celticlord88

Feb 4, 2019
You're one of the most talented vn devs. Easily in my top 5 alongside Phillygames, stone fox, and perverteer. 5th is either pinkcake or oceanlab.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
It's the classic incest lover. Always demanding that someone should make a mod so he can fantasize about banging his mommy and sisters. I don't like to kink-shame, but certain people do get annoying when their kink isn't present in an AVN they're playing.

Aside of an incest patch not making any sense, Caribdis simply won't risk to have his Patreon page closed. He already scrapped any Nancy/Penny/Dalia lewd moments because of that.
It isn't the classic incest lover. As I said above I love games with incest. I even complained about new forums tags considering step-family incest, which isn't.

The difference is that I like when the plot actually makes sense, as well I don't expect a dev (and specially Caribidis that I like very much his work ethic) to risk losing their sustain to please a part of his fanbase. Let's be frank, not everyone likes it.

Finally, even if I like it, I don't go to threads demanding about it. Sure there may be a game here or there that can fit, but again, as I said above, creating a patch still takes personal time of the creator. Sure many people are nice guys and give stuff to the community, but at the same time it feels strange to me when someone doesn't have the least consideration to those creators, not to mention game developers.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
It isn't the classic incest lover. As I said above I love games with incest. I even complained about new forums tags considering step-family incest, which isn't.

The difference is that I like when the plot actually makes sense, as well I don't expect a dev (and specially Caribidis that I like very much his work ethic) to risk losing their sustain to please a part of his fanbase. Let's be frank, not everyone likes it.

Finally, even if I like it, I don't go to threads demanding about it. Sure there may be a game here or there that can fit, but again, as I said above, creating a patch still takes personal time of the creator. Sure many people are nice guys and give stuff to the community, but at the same time it feels strange to me when someone doesn't have the least consideration to those creators, not to mention game developers.
That's what I said it was the "classic incest lover". Some of them can get very demanding about wanting to see incest in any game they play, the same way certain harem lovers can be when they're in a thread of an adult game where doing multiple routes is a must. I suppose I could have mention that it doesn't apply to ALL the fans who love incest, but those type of fans can be really vocal about their discomfort.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Counting someone else's money is interesting, I'm going to join.

First, I wouldn't call Caribdis a "worker". I mean, yeah he works, but he shouldn't be compared to average American employee, he's not an employee. He has a business.

This business 1) is one of the best in the world - so he obviously puts a crapload of effort and does some things smart, 2) exists only on his backers' good will, and 3) has a lot of risks in general - what if competitors emerge, like some Chinese create a VN with 10x production quality and the market's demand stays the same? What if the audience starts to demand big hairy bears instead of petite shaven goddesses? What if Patreon decides to ban the VNs that merely suggest incest? You can probably think of a lot of other ways of how his revenue could decrease.

A business mitigates the risks by expanding. If we are in the VN business, we would maybe hire some more people, we would maybe create another VN for a different audience. How much would you be able to expand from 200k per year in the VN business? Probably, not by much.

Okay, most of the people reading this are probably employed for someone else, and you don't really believe this, you still think that Caribdis drew a golden ticket and gets easy money, viva la revolución, all that jazz. But ask yourself: do you consider this business sustainable enough that you would imagine him staying in this field for, let's say, 30 years more? Personally, I don't. The risks and the effort are just too high. Most likely, later in his life, he will stop doing this. This won't be the end of the world - I mean, he's probably a smart guy, so he won't die of hunger - but he'll most likely go to a regular 9-to-5 job, and he will need to start it all over, he will need to obtain new skills which will take a lot of time, while his peers that didn't take risks and went to a 9-5 job right after college already obtained these skills and are already in the loop. So yes, a 200k/year business is nothing to write home about.

So subscribe to his Patreon if you want to minimize the risks of this VN getting abandoned. It's a good VN, btw.
Good observation. I'm subscribed to subscribestar

Just wait until the update drops. :HideThePain: :KEK:

"When NTR?" "Do have save?" "Update when?" "Chang NTR Orion with gorilla woman!"
Time to update this pic!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 959 Votes