Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I'm not really familiar with Github actions, but if there's a way to copy the gettext libs into the package, and get the package directory in the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, that might fix it.
how i solved a similar issue on the linux side (the actions runner uses ubuntu 20.04 which has the older libffi.so.7, whille my arch system has the uppdated libffi.so.8, so it would quit instantly) is exactly by . it should be fairly straightforward to do the same on macos. from that error message im guessing we need to include "intl"... as for adding to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, well im not sure if its even needed since it should be baked into the executable somehow? we'll see

There's also a hassle that every .so library included in the package triggers a security warning and has to be approved manually, because the libraries aren't signed.

I wonder if a different packaging method that packages everything into a single .app would work better for Mac? That might fix both problems.
looks like cx_Freeze has both a bdist_mac and a bdist_dmg command. iirc dmg's are kinda like installers, and thats not how i want to setup f95checker. bdist_mac instead should bundle as a .app...

ill try something out with both these options then

Reactions: batblue

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
how i solved a similar issue on the linux side (the actions runner uses ubuntu 20.04 which has the older libffi.so.7, whille my arch system has the uppdated libffi.so.8, so it would quit instantly) is exactly by . it should be fairly straightforward to do the same on macos. from that error message im guessing we need to include "intl"... as for adding to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, well im not sure if its even needed since it should be baked into the executable somehow? we'll see
Oh great, yeah, that would probably do it. Hopefully that bundle_libs directive will fix up paths if necessary.

looks like cx_Freeze has both a bdist_mac and a bdist_dmg command. iirc dmg's are kinda like installers, and thats not how i want to setup f95checker. bdist_mac instead should bundle as a .app...
Makes sense. dmg's are just disk images containing an .app, but they usually open with a prompt telling the user to drag the .app to the Applications folder. I can see why you wouldn't want that, necessarily.

ill try something out with both these options then
Cool, I'm happy to test them out when they're ready.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Just found this & am awestruck by how amazing it is, I Probably know the answer but have to ask any ways, I ASSume these aren't compatible with an android OS? Is there any plans for such a thing ?

I ask because I play all my adult stuff from my phone & currently have close to 300 .apk's on it, diligently sorting out the treasures from the trash & I can't begin to explain how tedious keeping half these updated regularly let alone the half I haven't even tried yet is, lol

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Just found this & am awestruck by how amazing it is, I Probably know the answer but have to ask any ways, I ASSume these aren't compatible with an android OS? Is there any plans for such a thing ?

I ask because I play all my adult stuff from my phone & currently have close to 300 .apk's on it, diligently sorting out the treasures from the trash & I can't begin to explain how tedious keeping half these updated regularly let alone the half I haven't even tried yet is, lol
no plans, sorry. this is a 100% desktop application and making a mobile version would mean making a completely separate program...

Reactions: SumTingWong0420

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
The windows build ran immediately with no issue.

maybe put a cap on max vsync ratio as anything higher than 4 is like my worst nightmare of working with a laggy computer :HideThePain:. also 1 seems to run at 70 fps when hidden behind another window then drops to 25 when in focus, while 0 runs at 144 fps. Thought itd be interesting to share

w10 was alittle bit weird sometimes with restoring a minimized window ontop of the program if it is maximized where the window would not appear and would require a few minimize and maximizes to work. Doubt its something you can fix but thought id mention anyways.

Another small thing, you cannot write in notes if it is not in the viewport. so if you scroll down while its still selected, it would not accept any input until you scroll back up so its in view.

A small nice to have but not really important, pressing escape to close a modal

Dragging to outside the window then moving the mouse back into the window opens up a game info modal. I know drag & drop will become a manual sort thing, but I think this behaviour might persist even after you enable drag & drop sorting.

Other than these small little nit picks, seems to run just fine, couldnt get it to break in any way

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
maybe put a cap on max vsync ratio as anything higher than 4 is like my worst nightmare of working with a laggy computer :HideThePain:. also 1 seems to run at 70 fps when hidden behind another window then drops to 25 when in focus, while 0 runs at 144 fps. Thought itd be interesting to share
its just best left at 1 to be honest, but i found out this option in glfw so i thought id add in case someone needs it. as the tooltip says on 0 it will render as much as it can, no ccapping, so 144 fps looks reasonable. on 1 it should aim to reach yourr monitor's fps, so im guessingg eitherr you have an unusual fps or you overclocked your monitor... as for the lower fps when in focus, well im not too sure, but i did notice that cpu usage is all overr the place on windows and i am yet to investigate it, so it my very well be that. as for limiting it, well i did limit it at 10 because in my opinion an interface needs no more and no less than 60 fps to be usable, but some people might be ok with 30 orr less, and when you get to monitors with 244+ fps you need something like a 10 ratio to limit however you want it... also with monitors like that you probably do a lot of gaming so you probably dont want this tool to hog your system resources... also in regards to performance earlier today i pushed a change where the interface will only render if the window is focused, it seems reasonable to me and will help with the inevitable cpu usage complaints that will come eventually (i always try my best to optimize and run as little code as possible each frame but with larrger lists and more images loaded i consistently get a 3-6% cpu usage on linux...)

w10 was alittle bit weird sometimes with restoring a minimized window ontop of the program if it is maximized where the window would not appear and would require a few minimize and maximizes to work. Doubt its something you can fix but thought id mention anyways.
it *is* fixed now :D my original idea was to go into tray when minimizing. i am on linux and it worrked but the window would remain visible with alt+tab, and selecting it though alt+tab would make it realize that it shouldnt be there and it minimized prroperly. so what i did is that when you click minimize it would hide the window and then focus it, making the os realize its hidden. howeer on windows this was all over the place... in the end i opted to leave the standarrd minimize functionality (some people might find it useful) and i havve instead added an option to minimize to tray when closing with the x button (or alt+f4 or whatever). it is disabled by default, and when enabled the only way to quit the app is via the tray icon.

Another small thing, you cannot write in notes if it is not in the viewport. so if you scroll down while its still selected, it would not accept any input until you scroll back up so its in view.
interesting, but im guessing this is a limitation of imgui...

A small nice to have but not really important, pressing escape to close a modal
as a matter of fact this is how it should be, its built into imgui... my best guess is that the python bindings are kinda hit or miss...

Dragging to outside the window then moving the mouse back into the window opens up a game info modal. I know drag & drop will become a manual sort thing, but I think this behaviour might persist even after you enable drag & drop sorting.
manual sort is already implemented! you enable it by right clicking on the list header! when it is enabled a click will popup and a drag will sort, while with it disabled it will popup whatever game is under then mouse when you release the click

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
also in regards to performance earlier today i pushed a change where the interface will only render if the window is focused
I built a gui framework from scratch using opencv that actually runs very similar to imgui where it renders everything as an image. A method i use to reduce processing time is to render only when something needs to be changed. Eg, if the refresh button needs to update the image, it will set a render flag to true to say it needs to be rendered on the next pass, then only the refresh button's area gets rendered instead of rerendering all visible items on screen. Otherwise its just waits for input or changes. I wonder if imgui has something similar to that?

it *is* fixed now
Haven't managed to replicate the issue with the new build, unfortunately it was an intermittent problem so its hard to say with certainty but what you did seems to have worked

manual sort is already implemented
I thought it would be there, but for some reason I didn't look at the first option in the popup :facepalm:
With manual sort that problem doesn't happen so it not something worth worrying about.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
when in background mode it sends a standard system notification (usually a small flyout in bottom or top right of the screen). issue is that once it found the update it sends the notif, but next time it checks it has already found the update so no new notification or popup. probably the issue here is that it sent the notif while you were away. thanks for making me rrealize that, ill make sure that in the next update if there are some updates while in background mode, you will see them as a popup when you go back to gui mode.

if instead you are sure it did not send a notif, or maybe it doesnt see the update at all, well the tool only detects changes in the thread title (it assumes that, as per forum standards, the title contains a version number) so if the title was not changed it wont detect the update.
Issue Update about F95checker not showing updated games when manually updating:
1651896430710.png
So background, F95checker does work properly but since I have notifications off it didn't show on screen.

The problem tho is I don't know how to see the other games:
clicking on the notifs doesn't show the rest.
Expanding the notifs, same result
Opening f95checker windowed doesn't show the rest and it deletes the notif

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Issue Update about F95checker not showing updated games when manually updating:
View attachment 1797016
So background, F95checker does work properly but since I have notifications off it didn't show on screen.

The problem tho is I don't know how to see the other games:
clicking on the notifs doesn't show the rest.
Expanding the notifs, same result
Opening f95checker windowed doesn't show the rest and it deletes the notif
Yea I admit it’s a terrible system, but I’m not gonna update the old code base, this will be fixed in the new ui... you’ll have to bear with that for another little while...

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Also, after I refresh, it seems to stick on "Downloading 1 image"
replied in DM but ill also post here for others:

each game is identified by the tool through its thread id (look at the url in any f95zone thread, you will see f95zone.to/threads/title-stuff.12345, the numbers after the . is the thread id) which is unique to that thread... images are saved as id.jpg...

now the current checker is a bit dumb and can mess up the ids quite badly, ending up with image issues. this includes:
- an empty id, showing as "": { inside the config instead of "12345": {. the fix is adding the id yourself from the link a little below in the config
- a broken id with part of the url, showing as "to/threads/12345": { inside the config instead of "12345": {. fix is removing the to/threads/
- a broken link which points to a page other than the first, showing as "link": "/threads/title-12345/page-123" inside the config instead of "link": "/threads/title-12345/". fix is removing the page-123

the config is located at %appdata%\f95checker\f95checker.json on windows and ~/.f95checker/f95checker.json on linux. i suggest you attempt fixing it yourself if you are having these issues, but do be sure to make a backup of the json!

ill make sure to make the rewrite a lot smarted and able to catch these banalities. to make sure nothing breaks tho you should try pasting only pure links: just open the OP in your browser and get the link from it, best case scenario the URL looks like https://f95zone.to/threads/title.12345/

• Red Heart
Reactions: Iron-Beagle

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
20 games updated but can barely see up to 15 games in full screen if there's no scrolling option 1652578327541.png

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
is it possible to change display scale of a whole thing? i'm maybe getting old, but damn all those buttons and text are kinda too small to comfortably use
i'm already using 125% scale in Win10 display settings, but i got feeling this program doesn't affected by this

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
is it possible to change display scale of a whole thing? i'm maybe getting old, but damn all those buttons and text are kinda too small to comfortably use
i'm already using 125% scale in Win10 display settings, but i got feeling this program doesn't affected by this
on the current version no sadly. im working on a full rewrite of f95checker which already has this implemented, but it will still take a while for it to be ready. it is not in a usable state at the moment

Reactions: Danv

Fluffy Neko

Jan 27, 2022
I need help... im stuck i had logged into my old acc that is now deleted and don't know how to change accounts.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I need help... im stuck i had logged into my old acc that is now deleted and don't know how to change accounts.
You’ll have to edit the config by resetting the cookies. The config is at %appdata%\f95checker\f95checker.json on windows and ~/.f95checker/f95checker.json on linux. Simply open it with any text editor. Now find the advanced section and inside you will also see a cookies section. You need to remove everything inside the cookie section. Make sure you backup the file first tho!!! If you can’t figure it out send the file over in dm

Reactions: Fluffy Neko

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Hey Willy,

I've had a hiatus from using F95Checker due to the fact that I've been hospitalized(epilepsy), been at my girlfriend's place and used mobile devices for the last few months. Therefore I haven't 'Refresh!'ed the list.

I usually sort by 'Last Updated', but doing so with months of game updates is a mess. Is there any possibility to sort by when the OP was edited? Or maybe even by when the game version last changed?

BTW, 41 games were updated.. some I've played over mobile, so I can cross those off, but I'm not sure about all of them. The rest are kinda left in a jumbled mess.

Another feature that would be nice is to color code the games. Some games I'm more eager for a continuation for than others.
White = completed and Primary GUI color = Default.. but if you could choose other colors for your favorites that would be cool.

Last edited:

Cares_X

Feb 2, 2019
Program says "There was an error connecting to F95Zone, please check your internet connection!". Because of country limitations i can only access f95 via vpn. I have mullvad vpn that runs from system services so it shouldnt have any issues, no?

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes