Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Which is what I did, and it runs from the terminal but not from within F95Check. But I'm sure this is due to me having a messed up wine install. It's just the one game.
my best guess is that in the script youre using relative paths, so when launching from the tool it might not hae the same environment or current directory... try to make sure all paths are absolute and not relative, otherwise im not sure what could be the cause

Reactions: Jarulf

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
my best guess is that in the script youre using relative paths
No, I checked that. But don't worry about this, it isn't your problem. I'll figure it out (or not - not too bothered about it)
I'm just glad I got the tool working in the first place.

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
ok so the last things missing now for a full release are:
- background mode, it does nothing right now done
- fixing the start with system option on macos
- reducing the build size (most of that will be hand removing unused qt libraries) tried my best it q5 is just too damn thicc
and those are mostly straightforward compared to where weve come so far

my main and very pressing concern is the cpu usage. imgui is a gui library that runs like a game: it needs to render the whole window multiple times per second so it has its own framerate and all. but since im building this tool in python, a relatiely slow and interpreted language, it can be quite an intense process.

on my linux machine it averages between 1.5% and 3.0% cpu usage, which is acceptable. the issue is on windows... my virtual machine averages between 9.0% and 14.0% cpu usage, which is NOT ok. as a temporary solution i made it so the interface does not render if the window is not focused, so atleast when you are doing other stuff it is literally 0% cpu.

but id like to have some feedback from a wider range of users, what kind of cpu usage are you guys getting (when measuring of course you need to keep the tool focused, if task manager is focused the usage will be 0%)? do you feel that simply not rendering when unfocused could be ok, or is it too weird and janky?

EDIT: asked a friend to test too and they had about 3% cpu, I booted windows on bare metal and I got about the same... in the end I removed the check for focus, it renders normally now

EDIT 2: now the window will render at all times like normal, but not in background mode so that will save you cpu usage if you need it

Last edited:
Reactions: CCrusader and ascsd

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Ok good news WillyJL
The import worked perfectly!
minor request:
  • give numbers of games added
  • give list of games added (small chances that some of the watched threads are not indeed games)
  • give numbers of games skipped due to duplicates 1655267579377.png
  • fix the spaces converted to
1655267654240.png

bad news:
  • Can't update games
F95Checker_yLd4GaQqZb.png
haven't tested other importation method since I have no browser bookmark related to f95

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
haven't tested other importation method since I have no browser bookmark related to f95
Well both the watched threads and the bookmarks refer to f95zone, not your browser... f95zone has a bookmark feature, so basically import watched threads and import bookmarks do nearly the same thing, it just depends how you saved the thread on your account

For the suggestions sure, those do make sense

That refresh issue is the default message for when the thread is not formatted as it should be (the html does not contain even the OC post), normally meaning the thread is no longer a thread or there was some other issue. In the future I’d ask you to send the html file like it says there since it greatly helps with fixing it in case i can’t reproduce it. In this case I am aware of the issue:if you open that thread in browser you see “you do not have permission to view this page”, so my best guess is that it was deleted or it was moved. I’ll add a popup saying that and asking if you want to remove the game from the list

Not sure what you mean by fix the spaces converted. If you mean that when you first add a game it has no spaces and it has the - characters, then that’s both because when importing links, the link itself does not contain the real game name, only the lowercase and nonspaced version, and also because that way you are reminded that you need to refresh in order to get the game’s data

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
- fixing the start with system option on macos
A possible workaround for this is just to provide instructions for adding the app to Login Items via the Users & Groups panel in System Preferences. Even though it has to be done manually, it's probably a more reliable way of accomplishing this than trying to accommodate all the weirdnesses of each version of macOS.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
btw i scrapped the drag and drop planned feature because my main idea with it was dragging the url from browser into f95checker to add the game, but the window library im using only supports dnd with files, not text. i might come back to this idea in the future to support .url files (windows shortcuts) but for the time being im not implementing it

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
weird but good and possibly interesting news: i implemented rpc!
rpc is a way to execute some commands remotely, but dont shit your pants yet. usually (and in this case too) rpc is implemented on localhost (only your pc can connect to itself) to allow communication between multiple processes. as of implementing this its only used for focusing the tool when you try opening a new one, but i plan on making a browser extension that will be able to add games to the tool by clicking a simple button on the browser.

btw also the adding games part is already implemented, only the browser extension is missing. if youre interested you can connect to the xmlrpc on localhost:57095 and call the "add_game" function passing any kind of f95zone thread url as a string.
also i dont know anything about choosing ports or other kinds of conventions so i came up with a kinda random one: i took 70 which is ascii for F, added the literal 95 (F95) and then added a 5 in front (57095) cos wikipedia said that above port 49152 is for custom and non registered services

tldr: now if you open a new f95checker, the already open one will be focused. in the future i will make a browser extension to add games easily

Last edited:
Reactions: CCrusader

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
weird but good and possibly interesting news: i implemented rpc!
rpc is a way to execute some commands remotely, but dont shit your pants yet. usually (and in this case too) rpc is implemented on localhost (only your pc can connect to itself) to allow communication between multiple processes. as of implementing this its only used for focusing the tool when you try opening a new one, but i plan on making a browser extension that will be able to add games to the tool by clicking a simple button on the browser.

btw also the adding games part is already implemented, only the browser extension is missing. if youre interested you can connect to the xmlrpc on localhost:57095 and call the "add_game" function passing any kind of f95zone thread url as a string.
also i dont know anything about choosing ports or other kinds of conventions so i came up with a kinda random one: i took 70 which is ascii for F, added the literal 95 (F95) and then added a 5 in front (57095) cos wikipedia said that above port 49152 is for custom and non registered services

tldr: now if you open a new f95checker, the already open one will be focused. in the future i will make a browser extension to add games easily
That sounds cool asf

• Love

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Not sure what you mean by fix the spaces converted. If you mean that when you first add a game it has no spaces and it has the - characters, then that’s both because when importing links, the link itself does not contain the real game name, only the lowercase and nonspaced version, and also because that way you are reminded that you need to refresh in order to get the game’s data
Oh sweet. By need to refresh in order to get the games data, you mean simply close and open again right?
Well both the watched threads and the bookmarks refer to f95zone, not your browser... f95zone has a bookmark feature, so basically import watched threads and import bookmarks do nearly the same thing, it just depends how you saved the thread on your account
I always referred bookmark as the one from the browser. I barely use the forum bookmark function haha

Thanks for adding the suggestions. Excluding the update function not working atm (I'll check where else it happens and send the html file), It's a great demo with the features added

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Oh sweet. By need to refresh in order to get the games data, you mean simply close and open again right?
well the thing is when you add the game the tool only know the id, url and kind of the name (it reads it from the url). when you click the refresh button the tool goes though all the games and if it notices it was never checked before it will grab the thread page and get all the details, including the correct name. in your case it was unable to complete the refresh process because of some parsing error that i now fixed so it should work fine now, just download the latest build :D

I always referred bookmark as the one from the browser.
i think i can manage to whip something up for that, like you export all your bookmarks from the browser and f95checker tries to parse it somehow... i have some learning to do on bookmark databases huh xD

EDIT: scrap that, this is easy as fuck. its literally a super basic html file, just have to parse all the "a" tags and get href ahahah. expect it to be ready in... 20 minutes? thats including build time lmfao

EDIT2: well maybe 20 minutes was a bit optimistic. it took 20 minutes without including build time xD. in 10 mins build will be ready!

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
i think i can manage to whip something up for that, like you export all your bookmarks from the browser and f95checker tries to parse it somehow... i have some learning to do on bookmark databases huh xD

EDIT: scrap that, this is easy as fuck. its literally a super basic html file, just have to parse all the "a" tags and get href ahahah. expect it to be ready in... 20 minutes? thats including build time lmfao

EDIT2: well maybe 20 minutes was a bit optimistic. it took 20 minutes without including build time xD. in 10 mins build will be ready!
I mean, that's why I originally suggested mass import. Like copy-paste multiple link so it's added in 1 go. But if you have a shorter method, by all means, go for it

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
success with both export from forum

no log.txt or html but got a new error on build 200
1655360126027.png

Oh and because of this error screen, not only can't I update threads but it includes I can't fix bookmark with a minus [-] instead of spaces [ ] on the name

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
success with both export from forum

no log.txt or html but got a new error on build 200
View attachment 1873616

Oh and because of this error screen, not only can't I update threads but it includes I can't fix bookmark with a minus [-] instead of spaces [ ] on the name
thats a connection error (with python errors if theres some useful information its on the last line: Server disconnected)... not much i can do to fix it lol... lower the refresh workers or put a higher timeout, something like that

Reactions: GAB

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
thats a connection error (with python errors if theres some useful information its on the last line: Server disconnected)... not much i can do to fix it lol... lower the refresh workers or put a higher timeout, something like that
Thought about that
10 worker and 45s delay. Perm stuck at 9%
30 worker and 45s delay. Perm stuck at 17%
Bottom right corner says it's downloading 15+ or 30+ images

Can't really share anything since there's nothing on log.txt
I think it's blocking because it's not composed entirely of games threads (threads of game mods) and it's stuck because some threads don't have pictures....
If that was indeed the case then I tried to "add filter" and chose type. "Type Value" Others and did a invert filter. That removed 210 game according to "Filtered game count" but it's still stuck at 14% no matter the # of workers or timeout

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Thought about that
10 worker and 45s delay. Perm stuck at 9%
30 worker and 45s delay. Perm stuck at 17%
Bottom right corner says it's downloading 15+ or 30+ images

Can't really share anything since there's nothing on log.txt
I think it's blocking because it's not composed entirely of games threads (threads of game mods) and it's stuck because some threads don't have pictures....
If that was indeed the case then I tried to "add filter" and chose type. "Type Value" Others and did a invert filter. That removed 210 game according to "Filtered game count" but it's still stuck at 14% no matter the # of workers or timeout
just to test try with 1 worker

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
just to test try with 1 worker
Currently stuck at 21%, with a 10s timeout

update: can confirm, 1 hour later and it's stuck at 21%

Update 2: redid the whole thing but added filter. Set to filter by type and invert filter for type value: Other. Got this error screen
1655443165280.png

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes