Feb 21, 2023
Hello Guys, Im just playing and I noticed that Orion is connecting to the Eternum without the device and doesn't even know it or realise it after coming out. Whats going on? Did I misunderstand the situation or is he just that absent-minded like me?
That is very much intended and yes, MC is just being an incredibly big doofus about it, especially when he talks about it with Calypso. Essentially there are two possible explanations. One is his 100% compatibility, the other that he is one of the (or at least a potential) immortal who can access the worlds of Eternum at will. This could tie into the theory that Orion repeats events in a sort of time loop. There are hints in the dialogue at that.
There is a third explanation with temporary transits that happen to people sometimes. But those are argued to be different iirc.
And Do we know how much is left of the story?
I love it to death but I can't play 2 episodes a year for 10 years.
Total number of updates is currently estimated between 12-14 according to the dev. So sadly not that many more.

Reactions: TamreeFugar

Hannan2020

Oct 12, 2020
That is very much intended and yes, MC is just being an incredibly big doofus about it, especially when he talks about it with Calypso. Essentially there are two possible explanations. One is his 100% compatibility, the other that he is one of the (or at least a potential) immortal who can access the worlds of Eternum at will. This could tie into the theory that Orion repeats events in a sort of time loop. There are hints in the dialogue at that.
There is a third explanation with temporary transits that happen to people sometimes. But those are argued to be different iirc.

Total number of updates is currently estimated between 12-14 according to the dev. So sadly not that many more.
Thank you, brother, It makes sense, but seriously what do you mean sadly not that many?
We have to wait 4 YEARS for the endgame.

Feb 21, 2023
Thank you, brother, It makes sense, but seriously what do you mean sadly not that many?
We have to wait 4 YEARS for the endgame.
6-8 years total development time for a big game seems fair to me. Not even that long to be honest.
Big mainstream video game titles made by big teams take 6+ years on occasion so I would consider this timescale as normal and not crazy long when you scale both the medium to a VN and the team to very small/solo.
And yes, maybe, perhaps, possibly, it could be that just a liiiittle bit of attachment may be involved as well :KEK:
I do want to see the end and epilogue of Eternum though and am excited for whatever comes after. But there were earlier estimates of up to 20 updates and I would not have declined that possibility but it is what it is.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Hello Guys, Im just playing and I noticed that Orion is connecting to the Eternum without the device and doesn't even know it or realise it after coming out. Whats going on? Did I misunderstand the situation or is he just that absent-minded like me?
I think the idea is that his brain kinda rationalizes it for a time and he thinks it might just be a dream or that he probably fell asleep with his Eternum gear on etc.

I'm not sure how far you've played, but it becomes more and more clear to him towards the end of the current content that something isn't right.

Reactions: TamreeFugar

Das_Peanut

Oct 7, 2021
6-8 years total development time for a big game seems fair to me. Not even that long to be honest.
Big mainstream video game titles made by big teams take 6+ years on occasion so I would consider this timescale as normal and not crazy long when you scale both the medium to a VN and the team to very small/solo.
And yes, maybe, perhaps, possibly, it could be that just a liiiittle bit of attachment may be involved as well :KEK:
I do want to see the end and epilogue of Eternum though and am excited for whatever comes after. But there were earlier estimates of up to 20 updates and I would not have declined that possibility but it is what it is.
Yeah. I'd add that making a game of this quality isn't as simple as posing a couple of models in HS2, rendering, adding some text to string pictures together and calling it good. There's a lot of work involved in creating more "cinematic" (for lack of a better word) renders, and a lot of renders in scenes. Then there's image post-production, coding etc. That's not to mention actually writing (not that easy!), asset modelling (because I think Cari commissions those, rather than doing it himself), custom graphics, sound design etc.
It's a lot of work for one or two people.
It's also totally worth it. I'd sooner wait for 4 or 5 Eternum-quality games than have dozens of mediocre ones. So I wait patiently (for the most part). That's just me, though.

Das_Peanut

Oct 7, 2021
To illustrate my point, Cari posing and lighting Dalia in engine (Photoshop touch-up not included). That's a lot of work for one render...

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes