Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
From what I read F95checker accesses the site directly. Out of curiosity what does my ISP see when it does this?
f95checker basically acts the same as a browser would, because f95zone does not have a simple api to get game info yet, so to get that information it needs to load the thread OPs just like a browser would. for checking updates its a bit simpler, it just checks for redirects (when the game is updated the title is usually changed to include the new version, and when titles change the url also changes, so this makes a redirect happen). but yeah same as what a browser would leak to your isp, which is mostly just that you are visiting f95zone.to, but they shouldnt be able to know what youre doing on there. if you want to hide that stuff then you should really look into changing dns servers and using a vpn, because no different client application will hide that stuff, they would all need to connect to f95zone in some way or another.

also check the FAQ section in OP, that has some more info (also the "about the speed" section for info on the redirects)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Finally managed to make some peace with browser webviews, hopefully now the login window should be quite stable. and as a side effect, i recycled the code and implemented the integrated browser as a way to open any webpage! now instead of not having a browser selected by default, the pages will open in an integrated browser window. this browser is always in private mode, but each time you open it your login cookies are injected into it so to f95zone youre always logged in. as you might notice from the split second it came up in the video, f95zone might complain sometimes when you try to see / change your account details, but to quickly see details for a game or grabbing a download link this works just fine!

View attachment Record_select-area_20221216040230.mp4

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Finally managed to make some peace with browser webviews, hopefully now the login window should be quite stable. and as a side effect, i recycled the code and implemented the integrated browser as a way to open any webpage! now instead of not having a browser selected by default, the pages will open in an integrated browser window. this browser is always in private mode, but each time you open it your login cookies are injected into it so to f95zone youre always logged in. as you might notice from the split second it came up in the video, f95zone might complain sometimes when you try to see / change your account details, but to quickly see details for a game or grabbing a download link this works just fine!
Ehhh...Nice job, but I'd still rather use chrome.

Reactions: WillyJL

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
implemented the integrated browser as a way to open any webpage!
cool, that might actually come in handy...

What I mean is... don't know if this has ever been asked, but if one adds a link into the notes, could you convert it into a clickable link on display?

LOL, just noticed the times of the last couple of builds... and from your website I understand you're very close to my timezone. :LOL: damn...

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
LOL, just noticed the times of the last couple of builds... and from your website I understand you're very close to my timezone. :LOL: damn...
yeah... sleep schedule is *very* fucked up :ROFLMAO: thanks for reminding me lol, ill catch some shut eye now :sleep:

cool, that might actually come in handy...
yeah... of course all browsers work as before, but atleast now the default doesnt just give up opening webpages, and also this could be genuinely useful to some folks: say you dont want to leave traces of f95zone stuff, but you dont want 2 browsers, so youd want to use private mode, but you also want to be always logged in; sure, theres the "download pages" option, but that can be quite restrictive. this instead popups up a small dedicated browser, logged in, in private mode, that stores absolutely nothing longterm.

What I mean is... don't know if this has ever been asked, but if one adds a link into the notes, could you convert it into a clickable link on display?
and this integrated browser atuff has nothing to do with clickable links in textboxes xD. but i do see what you mean! however i dont think its doable, sorry

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
yeah... sleep schedule is *very* fucked up :ROFLMAO: thanks for reminding me lol, ill catch some shut eye now :sleep:
You're not alone there... LOL, I sorely need some myself but have to be up at 10 again and I fear I might not wake up in time if I give in now.

and this integrated browser atuff has nothing to do with clickable links in textboxes xD. but i do see what you mean! however i dont think its doable, sorry
LOL, I know, but it was the browser thing that reminded me to ask.

I'm guessing it all hinges on the fact if it's possible to detect on which part of the note text a click happens and being able to regexp-tract the text to determine if it's a textlink?

