Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
well those popups are only for gui mode, so nothing happens without you present. in background mode it will only throw notification messages like it does now, and only show a single popup when restored to gui in case some games were updated while in background mode. while in standard use you will at most have a game details popup, a filepicker and maybe an error popup, no more than that
That's good to hear. I have the 8.5 almost constantly running in BG mode (way more than 14 days at a time) and it has good points as it works right now.

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
unroot Btw the issue you pointed out with the position was indeed present, i simply never noticed... now it remembers the position between gui / background mode, and also between tool restarts

Reactions: unroot

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
batblue I once again kindly request your assistance :D

I implemented the start with system setting, but I don't have a mac to test it on... i tested the plist file generation and that works fine, just need to know if it works in the wild. Should work for both source and compiled btw. Binaries here
Thanks in advance <3
Just gave it a quick try and it doesn't seem to work on my system. The option stays checked until I restart, then is unchecked when I log back in (and the app doesn't start up). I can try to take a closer look this week and see if I can figure anything out.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Unable to load numpy_formathandler accelerator from OpenGL_accelerate
so this is so fucking dumb...
the issue is that when installing OpenGL_accelerate, if numpy is not present, then numpy_formathandler will not be installed. As a result, it will complain every time you import OpenGL. first off that is very retarded on PyOpenGL's part.
next you can tell pip to install numpy along with opengl, but pip doesnt follow the order you give it, it goes in a completely arbitrary order, so of fucking course it installs opengl before numpy.
i submitted a fix upstream to make sure opengl-accelerate has numpy as an explicit requirement, and the fix works very well on my machine. but guess fucking what, not on github!
so now i fixed it the oonga boonga way by adding a single pip install command to first install just numpy, and then all the requirement.txt entries.
my current state of mind is perfectly expressed in the commit message btw
i wanna rip my eyes out, this took a whole day. very cool

Just gave it a quick try and it doesn't seem to work on my system. The option stays checked until I restart, then is unchecked when I log back in (and the app doesn't start up). I can try to take a closer look this week and see if I can figure anything out.
hopefully one of the last commits fixed it. the possible issues could have been two:
- it doesnt like the old label (F95Checker) i gave it and it only wants the retarded java style labels (com.github.f95checker)
- i hadnt provided the KeepAlive required argument. now i added that and also a few more for good measure

latest build here

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Been a while since I last posted a progress update with a video showcase, nearly a month! Time to fix that.
- Implemented styles and theming!
- Added a very needed feature: default exe folder. With this you can setup a default folder for your games, and when you are asked to select the executable for a game the file picker will start from that folder!
- You can filter based on many different criteria, and also invert the filter. When filtering you also see a count of how many games match the criteria.
- Added the ability to remove games
- Added notes widget in both list and grid mode
- Added full browser support (only part missing now is the download pages as html setting)
- Launching games is now functional, also now supports non exe games like html and has better linux support
- Last played timestamp is now recorded
- Open folder button works now
- Added a setting to minimize to background mode when closing the tool.
- Added a bunch of scroll settings and tweaks.
- You can now fit images to avoid cropping.
- Implemented a bunch of popups and messageboxes.
- As always MANY bugs were also fixed.
(Sorry for low vid quality, the file uploaded didn’t like 15mb and up... also sorry for long vid but there’s a lot of stuff to show ;) )

View attachment Record_select-area_20220524201436 (2).mp4

While this rewrite is not ready all things you tweak and change will not be saved to disk and forgotten once you close it. It will always get the data from the stable release of the tool. Feel free to poke around with the latest binaries here (you will need a GitHub account to download the artifacts)

Last edited:

n0-floW

Dec 3, 2017
(...)
While this rewrite is not ready all things you tweak and change will not be saved to disk and forgotten once you close it. It will always get the data from the stable release of the tool. Feel free to poke around with the latest binaries here (you will need a GitHub account to download the artifacts)

Amazing work!

Wanted to check it as fast as possible. Sadly, I got this error while trying to launch the latest windows binary
1653425396550.png

No idea if this is some small error in code or the cause is my laptop, but sharing this just in case.
Anyway, I'm looking forward for release of stable version 9.x :)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Sadly, I got this error while trying to launch the latest windows binary
thats a simple overlook error, its trying to examine a browser path even if that browser was not found xD

pushed a fix, new binaries are currently building

Reactions: n0-floW

DashaTaran

Jul 24, 2018
This error has been showing since a few days ago
There was an error connecting to F95Zone, please check your internet connection!

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
btw i tried VPN, it works View attachment 1838180
if you want to use a vpn you must open it before the tool. same goes if you need to change wifi / network. the errors in yourr log.txt seem mostly because it is trying to use a network that you are not connected to anymore. close the tool, reopen it and just refresh without touching anything about wifi or vpn, then send the log again.

DashaTaran

Jul 24, 2018
if you want to use a vpn you must open it before the tool. same goes if you need to change wifi / network. the errors in yourr log.txt seem mostly because it is trying to use a network that you are not connected to anymore. close the tool, reopen it and just refresh without touching anything about wifi or vpn, then send the log again.
View attachment log.txt

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
hm same errors... if here you did everything correctly, im not too sure what the problem might be... its a very non descriptive error "The specified network name is no longer available."... im so tired of windows's bullshit

only suggestions i have are the usual... disable antivirus, disable firewall, change dns, flush dns cache, try another wifi, try cabled connection, try on another pc

Reactions: DashaTaran

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
hopefully one of the last commits fixed it. the possible issues could have been two:
- it doesnt like the old label (F95Checker) i gave it and it only wants the retarded java style labels (com.github.f95checker)
- i hadnt provided the KeepAlive required argument. now i added that and also a few more for good measure
Sorry for the delay on this, busy week! I just tried the latest build, and still getting the same results. Doesn't start the app on startup, and the option is unchecked in the app after a restart. I took a look at the code, and I'm not sure what the issue is, either. Happy to keep testing, at least.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: WillyJL

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
Been using this and I really like it to organize all the games that I watch/check from here. One suggestion (if it's possible) would there be a way to scrape or pull torrent information for each game/update from rpdl ( ). I normally find myself seeing an update and then doing a manual search there to pull it as torrents are so much better d/l options than what we have here (they're so slow).

Anyway, do like the program.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes