Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Declining the scene is fine but accepting it should not be completely free of consequences. At the very least make the player lose money instead of having him walk away like nothing happened. And if you want to make the MC be a dick that's fine too but make it consistent - while I enjoy eternum more, character development of the MC and the inconsiderate/asshole choices is one of the places I feel like the other top rated game on this site Pale Carnations is vastly superior to eternum.
Well, since you accepted the scene, your consequence should be to self-flagellate with a cat-o-nine-tails every night for a week [broken glass optional]. Have fun! ;)

Of course, you should also write a note of apology to Annie. You can give it to her the next time you meet her.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Its not the act of having sex with Eva (as I have said multiple times already) but the act of taking >1k of Annie's money that she has been saving for years and blowing it all up on hookers. Do you really think Annie would have been thrilled it see this? Especially given the context that the player is presented with before that scene?

Declining the scene is fine but accepting it should not be completely free of consequences. At the very least make the player lose money instead of having him walk away like nothing happened. And if you want to make the MC be a dick that's fine too but make it consistent - while I enjoy eternum more, character development and the inconsiderate/asshole choices is one of the places I feel like the other top rated game on this site Pale Carnations is vastly superior to eternum.
Sure I get it, but it seems a bit harsh to punish the player for wanting to watch the only sex scene of the update, or saying Orion is a dick just because he think with his dick in that moment. Annie gives him the money so it belongs to him now, and Orion do tell her he'll repay her in some way in the future. Not only that, but he just came out of Chop-chop after he potentially bought something for Annie. So saying he's a dick or that he should suffer bad consequences because he choses to have sex with a virtual hooker who has done nothing wrong and for whom he has the money, considering that it is his first time and he is a horndog, is harsh.

I haven't played PC yet, but Eternum seems lighter in its tone so it all comes down to what your standards are. In this case there's no need for bad consequences because you can justify not getting them and still keep consistancy with both the world and the characters. Orion is a horndog so he uses his free time to have sex with Eva. Eva loved it so she doesn't want him to pay. End of story. No one will be none the wiser about it because that's her "job", and we can move on with the game, playing a guy who, despite the fact that he's nice with the girls, is still a horndog and sometimes can't help but think with his dick. Everything's justified, everything's consistant.

And if you can't see the consistancy, it's a you problem. You can then just decline the scene and move on.
Yes, you can avoid the prostitute in Eternum.
Thanks for the info :p
Yeah, that's what I mean with a "hook" scene. A lot of VNs are using something like this, often it is a memory or a dream or a fantasy etc. to have a sex scene early, without needing to build it up.

It is just a bit weird to see something like this in a game that otherwise takes massive amounts of time.
Doesn't seem weird to me, "au contraire". The game take massive amounts of time to build up the plot and the relationships with the LIs, so Eva is just the solution to add a sex scene to the first update without rushing into things. Hence why there's no consequences despite being justified and consistant within the world and the character.

Really people complaining about the lack of consistancy on things that actually has consistancy is kinda tiring. Note to self : stop entering these frays.

Aug 15, 2021
Well, since you accepted the scene, your consequence should be to self-flagellate with a cat-o-nine-tails every night for a week [broken glass optional]. Have fun! ;)

Of course, you should also write a note of apology to Annie. You can give it to her the next time you meet her.
We are discussing the game in what I hope is a respectful conversation.

Stop demanding that every thread/game you like be a circlejerk. If you cannot be civil about it then put me on ignore. It is a discussion forum and if you think no criticism should ever be made about any game you like you are delusional.

Reactions: Nullbot

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Stop demanding that every thread/game you like be a circlejerk. If you cannot be civil about it then put me on ignore. It is a discussion forum and if you think no criticism should ever be made about any game you like you are delusional.
Okay. You have convinced me. That is the worst scene in the history of AVNs. Caribdis should be severely punished for releasing such utter trash. I suggest he be sentenced to a an entire weekend of listening to you critique his game. That'll teach him.

Aug 15, 2021
Okay. You have convinced me. That is the worst scene in the history of AVNs. Caribdis should be severely punished for releasing such utter trash. I suggest he be sentenced to a an entire weekend of listening to you critique his game. That'll teach him.
When did I say the scene was trash? I just felt like it was a step down from all the other sex scenes in the game (with the exception of peeping on Dalia). It is definitely not worth going back and changing anything and the conversation with eva about the nature of eternum was great. But when I compare it to literally every other sex scene (and I am also including the build up to that scene here) I find that the others are just a lot better. And the only reason this stands out to me is because I think the rest of the game is excellent. To me this is a near perfect VN and because of that any scene that I feel is a 6-7/10 as opposed to a 9-10/10 stands out. You may of course disagree.

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The way I see it, patreon is a way for people to fund development. You are not buying a product. This game is made using HoneySelect so it is and always will be free because of legal reasons - it is why the game is not on steam for example. The only way for the dev to make a living from this is if people help support its development.

As for it getting completed, I dont think there is reason to worry here. The dev already has a completed game under his belt and based on the few interactions I have had with him on his Discord, I genuinely think this game will be completed - I dont think it will be stuck in development limbo like many other games. I feel like the Caribdis's approach to development is to get things done and move on as opposed to being stuck in a loop of analysis paralysis which is a very refreshing thing to see.

I dont know much about HoneySelect but I would imagine that assets are limited. For a game like this where you need custom assets to build bizzare worlds and characters. I think funding really helps - it can help the dev get additional help, have custom assets, hire artists (we had the voice acting from the logs in 0.4, the comic in 0.5 etc) and just make this a better game.

If monthly donations are too much for you consider doing one-off donations if you can when the game updates. I am sure the dev will appreciate it.
You kinda do need to make custom assets if you plan to use honey select, but at the same time not really. I can identify most of the clothing as being either default built-into BetterRepack or from mods. Take Annie's shirt for example, it's a stock clothing piece with some colored patterns which you can create in...minutes, including finding it and customising it.

But not all clothing sets are the same. You'd expect the fancy ones being the most custom but not really, I think some of the more casual outfits are the fully custom ones because I don't recognise them.

What I personally think takes most time in Eternum's process is the posing, because messing with IK and FK and getting it as right as Caribdis gets it isn't hard, but it's annoying as hell.

Donating a one-off is exactly what I plan btw, it's not relevant that the game will never officialy be a paid product.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
This is a small issue with novels with choices compared to kinetic novels : sometimes one choice might feel out of character. But if that's the case, just choose the option you feel is the best for the character you imagine, I don't see the problem. Or are you triggered because it's an option? Same energy as people who whine about optional ntr, just don't click on that option.

Though we all know the sex with the virtual hooker in the first release was made for the fappers who couldn't wait :4Head:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Again you are missing the point - it is not the inclusion of the scene itself that I have a problem with. It is the MC being inconsiderate and the lack of consequences for your choices. The scene itself and especially the conversation with Eva was quite good. If eternum was like you claim it is, the regina scene last update would have been very different. You would not break penny's heart and the game would have rewarded you instead for going for Regina. I personally think it is a case of the game evolving and getting a more clear direction for where it wants to go when it comes to the MC's character development as it progresses.
You may need this...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

Bless your heart! I'll take that advice!

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Head to the locker room (just don't do it). The witch (Regina I mean) is waiting there, she tells the protagonist to strip down. which he does but she just takes pictures of him in his birthday suit and sends them to poor Penny. Needless to say, her heart breaks and also her path ends.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
leo.gif

misterandy33

Jun 27, 2022
You kinda do need to make custom assets if you plan to use honey select, but at the same time not really.
At least part of Idriel's clothing lace bodysuit is a Daz3D asset.
Or maybe it's the other way around... Not really sure, as I don't have access to HS... But I know for sure it's available for DAZ.

Last edited:
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

MartinKrpan

May 15, 2020
I don't think there is a perfect VN out there. Every VN has its flaws, either some small inconsistency with a character personality, design, story, choices or in some cases a big inconsistency. I don't mind small inconsistencies, what some ppl find it weird might be normal in my view. We are after all different personalities.

On a more serious note, whoever makes Penny cry is a monster. Monster, I tell you.

4.80 star(s) 911 Votes