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I'm guessing it all hinges on the fact if it's possible to detect on which part of the note text a click happens and being able to regexp-tract the text to determine if it's a textlink?
essentially yes, but abstraction makes it much harder, basically impossible, for me to implement it on my side. you see making an interface is difficult because you need to keep track of so many things: spacing, position, sizing, offsets, font sizes, colors, scrolling, overlays, and then just think about correlating all those factors to the inputs you get from a mouse and a keyboard! thats why we use toolkits to do this stuff. i can just say:
Python:
changed, game.notes = imgui.input_text_multiline(
    "game_notes_widget",
    value=game.notes,
    width=imgui.get_content_region_available_width(),
    height=450
)
if changed:
    db.save_game_details(game, "notes")
now, this is a bit simplified, but thats essentially what happens in the info popup in the notes tab. ask imgui to show an input text widget, which has multiple lines support, give it a width (in this case the maximum available width) and a height for the text box, a value for the current notes text and receive back the new notest text plus a "changed" boolean for whether the user has modified the notes text. then if they were changed, go ahead and save those changes to the database. in reality the actual code is a bit more complex because i had to add in the right click support, but the main functionality is just like that. now, i have no clue where the user clicked. yeah i could use the mouse position and relate that to the draw cursor position to get the relative mouse offset inside the textbox, but the textbox has scrolling... and still, id have to account for returns (as in going to next line in the text), line height and still i dont know where the textbox was scrolled to. thats because all those implementation details are handled by imgui, which is the one getting the hands dirty handling all the difficult stuff and letting me have an easier life just saying "yeah sure show a textbox here, i dont care too much about it". if i wanted to implement this id have to change imgui itself and implement it there, and that becomes a problem because, as we established, imgui is a very complex piece of software (just think about it being 50k lines of code, and thats of C++ code, not kids languages like the python im using) that make others lives easier... and while finding where the logic for it would go in imgui itself is not that hard, just a simple ripgrep in the source code, actually implementing it would be difficult in C++, and even then id have to find a decent way to communicate the newfound information back to the user-level imgui code (the imgui.input_text_multiline()) because the widget is a text box, designed to allow editing text, nothing to do with urls.

Reactions: FaceCrap

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
just had the app crash. I opened the folder where f95checker is located. launched f95checker again and meanwhile looked at at log.txt

the text was blank and forgot if there's another folder where crash log are located or if log.txt clears itself during each new launch

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
just had the app crash. I opened the folder where f95checker is located. launched f95checker again and meanwhile looked at at log.txt

the text was blank and forgot if there's another folder where crash log are located or if log.txt clears itself during each new launch
nope, and log.txt is cleared each launch

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Ooohhh, nifty :love:

Got an idea for that, but since nothing is set in stone yet on that end I'm gonna wait suggesting it, might also come from a different source ;)

Aside from that, why not also include the links for walkthrough mods if present?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Aside from that, why not also include the links for walkthrough mods if present?
this is mostly a very basic parser, it just looks ffor "download" or "downloads" and then keeps grabbing text until it finds an image, so most walkthroughs and ports nd things like that will be picked up. but, this only accounts for the OP and most mods and walkthroughs are usually links to comments or other posts on f95. wht i will do is that those buttons will behae diferently based on the link they represent, because at the end of the day there are 3 different type of links: direct download links (like uploadhaven), masked download links (like mega, when you click it asks for a captcha) and f95 links (to comments or other threads). what i will do is probably that clicking on the links will always open them in your chosen browser, but with right click or middle click (still have to figure out the details) its meant to copy the link, but of course it doesnt make sense for masked links so those will open a browser, make you complete the captcha, then close and copy the real link for you; and for thread/comment f95 links they wwill open regardless, again copying those is kinda pointless

Got an idea for that, but since nothing is set in stone yet on that end I'm gonna wait suggesting it, might also come from a different source ;)
go ahead, its better to know upfront than having to factor it in later

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
View attachment 2252034

This comes up every so often.
Might have been a good idea to report earlier then. Anyway I’m aware of that and fixed it some time ago, still not released publicly tho. Try the latest beta (check FAQ on how to do that)

EDIT: I read that wrong as “comes up very often”, my response was undeservedly rude, sorry. Now that I think about it, that error could be due to 2 things, bothto do with the login, one due to not being able to tell if you are logged in, the other due to f95zone sending back a captcha page. The firstone is fixed, the second one I tried to fix but haven’t been able to test yet because I haven’t had f95zone reply with a captcha yet. Either way let me know if you encounter it again with the new build

Last edited:
Reactions: abc123xyz

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
this is mostly a very basic parser, it just looks ffor "download" or "downloads" and then keeps grabbing text until it finds an image, so most walkthroughs and ports nd things like that will be picked up. but, this only accounts for the OP and most mods and walkthroughs are usually links to comments or other posts on f95. wht i will do is that those buttons will behae diferently based on the link they represent, because at the end of the day there are 3 different type of links: direct download links (like uploadhaven), masked download links (like mega, when you click it asks for a captcha) and f95 links (to comments or other threads). what i will do is probably that clicking on the links will always open them in your chosen browser, but with right click or middle click (still have to figure out the details) its meant to copy the link, but of course it doesnt make sense for masked links so those will open a browser, make you complete the captcha, then close and copy the real link for you; and for thread/comment f95 links they wwill open regardless, again copying those is kinda pointless
I've had a couple of thoughts about including the walkthroughs in the app.

One is that there is no enforceable standard on F95 for posting mods (WT and others) on the OP. The devs call it different things (Mod, WT, WT Mod, Walkthrough, Walkthrough Mod, Cheat Mod, Music Mod, Music/Cheating Mod/WT+), just to name a few. The list can keep going on and future listings could also be different. This would make it extremely difficult to implement and Willy would need to make future changes to keep it going.

Two, some mods are a post within the game thread while others are on their own pages. I don't think this will have any effect, but included.

Three, mods can already be added to the app and it appears in your list as MOD. I also include a label in the game name that I use a mod and include in the notes more specific information about it (mod name if different from usual, etc).

A couple of examples:

1671624761286.png
1671624798927.png
1671624842720.png

FYI WillyJL , there is a small bug or issue with the label thingy. When more than one word for the label, it appears as a small dot with the first letter. I have to put a space between each letter to get it to appear as above.

I feel that it would be too much work for too little gain to add this to the app.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
...snip...
I feel that it would be too much work for too little gain to add this to the app.
My thoughts exactly, that’s why I went for the compromise of doing the download section, it catches to birds with one stone: shows the actual downloads, and somewhat includes walkthroughs and mods without going out of the way to implement a half assed broken integration

FYI @WillyJL , there is a small bug or issue with the label thingy. When more than one word for the label, it appears as a small dot with the first letter. I have to put a space between each letter to get it to appear as above.
That’s actually how I intended it, because depending on how many labels you add it can get very cluttered, so what I did is that it shows the first letter of each word, sort of like an acronym, so you choose what is shown. The idea started when someone suggested icons, which I also suggest you give a shot (right click the text box to add icons), so that the name would have the full text but the label in list view would only have the icon. I felt that was a bit too restrictive so I made it so the user can choose what to show, for example in your case I would do “[hammer_icon]Uses M o d”, that way in list view it shows “[icon]Mod” but when I hover over it I see the full text. Other examples that come to mind would be “[icon] Sand Box” so you see “[icon]SB” and “[icon] Walk Through” so you see “[icon]WT”

Reactions: GrammerCop

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I made it so the user can choose what to show, for example in your case I would do “[hammer_icon]Uses M o d”, that way in list view it shows “[icon]Mod” but when I hover over it I see the full text. Other examples that come to mind would be “[icon] Sand Box” so you see “[icon]SB” and “[icon] Walk Through” so you see “[icon]WT”
I noticed this dot thing too, but I got around it by using "[icon]Label1+Label2" (so no spaces) to have only the icon show in the list without any first letters... downside being that the icon takes up more width than you would expect

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes