• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Partial Evil Goddess (堕邪女神) [1.092] [Newface]

orlmente

Mar 12, 2018
Sorry if this was asked before, but has anyone ever tried using Translator++ with this game? I thought I'd try translating the chinese-only bits but TL++'s parser always seems to hang when it hits the Scripts_Push.rvdata2 file. Am I being really thick here or is there just no way to get it working?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
After specific request by fucknolink and after telling him that this is a dumb idea, here's a horrible MTL abomination for v1.092.

This game is in Chinese. I don't have any knowledge in Chinese. This game has over 2.5 million characters to translate, it has non standard formatting, multiple separate script files, it is running on an ancient VX ACE version, and expects things like the menu labels to not need more than 2 characters on top of each other. It uses strings for multiple actions including calling for file names preventing you from translating them unless you edit the assets as well. Basically nothing established actually works on this game.

If you experience a crash, or game-breaking bug, please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
This game is in Chinese. I don't have any knowledge in Chinese. This game has over 2.5 million characters to translate, it has non standard formatting, multiple separate script files, it is running on an ancient VX ACE version, and expects things like the menu labels to not need more than 2 characters on top of each other. It uses strings for multiple actions including calling for file names preventing you from translating them unless you edit the assets as well. Basically nothing established actually works on this game.
So what you're saying is I should stop holding out hope for a decent translation because no one besides the creator will want to touch it with a 10 ft pole?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
So what you're saying is I should stop holding out hope for a decent translation because no one besides the creator will want to touch it with a 10 ft pole?
I can't and wont speak for other translators, but it would need a very special person.
Someone with a very specific set of skills, years of free time, and almost worrying dedication.