Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Been using this and I really like it to organize all the games that I watch/check from here. One suggestion (if it's possible) would there be a way to scrape or pull torrent information for each game/update from rpdl ( ). I normally find myself seeing an update and then doing a manual search there to pull it as torrents are so much better d/l options than what we have here (they're so slow).

Anyway, do like the program.
thats an interesting website i didnt know about, thanks for sharing! however i designed f95checker to be simple and straightforward, and this feature is outside the f95zone scope and also would lead to requests to add the standard download links, which i cannot do for botting reasons and platform limitations. also it would then lead to more requests to make the tool also manage all your game files, which i stand strongly against. so unfortunately no, i cant implement this...

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
thats an interesting website i didnt know about, thanks for sharing! however i designed f95checker to be simple and straightforward, and this feature is outside the f95zone scope and also would lead to requests to add the standard download links, which i cannot do for botting reasons and platform limitations. also it would then lead to more requests to make the tool also manage all your game files, which i stand strongly against. so unfortunately no, i cant implement this...
No problem, thanks for at least thinking about it. :) Yeah, the rpdl site is pretty nice ESPECIALLY since the demise of nopy. I think they're trying to torrent *all* games on f95 which would be very nice as the other options for pulling them are just abysmal in my experience with nopy gone.

Reactions: WillyJL

Iron-Beagle

Jul 13, 2017
Hi, I'm suddenly being prompted to log in again every time I start the program or refresh. I've tried disabling the 2FA on my account in case that was the issue but it's still happening. Any ideas?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi, I'm suddenly being prompted to log in again every time I start the program or refresh. I've tried disabling the 2FA on my account in case that was the issue but it's still happening. Any ideas?
i also personally have this issue and i think it is in fact related to 2fa, but that it was enabled when you first signed in. 2fa expires after a month, and for me this happens exactly every 1 month. how i solve it is by closing the tool, editing the json by deleting all the cookies, and then reopening the tool.

Iron-Beagle

Jul 13, 2017
i also personally have this issue and i think it is in fact related to 2fa, but that it was enabled when you first signed in. 2fa expires after a month, and for me this happens exactly every 1 month. how i solve it is by closing the tool, editing the json by deleting all the cookies, and then reopening the tool.
So the section immediately after this part?
"advanced": {
"user_agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.125 Safari/537.36",
"cookies": {

---EDIT-- Yep it's the part straight after this. I backed up the json and deleted the section. After one final login on restart, it's working fine.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
This looks like a really useful tool.
I just installed it on Ubuntu 22.04, but can't log in to F95. I get a completely black login window, after the small prompt saying I have to log in.
I don't have 2fa on and can't find a log.txt in the install folder.

Any suggestions?

The first couple of times I started the app, I did get a traceback
Code:
brosen@Delirium:~/Bin/F95Checker$ ./F95Checker.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/brosen/Bin/F95Checker/F95Checker.py", line 109, in <module>
    with open(f'{globals.config_path}/f95checker.json', 'r') as f:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/brosen/.f95checker/f95checker.json'

• Thinking Face

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
This looks like a really useful tool.
I just installed it on Ubuntu 22.04, but can't log in to F95. I get a completely black login window, after the small prompt saying I have to log in.
I don't have 2fa on and can't find a log.txt in the install folder.

Any suggestions?

The first couple of times I started the app, I did get a traceback
Code:
brosen@Delirium:~/Bin/F95Checker$ ./F95Checker.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/brosen/Bin/F95Checker/F95Checker.py", line 109, in <module>
    with open(f'{globals.config_path}/f95checker.json', 'r') as f:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/brosen/.f95checker/f95checker.json'
that error in particular is normal, i had gotten fed up with difficult to debug errors that i made it so it prints even the errors that are caught and handled correctly. the log.txt would only reflect what you see in commandline (or even less in some cases where printing is done at c level and not at python level) so thats not important. my best guess is that something is messed up with your qt install or your opengl context... try running this before the tool: export QMLSCENE_DEVICE=softwarecontext
this will try to run the login window using software and not gpu, maybe that helps. otherwise try reinstalling the qt packages using your package manager, or maybe check if you have installed the web engine modules of qt (they are usually separate from the main qt suite)

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
try running this before the tool: export QMLSCENE_DEVICE=softwarecontext
this will try to run the login window using software and not gpu, maybe that helps. otherwise try reinstalling the qt packages using your package manager, or maybe check if you have installed the web engine modules of qt (they are usually separate from the main qt suite)
Nope, but thanks for the suggestions. The export thingy did nothing, I checked qt, but as far as I understand (which, to be honest - isn't much) nothing is missing. Though, something probably is ;)
The login window flickers once, not sure that is super useful info though...

Anyway, I'll come back later to this.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
I would literally pay you money if you can prioritize and release a tracker that exports watched threads to the F95checker asap

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I would literally pay you money if you can prioritize and release a tracker that exports watched threads to the F95checker asap
well the rewrite is getting close to being ready, i recently implemented the actual refresh process so it is mostly functional, although it can be rough around the edges and im working on that. also in the works is adding games to the list and when thats handled properly, adding support for import and export of various types (including watched and bookmarked threads) will be a breeze. ill ping you when its implemented, and id say that will probably within a week from now, but no promises. if you want to donate that is always very welcome but at the moment i cant focus on this tool because i have exams coming up, so dont feel obliged to donate when i cant promise you ill prioritize this.

latest development builds are always available here (need a github account to download the artifacts)

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
well the rewrite is getting close to being ready, i recently implemented the actual refresh process so it is mostly functional, although it can be rough around the edges and im working on that. also in the works is adding games to the list and when thats handled properly, adding support for import and export of various types (including watched and bookmarked threads) will be a breeze. ill ping you when its implemented, and id say that will probably within a week from now, but no promises. if you want to donate that is always very welcome but at the moment i cant focus on this tool because i have exams coming up, so dont feel obliged to donate when i cant promise you ill prioritize this.

latest development builds are always available here (need a github account to download the artifacts)
yeah ok exams take priority over financial incentitive for a task over a program entire development :geek:

But thanks a lot for answering

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
GAB i need to know something: if you have a lot of watched threads / bookmarks (im interested in both), do they end up im multiple pages like any other f95zone thread? if so, can you send me an example url of your first page and any subsequent page (just page 2 is fine) please?

EDIT: figured it out, works quite well on my end. ironing out a few more things then ill push a dev branch update and build

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
GAB aaand its done. latest build (as always) here . you will need a github account to download the build artifacts
i have to remind you that this is still in beta stage, so you might find bugs and if you do please do tell me. main things to look out for is that i changed the version detection, so many games will be marked as not installed anymore, but only the checkbox will be gone. you can filter by installed and it will show even the ones that you have installed on a version that is not latest. otherwise there are some things that are not yet implemented, like background mode and a few other buttons, but for the most part it is totally usable. you can import from manage > import > f95 bookmarks / watched threads. bulk link import is also available. also before i forget, now adding a game is instant, it will fetch all the game data the next time you refresh. this means the titles will be a bit off right after you import, but will fix themselves after a refresh.

PS: now that i look at it the build sizes have grown huge, ill work something out to get them to an acceptable level (265mb for mac and 203mb for linux is NOT acceptable)

video preview:
View attachment Record_F95Checker_20220612041722.mp4

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
GAB aaand its done. latest build (as always) here . you will need a github account to download the build artifacts
i have to remind you that this is still in beta stage, so you might find bugs and if you do please do tell me. main things to look out for is that i changed the version detection, so many games will be marked as not installed anymore, but only the checkbox will be gone. you can filter by installed and it will show even the ones that you have installed on a version that is not latest. otherwise there are some things that are not yet implemented, like background mode and a few other buttons, but for the most part it is totally usable. you can import from manage > import > f95 bookmarks / watched threads. bulk link import is also available. also before i forget, now adding a game is instant, it will fetch all the game data the next time you refresh. this means the titles will be a bit off right after you import, but will fix themselves after a refresh.

PS: now that i look at it the build sizes have grown huge, ill work something out to get them to an acceptable level (265mb for mac and 203mb for linux is NOT acceptable)

video preview:
View attachment 1865682
unsure how to download build artifact

I've never used github enough to require an account so i'll need some step by step what to do once i'm logged in and i'm at the website you mentionned.

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020

I've never used github enough to require an account so i'll need some step by step what to do once i'm logged in and i'm at the website you mentionned.
Open the link, scroll down till you find "Build"(it has a green check) and click it, scroll down and download the windows version if you are using windows. Extract the zip, inside there is another zip, extract that as well and run the exe.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019

That links brings you to the build history. Every entry there can be either skipped (most of them because I make small changes without triggering a build), failed (big red X), and successful (green tick mark). You’re interested in the successful ones. Click on the newest successful build (as of writing this the latest is from yesterday) and you will be brought to the build task page. Here you have the left pane which you don’t care about, the workflow chart and details which you don’t care about, and in the middle / kinda towards the bottom right you have the artifacts section. Here you have 4 download options: windows, macos, linux and source. The first three are self explanatory, the source is if you have Python configured and want to run from source code instead of precompiled .exe

PS: as Sttav noted the download is one Windows.zip, which inside will have another F95Checker-Windows-xyz.zip. You’ll need to extract both

PS2: forgot to mention this: the new F95Checker uses a new type of config / storage, a sqlite3 database.The first time you run (or when it can’t find the database file) it will attempt migrating your previous json and / or ini from previous versions. This means however that if you make changes to the list or settings in the new version it will not be remembered in the old version!

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Open the link, scroll down till you find "Build"(it has a green check) and click it, scroll down and download the windows version if you are using windows. Extract the zip, inside there is another zip, extract that as well and run the exe.
Short and simple, all done now, thanks
That links brings you to the build history. Every entry there can be either skipped (most of them because I make small changes without triggering a build), failed (big red X), and successful (green tick mark). You’re interested in the successful ones. Click on the newest successful build (as of writing this the latest is from yesterday) and you will be brought to the build task page. Here you have the left pane which you don’t care about, the workflow chart and details which you don’t care about, and in the middle / kinda towards the bottom right you have the artifacts section. Here you have 4 download options: windows, macos, linux and source. The first three are self explanatory, the source is if you have Python configured and want to run from source code instead of precompiled .exe

PS: as Sttav noted the download is one Windows.zip, which inside will have another F95Checker-Windows-xyz.zip. You’ll need to extract both

PS2: forgot to mention this: the new F95Checker uses a new type of config / storage, a sqlite3 database.The first time you run (or when it can’t find the database file) it will attempt migrating your previous json and / or ini from previous versions. This means however that if you make changes to the list or settings in the new version it will not be remembered in the old version!
about the PS2 footnote, is the solution for that with the export function. or use the "save data" folder and it's compatible with old and new version?

update: Absolutely love the new look. Tested some quick functions.

-Funny story, couldn't test bookmark since I never had any thread bookmarked (deleted them all since I already imported them to checker on v8.5.
-Tested the import function anyway and both bookmark and watched threads are stuck at 0% for at least 5mins before i cancelled.
Same with updating games, stuck at 0%. Since I have 870 games and I did some max thread for refresh on 8.5, do you think it might be a problem on the beta?

-All games have the "no tags" error message. also some description and changelog don't show properly (image below). Is it a WIP or a bug?
1655115938432.png

Overall it looks great on paper, love the vast amount of settings, seems like there's some work to be done on back-end

P.S. still stuck at 0% while i finish this post

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
about the PS2 footnote, is the solution for that with the export function. or use the "save data" folder and it's compatible with old and new version?
well simply put very old versions stored the data as a .ini file, the last versions stored data as .json, and now it is in a proper .sqlite3 database. the new version looks for the old .json and imports the data, but the old version is not aware of the new .sqlite3 so it will not do anything with it.they will be like two separate configs. this change was made so that storing and reading data is faster and more reliable (hopefully no more "config is corrupt" errors)

Same with updating games, stuck at 0%. Since I have 870 games and I did some max thread for refresh on 8.5, do you think it might be a problem on the beta?
did it ever show a login window? it should have, and my best guess is that it is waiting for the login window to open, but something is stopping it...

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes