Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
Sigh, today i finished all the games that i was interested in, even replayed eternum and now im on my 2nd playthrough for Once in a Lifetime after... 1 month? Hell, here we go again Carla

Edit:i i think i messed up the spoiler for the image lmao

Reactions: Blursed and [VEN0M]

[VEN0M]

Nov 21, 2021
Sigh, today i finished all the games that i was interested in, even replayed eternum and now im on my 2nd playthrough for Once in a Lifetime after... 1 month? Hell, here we go again Carla

Edit:i i think i messed up the spoiler for the image lmao
does oial pick up after the beginning because I tried playing it for the first time a few days ago and it seemed like a bore, and i just dont find the 2 main girls attractive. if its anything like eternum, ill fs try it again but idk rn

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
does oial pick up after the beginning because I tried playing it for the first time a few days ago and it seemed like a bore, and i just dont find the 2 main girls attractive. if its anything like eternum, ill fs try it again but idk rn
As far as I remember, the story overall is slower paced and tamer. A lot of the story beats are more overtly just used as opportunities to get MC closer to one or more of the LIs. It does eventually get a little intense, story wise, but I'd say if the thing you like about Eternum is how the plot comes out guns blazing almost from the beginning, OiaL might not be for you, especially if you're not into the two main girls. I enjoyed it, but it definitely has a much different feel. The main similarities, I think, are that the overall sense of humor between the two VNs are pretty close and a lot of the spooky/supernatural scenes have a pretty similar vibe that idk if I could quite put my finger on because the contents of them are pretty different

Reactions: [VEN0M]
Feb 21, 2023
It does get better, but keep in mind you are essentially following the dev on their path on getting as good as they are now with Eternum. And there is a strong focus on the two characters you mentioned. The overall artstyle and character design does not change over the course of the game except one small fun part where the MC gets a haircut and is definitely subpar compared to Eternum. The humor is very Caribdis though and is easily comparable, that alone kept me entertained for pretty much the entire game. But if you don't feel good with it, don't force yourself. There are a few references to OIAL in Eternum but you do not really need to have played it. But maybe ask in OIAL thread, its still very much alive, just not as active as this one.

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
how much content does this currently have? because after playing Once in a Lifetime, i struggle to find other VNs that are that good (and completed)
I'd say Eternum's(0.5) length is almost equivalent to Once in a Lifetime. Just note that if you're talking about "that" content, it is pretty much only foreplay for every LI as of 0.5 (except for one wich have a full sex scene). It has a very decent amount of content and that's not even half of the game (dev says Eternum length will be between 12 and 20 updates)

Last edited:

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
Hang on , the progress statut is really 89% ? Because on the SubscribeStar , it's still at 87%
Y-yeah it's still 87% on my end (Patreon and Subscribestar) as well...what gives? Discord-only post or something?
Hmmm, I searched every site for the progress report and didn't find anything, but I found this on the YouTube channel, so I just shared the results.
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-07 at 18.14.23.jpg
As this channel has been following the game for a while now, but I'm not sure myself tho

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
mhh, its a big tricky to say. the story is actually engaging if you are into this but i honestly didnt care too much about it, cuz im usually more invested into the interaction with the girls in games.
the comedy is toptier shit. i love it. im really happy that Caribdis kept this kind of humor in Eternum.

but if you dont think the sisters are attractive then the game might not be for you. maybe you are already used to better art and graphics. lucky me i played oial before eternum, because eternum looked too flashes for me at the beginning.

the scenes with the mom are really hot in OIAL though.

Reactions: [VEN0M]
4.80 star(s) 929 Votes