BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
I'm starting to fear this might count as off-topic, so if our posts get deleted, we can talk elsewhere.
Might sound surprising to you but your GPU being utilized 100% is just considered good optimization.
I am aware of that. However, a GPU running at 100% is still hotter than it running below 100%.
Your GPU is supposed to be able to run at full workload for extended amounts of time and not overheat.
If it does get too hot it clocks down, lowering temperatures but losing performance obviously. That shouldn't happen with a properly working cooler and well ventilated case.
Well, what exactly is that extended amount of time? 1 hour? 2 hours?

When my GPU got too hot when I was playing games, it turned the screen black. Had to restart the computer. I don't know if that's harmful to the card, but I don't feel like approaching that limit.

I don't know if I have proper ventilation but there is pretty much only one place I can put my computer at in my room so, I don't really have a choice.
Think of it this way, if you planned to run your card at like 75% utilization you could have just bought the next cheaper model down the list.
Well, I need a card that can be used for some time even for new softwares or games.

Second part is also not accurate. If your GPU shits out frames faster than your CPU can process them, you have something called a bottleneck. Also works the same the other way around of course.
Yeah I know, it's discussed quite often in gaming. But as far as I know, it only affects fps, but I don't really need a very high fps when making renders. Except downgrading my CPU or lowering the graphical settings, I don't think anything would lower the GPU %.

Edit: But yes, I shouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that Room Girl isn't usable for renders. I am sure there are other people that have computers capable of using it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtyMario

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I'm starting to fear this might count as off-topic, so if our posts get deleted, we can talk elsewhere.
I sure hope it doesn't. A bit of technical talk shouldn't annoy people too much. It's not like we're filling pages with unhelpful nonsense.

Well, what exactly is that extended amount of time? 1 hour? 2 hours?
That depends a lot on your use case and game session length. 4 hours, 8 hours, 12?
It shouldn't overheat in any case even running at a median of 99% across all of it.

When my GPU got too hot when I was playing games, it turned the screen black. Had to restart the computer. I don't know if that's harmful to the card, but I don't feel like approaching that limit.
Since the 2070 is a Turing card I'd guess anything below 80°C is totally within normal working temps. It's really hard to heat damage a modern GPU.
I haven't had a card blackscreen since the OG 8800 GTS and that was quite a while ago. Make sure it isn't other things in your case crapping out, maybe instigated by the warm GPU. Like your CPU or RAM sticks.

I don't know if I have proper ventilation but there is pretty much only one place I can put my computer at in my room so, I don't really have a choice.
This was more about case ventilation, as in air moving through your PC case. If your 2070 exceeds 80°C after a short time at full workload you should check the usual suspects like making sure the fans on the card are spinning properly and setting a custom fan curve if they don't. Also check for excessive amounts of dust in the case or on the case intake fans.

Reactions: BiggestDickest

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Since the 2070 is a Turing card I'd guess anything below 80°C is totally within normal working temps. It's really hard to heat damage a modern GPU.
I haven't had a card blackscreen since the OG 8800 GTS and that was quite a while ago. Make sure it isn't other things in your case crapping out, maybe instigated by the warm GPU. Like your CPU or RAM sticks.
This was more about case ventilation, as in air moving through your PC case. If your 2070 exceeds 80°C after a short time at full workload you should check the usual suspects like making sure the fans on the card are spinning properly and setting a custom fan curve if they don't. Also check for excessive amounts of dust in the case or on the case intake fans.
Thanks for the tips.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
They must tell you what they are going to do! Living in a virtual world that limits your senses is in the plan. Looks like nice art. I hope some stil get out and do stuff instead of living in their matrix. My first thought was a play on virtual money or, like etherium a game like money of platinum or similar valued instrinsic valued coins. One hint for you all, if the currency not intrinsic, it is still fiat. And if you are only allowed to purchase something on an approved list, you have lost more freedom!

BobbytheHunter

Mar 30, 2020
Like someone mentioned a few pages ago, i almost never post either, but this game...
WOW.

I have to take my hat off for the developer.
What a story and what a design...
You really set a new standard for everybody else..
Sensational, is the only word that comes to mind.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Caribdis

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
I sure hope it doesn't. A bit of technical talk shouldn't annoy people too much. It's not like we're filling pages with unhelpful nonsense.

That depends a lot on your use case and game session length. 4 hours, 8 hours, 12?
It shouldn't overheat in any case even running at a median of 99% across all of it.

Can you enhance water cooling? And you might run a air tube a fan to suck air to outside to vent the heat and a fan outside to pull additional volume. Having a tube vent solution where space inside is limited. Dust is the enemy of electronics like heat preventing the movement of air.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
The redhead in frame 12 has watched too much karate kid videos, is that her version of White Crane kung fu?

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The redhead in frame 12 has watched too much karate kid videos, is that her version of White Crane kung fu?
Play the game and see it in context - my recollection is that it has nothing to do with martial arts, and I think her right foot is on something, not just hanging in the air.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Play the game and see it in context - my recollection is that it has nothing to do with martial arts, and I think her right foot is on something, not just hanging in the air.
Right, it do look savory so far, thanks for the data. I think my response was witty though. So here is another one just for you, satiric teasing follows: Yess Master (Renfield voice)

Oh now it's too funny, she actually was doing white crane stance and you dis'd me ha ha. Fine no problem. She calls it her Crested Crane Pose.

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Right, it do look savory so far, thanks for the data. I think my response was witty though. So here is another one just for you, satiric teasing follows: Yess Master (Renfield voice)
Ah - you thought. There was your first mistake. ;)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
You must be punished, first the spanking then the oral sex.... French Castle. Now for something entirely different: Which mod do you prefer the multi or Sancho's?
Been using multimod and it's been just fine. I like some of the stuff standard in Sancho and use his mods elsewhere, but I think I'd have to restart if I switched and I've done enough restarts on enough games already. The multi will highlight a path for you, but the Sancho will tell you the impact of a decision. Depends on what you want.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aug 15, 2021
You can survive, but its a bit hidden:
If you bought Annie the Pendant of Destiny in the very beginning of the game, you survive without dying (during very first interaction with the item vendor in eternum)

However i don't think the level loss is a huge debuff: level in Eternum seems to be more a vanity thing or rather, it shows how powerful you are/were, but you don't gain power FROM level ups but levels from completing hard challenges. The real debuff for normal players is loss of equipment from dying, but eternum player skill rises from actual personal skill, not points distributed during lvl up like classic rpgs.
Dont think thats quite true because I think it was mentioned penny needed to increase her level for the magic spell but its been a while since I played so I may be misremembering. Maybe its easy to rebuild but I dont think deaths are completely free.

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes