Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Since hotkey is just a possibility and not certain to be implemented

Feature request: Disable soft scrolling (or whatever excel calls it)
Similar to excel, disable the soft scrolling so that thread name are not cut off anymore
1670752102772.png

Instead it scrolls per line and there are no chances of having any lines cut off and hard to read
EXCEL_z9jQGSlPuK.gif

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Can you also add "saving labels on exit", so that this panel stays open when you start the program?
this is getting ridiculous, i hope you realize it

Also It would be nice to make it so that the second time you click on the label it is removed from the filter. Now it works like this - two clicks on the label gives two identical labels to the filter
when i considered it i said it was not gonna be a checkbox, it is not a checkbox, it will not act like a checkbox

Since hotkey is just a possibility and not certain to be implemented

Feature request: Disable soft scrolling (or whatever excel calls it)
Similar to excel, disable the soft scrolling so that thread name are not cut off anymore
1670752102772.png
1670752102772.png

Instead it scrolls per line and there are no chances of having any lines cut off and hard to read
EXCEL_z9jQGSlPuK.gif
also getting a bit ridiculous. if you really need this disable smooth scrolling and play around with the scroll multiplier. but if you need to move accurately between games why not just open the popup for the first one then move with the keyboard arrows?

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
also getting a bit ridiculous. if you really need this disable smooth scrolling and play around with the scroll multiplier. but if you need to move accurately between games why not just open the popup for the first one then move with the keyboard arrows?
you're right it is ridiculous. So ridiculous in fact I figured out that there was a setting for scroll mult and found the near-perfect value for it... but you provided a much simpler solution

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyJL

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
you're right it is ridiculous. So ridiculous in fact I figured out that there was a setting for scroll mult and found the near-perfect value for it... but you provided a much simpler solution
WAIT NO!! the main issue is because the picture is of different height, the buttons are at a different position each time and won't work for this automation project I'm working on. So yeah it is a problem (for me, not for you) but it's ok if you don't implement it WillyJL

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
WAIT NO!! the main issue is because the picture is of different height, the buttons are at a different position each time and won't work for this automation project I'm working on. So yeah it is a problem (for me, not for you) but it's ok if you don't implement it WillyJL
I said keyboard arrows for a reason

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
I said keyboard arrows for a reason
Not exactly ok then. Like i said, the button will change position because the banner picture isn't always the same size so you'll get something like this
F95Checker_OlI91JW8Xx.gif

Since I can't use hotkey button, I'm telling the cursor to go to a precise point and do a mouse click. If the button is at a different place, everything is fucked

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Not exactly ok then. Like i said, the button will change position because the banner picture isn't always the same size so you'll get something like this
View attachment 2229866

Since I can't use hotkey button, I'm telling the cursor to go to a precise point and do a mouse click. If the button is at a different place, everything is fucked
Fair enough you have a point, my bad

Reactions: GAB

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
View attachment 2229866

i found the nice option "Keep game images" in the sidebar under Images. With a touch of Gimp it would be enough to keep all images in a fixed size... maybe?

GERTRUD12

Jun 12, 2017
Hey there, I might be missing something really obvious, but when ever the app gets an update and I try to download it via the program, the update does its thing and then nothing happens, after three minutes i expect the program to open again but it doesn't. When I open the program again (even though it says not to) it asks me to update again, is there anyway to fix this? nothing has changed basically.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hey there, I might be missing something really obvious, but when ever the app gets an update and I try to download it via the program, the update does its thing and then nothing happens, after three minutes i expect the program to open again but it doesn't. When I open the program again (even though it says not to) it asks me to update again, is there anyway to fix this? nothing has changed basically.
some older versions have a broken updater. update manually

GERTRUD12

Jun 12, 2017
some older versions have a broken updater. update manually
Alright! The version I have is v9.6 I have been updating manually for (I think) the last three updates (because of the same issue), would you suggest I delete the program and then reextract it for it to work? Also, if I delete the folder will that remove all the game I have in the program, will I have to add all of them again?

edit: spelling.

Last edited:

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Also, if I delete the folder will that remove all the game I have in the program, will I add all of them again?
no, that is stored in an other place. even back in v8.5h3 the data wasn't stored with the binaries (well, scripts back then). If no real error shows up, your data should be save.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Alright! The version I have is v9.6 I have been updating manually for (I think) the last three updates (because of the same issue), would you suggest I delete the program and then reextract it for it to work? Also, if I delete the folder will that remove all the game I have in the program, will I add all of them again?
yes just delete and download again. as unroot said the data is stored somewhere else (check FAQ if you want)

Reactions: GERTRUD12

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Running 9.6.2 build 877 I did a refresh. There was a game update and when I closed that notification, behind it was a message asking me if I wanted to update to 9.6.2 :FacePalm:
So I clicked "More Info" out of curiosity and after a few moments it bombed, showing this nice dialog

1670879247403.png

Wanting to be sure, I did the same thing again, no game update this time, same update dialog popped, clicked "More Info" again, nothing happened... :unsure:

Might be a fluke, might be because there was a game update prompt showing on top the first time...

Even so... bit weird to ask if I want to update if I run a later 9.6.2 build

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Even so... bit weird to ask if I want to update if I run a later 9.6.2 build
so the update checker checks for newer version numbers, but if you are on the same version number on a beta, and there is a version with same number but not beta, then it prompts to update because normally i would have made those builds before the update, so it is prompting you to update from the beta for 9.6.2 to the stable 9.6.2. the problem is that i worked on it after 9.6.2 and made a build without changing the version number

So I clicked "More Info" out of curiosity and after a few moments it bombed, showing this nice dialog
problem with the right click menu. just fixed it

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
i found the nice option "Keep game images" in the sidebar under Images. With a touch of Gimp it would be enough to keep all images in a fixed size... maybe?
Tried it and if you meant to edit each pictures so they,re the same height? I'd rather not spend my time of 1400 picture threads

dividead

May 1, 2017
If there a way to receive a notification when certain selected games receive an update outside of this tool? I don't need all the features this has nor do I want to install it.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
If there a way to receive a notification when certain selected games receive an update outside of this tool? I don't need all the features this has nor do I want to install it.
f95zone doesnt have something like that built in, so youll need something made by a third party. and most update checkers there are also act as game managers, because well thats usually very useful to do those together. i myself started programming f95checker as an update checker (and as yo ucan see this still lingers in its name), and now this is more of a manager type of tool because i realized myself that it makes complete sense to have these twoi things handled by the same program. however if you only need this to check updates you can hide literally everything from the interface:
1670977863053.png 1
(even the version you could disable if you really wanted to)
then when theres an update you get a popup for it. or you can put it into background mode (aka tray icon) and it will notify you like any other application on the system would. and i hate to be cocky but with 13 5-star reviews and hundreds in very kind donations, i think you can piece together that this might be one of the best options you have, but feel free to shop around

if instead you dont want to install anything at all, well then youre very likely out of luck

other very good options could be these ones:
https://f95zone.to/threads/f95updateschecker-v1-5-0.66404/
https://f95zone.to/threads/yam-yet-another-manager-v2-6-2-recaptcha-supported.66991/
https://f95zone.to/threads/f95-favorite-games-updates-v1-2-0.44538/
or of course game list which is stickied in this forum, but thats literally the worst option if you only need to check updates, thats the kind of program that also pours the coffee for you

Last edited:
Reactions: dividead

dividead

May 1, 2017
From what I read F95checker accesses the site directly. Out of curiosity what does my ISP see when it does this?

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes