Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
did it ever show a login window? it should have, and my best guess is that it is waiting for the login window to open, but something is stopping it...
I tried it as well and I have the same issue. It stays at 0%.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
well simply put very old versions stored the data as a .ini file, the last versions stored data as .json, and now it is in a proper .sqlite3 database. the new version looks for the old .json and imports the data, but the old version is not aware of the new .sqlite3 so it will not do anything with it.they will be like two separate configs. this change was made so that storing and reading data is faster and more reliable (hopefully no more "config is corrupt" errors)

did it ever show a login window? it should have, and my best guess is that it is waiting for the login window to open, but something is stopping it...
Correct
update, import bookmarks or watched threads stays at 0%. The cursor does change to a cursor with a loading circle but for less than a second then it goes back to regular state and nothing happens

No login windows opens and it's unknown what's stopping it

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Sttav GAB so:
- meh news: also happens to me, atleast its not an issue on you guy's ends, but still its an issue
- bad news: the builds disable console output so its kinda hard to figure out the issue :HideThePain:
ill look more into it now

update: found the cause, yet to find a solution

Last edited:
Reactions: CCrusader

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Sttav GAB can you guys give the latest build a try?
build 169

good news:
I can use screenshot tool on the app
error screen shows what the issue is

bad news:
login window failure
1655172045231.png
log.txt says another instance of f95checker is running but i checked and only 1 is indeed running

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
build 169

good news:
I can use screenshot tool on the app
error screen shows what the issue is

bad news:
login window failure
View attachment 1869460
log.txt says another instance of f95checker is running but i checked and only 1 is indeed running
Yea that’s the issue I had reproduced too...
The app runs using OpenGL and the login window does too, so they don’t run work in the same process. To show the login window I need to spawn a new process for the login window, and on Linux this is done properly by forking the parent process, so it still counts as the same instance... windows on the other hand doesn’t have forking, and apparently it doesn’t even consider subprocesses... I added a skip to the instance check if it’s in a multiprocess but I was unable to test it because windows decided to be quirky yesterday and OpenGL just decided to not work at all with me doing nothing to break it... windows be like “gLgEtInTeGErV iNvAlId OpErAtIoN!!!1!1!”. Now we know my half assed fix didn’t work, I’ll find something else...

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
A question from someone mostly clueless. :)
The (Linux) builds on GitHub, do they have any requirements or are they self contained? i.e do I need QT-thisorthatlib etc already installed?

The 169 build runs, I can add a game, but I don't get a window to connect. Just the the same login failure window as above. And the same log.txt
This is on Ubuntu 22.04

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
The (Linux) builds on GitHub, do they have any requirements or are they self contained?
all the builds, excluding the source zip of course, should be self contained. however some common prerequisites might be required, like maybe having the base qt installed, but i am unsure of that. either way if they need to be installed chances are they come preinstalled in most distros and even windows

And the same log.txt
This is on Ubuntu 22.04
so on linux too you get the error of another instance already running...? :HideThePain:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
ok so i reworked the subprocess system for the login window entirely, now its a proper separate standalone process, it should not even attempt to check if another f95checker instance is running.
i pushed to github, the artifacts are still building and should be ready in about 10 minutes
Jarulf Sttav GAB

Reactions: Jarulf

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
ok so i reworked the subprocess system for the login window entirely, now its a proper separate standalone process
Jarulf Sttav GAB
And it worked! Thank you, now to explore the tool a little more for the first time. :)
I get a log.txt, but it doesn't seem to be actual error messages as far as I can tell, except possibly the last line?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I get a log.txt, but it doesn't seem to be actual error messages as far as I can tell, except possibly the last line?
that is sort of expected behavior. i didnt enable that output explicitly and in qt5 it was not present, but qt6 has debug information enabled by default for webview widgets and to be honest i dont even want to disable it, it might come in handy later on. the bottom messaage with expect troubles is also sent by qt6 and its a c++ level, not python level, so i cant do much about it i dont think. all that means is that the webview was closeed while some scripts were still running or whatever... for login purposes this is fine since all the tool cares about is the cookies set by the login endpoint, way before the webview is destroyed

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Well, everything seems to work as expected so far. And when everything crashes and my computer is a pile of ash, I'll let you know ;)

Anyway, thank you for both sharing this with us and helping out.

• Red Heart

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I've been adding the games and everything seems to work great (except that one game I have to run under wine - didn't really expect that one to start. Besides, my wine install is... odd.)

One thing I'd love to see sometime down the road, is being able to sort the games by name or even searching. I'm sure someone already has suggested this.

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
ok so i reworked the subprocess system for the login window entirely, now its a proper separate standalone process, it should not even attempt to check if another f95checker instance is running.
i pushed to github, the artifacts are still building and should be ready in about 10 minutes
Jarulf Sttav GAB
Doesn't work. I get this error message.

Screenshot_1.png

• Sad

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I get this error message.
god damn it :HideThePain:

except that one game I have to run under wine - didn't really expect that one to start. Besides, my wine install is... odd.
im guessing thats because you normally run it using a multiple argument command... well either way one thing i do often is make a simple script file to launch the game, mark it executable, and then set the game executable to that.

One thing I'd love to see sometime down the road, is being able to sort the games by name or even searching. I'm sure someone already has suggested this.
i call the main view a list but really its a table. if you look at the top there is a table header with the column names. you can click a column header to sort by that column, click again to invert the sort, or right click the header to select more columns. the optons you select in list mode are synced with grid mode, but you can change them only from list mode. the input bar at the bottom is both for adding games and to search them! quick tip: you an right click the bottom input bar and the refresh button to get more info on how they work!

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Doesn't work. I get this error message.
think i found the issue, and its the age old annoyance. you have a space in your path. it was a small distraction error on my end, i pushed a fix and the build is almost done!

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
think i found the issue, and its the age old annoyance. you have a space in your path. it was a small distraction error on my end, i pushed a fix and the build is almost done!
Works perfectly now. This looks beautiful mad props, I just have a little request if you can. In the previous version, every game that you haven't completed, the text was red and it was so convenient. Is it possible to add it to this version too?

Reactions: WillyJL and Jarulf

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
well either way one thing i do often is make a simple script file to launch the game, mark it executable, and then set the game executable to that.
Which is what I did, and it runs from the terminal but not from within F95Check. But I'm sure this is due to me having a messed up wine install. It's just the one game.

i call the main view a list but really its a table. if you look at the top there is a table header with the column names. you can click a column header to sort by that column, click again to invert the
Oh, I did not see that before. I had to uncheck Manual Sort, but now it works.

the input bar at the bottom is both for adding games and to search them! quick tip: you an right click the bottom input bar and the refresh button to get more info on how they work!
And now I feel stupid. Thank you, again.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes