BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
It's heavily modded. Caribdis is actually a fucking wizard.
I think other than custom maps, he is just using the standard version of the BetterRepack of HS2. I think the most impressive part (in terms of visuals) about Eternum is the lighting. Lots of HS2 games lack shadows. I have no idea how Caribdis does it. Unlike Daz, which gives you full control over the lighting because every map starts in pitch black, a lot of HS2 maps have built-in lighting that is very flat. The HDRI in HS2 are also quite bad. I don't know. I have tried to imitate Caribdis' style in my renders but they are nowhere close. Maybe you're right, he is indeed a wizard.

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtyMario

camube

Jun 4, 2022
i think it's high time i play Eternum.

Been hearing about this game forever but kept delaying playing it and play other things instead. I think it's about time. Looking forward to experience the game!

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I think other than custom maps, he is just using the standard version of the BetterRepack of HS2. I think the most impressive part (in terms of visuals) about Eternum is the lighting. Lots of HS2 games lack shadows. I have no idea how Caribdis does it. Unlike Daz, which gives you full control over the lighting because every map starts in pitch black, a lot of HS2 maps have built-in lighting that is very flat. The HDRI in HS2 are also quite bad. I don't know. I have tried to imitate Caribdis' style in my renders but they are nowhere close. Maybe you're right, he is indeed a wizard.
Yea that's what I meant. Fans try to recreate his characters and renders in many threads and most of it (no offense) looks anywhere close to his style. I'm glad he's sticking to it because it's special.

Bruce Lee said:
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Yea that's what I meant. Fans try to recreate his characters and renders in many threads and most of it (no offense) looks anywhere close to his style. I'm glad he's sticking to it because it's special.
Oh there are many threads that have done that? I thought I was the only one.

madyo

Sep 12, 2019
yeah i tried that already downloaded hs2 screwdriver modpack and tried immitate one
not even close or even beautiful, i guess i need to study about photography to get this good

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
yeah i tried that already downloaded hs2 screwdriver modpack and tried immitate one
not even close or even beautiful, i guess i need to study about photography to get this good
It's more about whether you understand how the lighting works in HS2. In Daz, it's much easier to make artistic renders, if you don't mind the long render time, because the lights behave pretty much the same as in the real world. In HS2, the lights have limited range, so that's something extra to consider if you want to control the softness of the lighting. There is also something called Character Lighting, which essentially makes the characters glow a little bit. You would want to lower that to 0, otherwise the characters would be lighted differently to the other objects in the scene. The shaders on every object in HS2 are also not standardised, which means they are lighted differently anyway, and you can't change that. So while photography knowledge would help set a scene up, it is based on real world lighting, you would get very different results in HS2.

Edit: Thank you. I didn't realise why my renders look different all along, until I answered you. Now I know where I should look.

Last edited:

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
[0.5] - Sneak peek #1
Hello guys!
I hope everyone is doing well!
I thought it was time to start posting some previews of the work we've been doing so far! As always, I tried not to spoil anything and pick images that don't reveal much.
In 0.5, we'll mainly focus on "real life" events, aka not in Eternum.
However, our MC won't be bored! You'll be able to spend more time with your favorite girls and get to know them better in several events. Also, you can expect, at least, 3 new fully animated scenes.
I'll post a Progress Report next week with a bit more info and something about the development of the game that I want to tell you!
That's it for now, remember that my DMs are always open and that you can always ask me any questions you might have.
Thank you for being here and making this possible.
Love you all
Caribdis

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apr 2, 2021
[0.5] - Sneak peek #1
Hello guys!
I thought it was time to start posting some previews of the work we've been doing so far! As always, I tried not to spoil anything and pick images that don't reveal much.
However, our MC won't be bored! You'll be able to spend more time with your favorite girls and get to know them better in several events. Also, you can expect, at least, 3 new fully animated scenes.
I'll post a Progress Report next week with a bit more info and something about the development of the game that I want to tell you!
That's it for now, remember that my DMs are always open and that you can always ask me any questions you might have.
Love you all
Caribdis

The quality and texture of the renders are getting better and better each update wow

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
[0.5] - Sneak peek #1
Hello guys!
Love you all
Caribdis

tumblr_mgjilo3tn11qdch9co1_500.gif

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Annie seeing Nova top the Eternum character polls and seeing her name at the bottom.

(Don't worry Annie you're still best girl to me DX)
In all fairness, the competition here is pretty high profile and in other VNs it would very likely be #1.

Reactions: Dylan741

starkj

May 17, 2022
Everything about this game is just top notch, quality seems to get better every chapter.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
I believe we already went over this like yesterday so I won't say anything.
Still, valiant effort!
Just give it a score. What do you think is lacking from the image that would give it a higher score? Speaking with you guys have enlightened me about the lighting in HS2, and already I have made a few changes. A man does not improve if he does not know what he is lacking.

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes