VN - Ren'Py - Eternum [v0.7.5 Public] [Caribdis]

1. 5.00 star(s)

bastard92

Absolutely phenomenal. This game was truly brilliant and had me hooked the whole way through whilst I was playing it. God knows how Caribdis does it but every aspect of the game is amazing. The music, the dialogue, the comedy, the characters, everything is simply great.

As someone who has been following Caribdis from the start of Once in a Lifetime, this game shows how talented he is and how much he has improved, not to say that he was bad before that couldn't be further from the truth, he has simply made an even more amazing game as if that was even possible. I truly cannot recommend this game anymore to people to play. I rarely write reviews on this site, in fact the only other review I've written is for Once in a Lifetime but Caribdis truly deserves every piece of support and compliment that he gets, if not more. If you are looking for a person to support on this site, just one, he's the man to support. He didn't milk his previous game despite so easily being able to and I am so glad that he didn't so that we could experience this amazing new game. I have no idea how you manage to push such incredible games/updates out in such a short time compared to other developers who take 4-6 months for a crap update. Every single update Caribdis provides is just so satisfying and fulfilling. To say I am excited for the next update for this game is an understatement.

Top notch job as always Caribdis!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

lolbenis

I don't have anything to add that the guys below me haven't already said
    The girls are great
    The art is great
    The dialog is funny
    The story is actually interesting and not just a filler for sex scenes
    The game actually has music that fits the current mood of the game
  3. 5.00 star(s)

I_Only_Support_Real_Onez

This is for v0.5.... Renders are god tier for being a Honey Select game. The story is excellent. The characters are pretty fleshed out. It has humor with an underlying creepiness about whats going on. The sandbox isnt even horrible its just an easy to follow short freeroam with each update which is a small percentage of the update's content. The animations are great and sound fx are excellent. The amount of content for each update is about 3-4 hours each update if you use the auto function on medium speed.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2004997

What a beautiful world, with some of the greatest looking models. Everyone feels like they're their own person, and their personalities are actually different!

This is one of the few games I didn't immediately skim through all of the dialogue, only to read the important bits.

This game is fantastic 5/5
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Cigzag

Amazing first version. Blown away and can't wait for more. Love all the girls so far but especially Nancy....*hoooo boy, she's going to be fun*... Luna really sticks out to me too, but again they are all pretty nice and interesting so far and look great.

There is an incredible amount of content already for a version one, and I am in awe of the story, plot and world building so far. The pacing is great too with the relationships, lots of nice tension building up.

I played the developers previous game and enjoyed that one too (still haven't gotten around to finishing it yet though, whoops.) But I can already tell that Eternum is on a whole new level compared to Once In A Lifetime.

Really excited for more updates and I know Caribdis delivers at a very good, content filled pace. Excellent Work.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Serenity x

Version 0.1 Review
    -----
    This is my first review on F95 after lurking for quite a few years, playing dozens on dozens of different titles and after playing the first version of this game I was absolutely blown away and felt the desire to write some of my thoughts.

I have never had goosebumps come from a title that wasn't a horror focused title until now. The feelings this title has already made me experience alone brought a lot of nostalgia from shows I've watched many years ago, namely SAO. The "ToA" that were shown were genuinely impressive and awe inspiring, I truly hope they have a massive impact in the future updates and there is backstory on them that isn't just lightly touched or referenced.

The great!

+++ The story so far is incredible. Not once did I feel bored or want to take a break.
    +++ Models are gorgeous with variety yet still they all interest me in some way.
    +++ The humor made me audibly chuckle a few times, most other titles fall very flat, not here.
    +++ MC actually looks decent!

The good!

++ The audio is great with music, effects and ambience.
    ++ The one adult scene was impressively animated and interesting.
    ++ Build-up is well paced currently.
    ++ At least 2 hours of content if you don't rush through it.
    ++ The slight "horror" aspects build tension and interest.

Negatives!

- Nothing currently that is important enough to take a point off!

Please, put as much effort into this title in future updates as you did in this first release. I am absolutely hooked, I've only been able to financially support one other developer before and I absolutely am going to subscribe to you after playing this. 10/10 for me personally.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

PunTroller

As someone that completed Once in a lifetime. It really says something that once I saw the ending scene where it brought up Eternum that I continously continued to check Caribdis' patreon for updates. They might just be the only creator of these games that I truly am a fan of their work where I can appreciate the person who made it not just the game. I think what makes their games stand out from the rest is their dialogue and humor. A lot of people with these type of games can try to force humor but it comes out lame. However with theirs the humor is one of the most notable things about this game and what makes the games more memorable than the rest by others. You can tell how much work and improvement this game brought than once in a lifetime and once in a lifetime was amazing already. The art and visuals were on point. The dialogue were on point. What I also got to say the plot is on point too. I'm genuinely interested and invested in this story. It has the potential to last for a while while also having clear goals along the way and end goal in mind obviously. I could not recommend Caribdis' games enough. The game was great and I know for a fact you'll enjoy it too.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

Another gem in the making enjoyed every single minute of it just Loved it

What this VN excels at is immersion
    It has great settings combined with awesome presentation that makes you feel like you are in it and getting the full picture
    Interesting plot that has an engaging story combined with great story telling
    The humor and banters are spot on made me laugh a lot Dialogues between characters feel natural
    Also the story sometimes takes unexpected turn and throws you off which makes it more enjoyable
    Great renders a huge step up from the previous VN
    I loved how the scenes were setup with new assets especially the environments very well detailed and the character designs a lot of efforts went into making those
    New hot models with different personalities
    Great character building even though it's just the beginning
    The animations are fluid
    The musics are great additions great choice of sfx and music sets the mood really well

Been waiting for it ever since i heard of it and gotta say it's fuking worth it
    The dev doesn't let us down
    Definitely recommended and if you tried the previous one you know it's gonna be worth also for a first release there is a huge amount of content in it too
    Like the title you really wish you could play this for eternum
    Can't wait to see what comes next as the dev takes this one to the next level from his previous VN.
    As always Goodluck dev.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Nospaces

What an insanely beautiful world, with some of the greatest looking models. Everyone feels like they're their own person, and their personalities are actually different!

've never enjoyed a story this much in any 0.1 release, but boy, let me tell you. This game is so fucking different. There's humour, there's suspense, and even actual connections with the characters.

This is one of the few games I didn't immediately skim through all of the dialogue, only to read the important bits.

Genuinely loved it, 10/10!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

bananabonzai

Caribdis has to be one of the best developers of adult v/n style games. I'm not a huge fan of this style of artwork, but Caribdis makes it work so well when combined with the storytelling and character developments. OiaL was one of the first games I tried with this form of artwork, and wow was I pleasantly surprised. I think it was at the end of OiaL that it mentioned two possibilities of future projects, Eternum, and some post-apocalypse story. I was kinda disappointed it wasnt the latter, but after trying Eternum, that disappointment has quickly dissipated. This draws some parallels to Ready Player One, which I loved, so I am very excited for what future updates will bring for this game. And for the initial release, damn, Caribdis is knocking it out of the ball park. I like that it's not overly sexualized (yet), and the relationships have a good, slower buildup than most games that are just made for fapping to. Definitely think this is one developer well worth supporting monetarily.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

BLACkTORNAD0

for anyone who is reading this review
    firstly why you should play it, because its caribdis
    previous game was very well written and so is this. animation and renders are topnotch if anyone has doubts i would recommend playing the completed version of once in a lifetime it has many endings and your choice matters.
    this one is also very well written humor is great just like the previous game . keeping it short i have to go to recive someone at the port too ;)
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Shinyo

As everyone said... What an incredible start!!! The amount of content the developer provided in the first release is mind-blowing. The girls, the details and the cinematic parts.. Wauw!
    As much as I love Once in a Lifetime, Eternum takes the crown.

Thanks for the great first release, I am looking forward to the next release! :)
  13. 5.00 star(s)

rainjones

Great Start to a brand new game. Kudos to the creator for being able to maintain the sort of humor that made the previous game stand out and also on the plot setting which seems to be much better and detailed than the last game. Keep up the good work.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Stylebender

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a better first release than this one. OIALT was already a Gem and this one looks to be even better. Graphics are improved and the writing is still great as it was in the previous game. I enjoy the premise of the game since it’s fresh and new and something different. Looking forays to the next update. Caribdis is a GOD
  15. 5.00 star(s)

rex77F

What a start

Tons of content, good humor, Great girls, Well-written dialogues.
    This is a huge leap in terms of graphics and animations, the previous game was good but this one is even better.

In a nutshell this is another fantastic game from Caribdis.
    Can't wait for the next update. Keep up the good work.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Tosted

Fuck, man.

Caribdis is a god, I swear. Keep up the good work.
    Love you, boo boo

Oh, btw. When I see the name "Chang" I picture an overweight, super sweet, but also crazy old Korean lady that I know.
    So that's cool.

Edit: Holy shit some of the music in this game is like, good . And not the same generic thing in every other game! Caribdis. Babe. How do you do it?
    :cry: you've come so far
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Dorfnutter

(Note: Review is for version 0.1. Will update accordingly on full release)

Strong start. Very strong start. Certainly a tremendous improvement from OiaL, which I thought started meh but ended up fantastic in the end.

I mean, everything is pretty amazing. Story hook sounds interesting, humor is still on point, the music (oh god the music)...probably the biggest improvement from OiaL, the background renders are just gorgeous, and the ladies...*chefs kiss*

(Only nitpick I can think of is "why doesn't Eternum have a HUD or menus? 'Bad game design, 5/10 - IGN, probably' LOL." I mean, the characters keep mentioning their levels and equipment and such, but how do you keep track of that? I dunno, maybe the MC finds out about it later since he's still a noob, but I thought not having it explained at the start seemed weird since Eternum is a VMMORPG after all...)

Again, pretty strong start. Can't wait for the next update.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Hurukiwai

I've played a lot of games from this website and while a lot of them were really good I never had the need to actually rate/praise one because a lot of people were already doing that. However after playing both Once In a Lifetime and now this first chapter I'd like to say both of them have been really entertaining and they both have some real great humor, great characters and an interesting story. This & Once in a Lifetime are also the only two games where I never skip dialogue simply because I'm actually interested enough to read it and not just skipping through for the action. Definitely, definitely good shiz Caribdis!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Boldano

Another hit by Caribdis, I can already tell.

The humour hits every time. Great jokes and timing but not to the point where its overwhelming. The overall story is shaping up to be good too. The backstory seems like it will have interesting drama and darkness but will be lighthearted enough to make you laugh and still feel good while working through the mystery.

So far every girl is appealing and diverse so you’re likely to see at least a few characters you want to spend time with. The overall transitions, UI, menus, etc are all polished too, feels good to play through.

Highly recommend following this one.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

raycala

Exclaimer; this is about version 0.1

Having played Caribdis' other game Oialt before, this style and the writing obviously already synced with me, still for those that haven't and in general:

+The models look amazing again, even better since he used HS2, and clearly has more experience
    +The women clearly have a well-rounded personality and style, and are likable in their own way
    +The backgrounds are beautiful and varied, it simply looks amazing
    +Clever and funny usage of movie/game-inspired montages
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    +The MC looks good
    +Consistent story-telling
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    +Great usage of sound effects and music
    +Interesting and unique (for adult games) premise and plotlines
    +Enjoyable humor again (if you didn't like it in Oialt, you probably won't like it here of course)

There is one sex scene, but not yet with the 'main girls', so can't really judge that yet, except that the non-main girl scene was good.

It's safe to say that I'm really looking forward to more of this game and developer.