off all week thinking about today," and that "she was crushed when they canceled those pirate cartoons you were going to watch together," that "Yesterday she spent the whole day whining and brainstorming plans for today," she tried to bake a cake that got ruined, she "tried to draw one of those Japanese comics of hers for you, but she wasn't happy with how it turned out, so she tossed it away," and "she spent a good three hours this morning trying to straighten her hair and comb it just right." The mother then talks about what a big crush Nova has on him. Yes, the MC knew this was a big deal for Nova.
Just because you know something doesn't necessarily mean you completely understand it. Orion has been portrayed at times to be a "high INT, low WIS" kind of guy. He's intelligent enough to know about Octopus lore and saying what he thinks a girl wants to hear, but then he follows it up by cashing in on said girl sucking his cock.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
First, it proves that Orion focusing on the mission over the girls' wants (in this case, having a conversation about muffins) isn't something new. Hence his behavior to Nova isn't something that came out of nowhere.

Second, that scene with the courtesans is me refuting your argument that Orion has "overwhelming tunnel vision" for the girls. If that were true, then he would've focused more on thinking about the potential danger Nova and Alex are in and would've jumped on that portal without second thought. Except he didn't, even negotiating with Caly to stay there "forever."

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes