Tool YAM: Yet Another Manager [v2.6.2] (reCAPTCHA supported)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Jun 17, 2019
yamPreview.png

YAM: Yet Another Manager

A common story: too many games, too many updates, and too much effort to keep your library in order.
On this platform there are already several applications to notify any game updates on your PC, unfortunately either they are not "simple" enough or they only serve to notify updates. Since something that satisfied me was not there, I decided to create it myself and, since I am a compulsive of things done well, I tried to make it as "mainstream" and as simple as possible.

Warning: An account for F95Zone is required to use the application, two-factor authentication is not supported

In order to solve the CAPTCHA test it is necessary to authorize the application through the firewall, this is because a local server is created to "capture" the CAPTCHA test from the site.

For any problem or suggestion, feel free to open an issue or write a message in the thread.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The source code of the application is available on . If you know Electron/Javascript/Node JS/HTML/CSS and want to contribute feel free to open a PR! You can also help translate the application into your language on !

Last edited:

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
This looks great, can't wait to try it out!

Do the games have to be installed? I have a ton of games bookmarked that I checked periodically to see if there are updates.

Jun 17, 2019
Hi DarkMask!
Do the games have to be installed? I have a ton of games bookmarked that I checked periodically to see if there are updates.
Right now, the games must be present on the PC. It's still a nice feature to add!

As soon as I have finished fixing a few bugs here and there and modified the game update mode, I will implement it!

Reactions: DarkMask
Jun 17, 2019
Hi 3xd_tango!
do you have feature planning of android release? electron to react-native or expo
No, I am not planning to develop a port for iOS/Android. There are two main reasons:
  • Although many games can also be used on mobile devices (ie. developed with Ren'py) they are only a minority
  • Since electron is only intended for desktop development, creating a mobile application requires rewriting the app from scratch

billgladen

Nov 22, 2020
This is exactly what I needed for my ever-growing collection, since I discovered this amazing community.
I'll follow closely the development on this one.

I do have one small gripe, games with thread titles that contain invalid characters for folder names can't be added, they're not detected (e.g. 'Kelly's Family: Mother in Law' contains a colon).

Best of luck with your project!

Reactions: FreakyHD

Ambivalence

Oct 7, 2019
This is great! One suggestion I have is possibly a "bookmarks" tab where you could in one-click add games to your local machine from your bookmarks. I would try to help as I have some familiarity with Electron, although I'm not sure how to scrape F95 for the bookmarks data. Anyway, keep up the great work! (y)

Jun 17, 2019
I do have one small gripe, games with thread titles that contain invalid characters for folder names can't be added, they're not detected (e.g. 'Kelly's Family: Mother in Law' contains a colon).
I know, the error was caused by a badly written regex. I have already fixed the problem and will include the bugfix in the next build. (y)

One suggestion I have is possibly a "bookmarks" tab where you could in one-click add games to your local machine from your bookmarks.
By bookmark do you mean the user's watchlist on F95 or a list of favorites inside the application?
I have only just discovered the existence of bookmarks but TBH I have not the faintest idea how to use them o_O

I would try to help as I have some familiarity with Electron, although I'm not sure how to scrape F95 for the bookmarks data.
You would be more than welcome! As for scraping you can take a cue from library, then as soon as I have time then I can try to add this feature.

Thanks everyone for the support! :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: FreakyHD

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
Any plans on supporting Non-F95Zone games? I've got a handful of games that I'd like to use manager to manage so I know what I have.

Jun 17, 2019
Any plans on supporting Non-F95Zone games? I've got a handful of games that I'd like to use manager to manage so I know what I have.
Hi DarkMask!

Forgive me if I didn't answer you right away, I've been a little busy lately.

I'm going to add the option for games not present on the platform, but I can't tell you when I will be able to implement the change.

First I have to fix the workflow of the application, which has grown a bit messy, then I will add any other features

Reactions: DarkMask

billgladen

Nov 22, 2020
I really, really like the clean and modern interface. There are other tools for managing the games on this site but yours is by far the best in terms of looks. And it's fast.

Regarding content, can I ask, do you plan to add a tagging system? It would be useful for people with large collections, like me :).
Another useful feature would be a toggle to display installed games only (not to actually check if it's installed or not, just a toggle that I can manually switch).

Jun 17, 2019
Hi billgladen!

I really, really like the clean and modern interface. There are other tools for managing the games on this site but yours is by far the best in terms of looks. And it's fast.
Thanks! I'm glad this application is useful to you!

Regarding content, can I ask, do you plan to add a tagging system? It would be useful for people with large collections, like me :).
Search improvement is definitely on my to-do list, I plan to improve the search by allowing you to filter by tag (include and/or exclude), status and possibly even graphics engine.

Another useful feature would be a toggle to display installed games only (not to actually check if it's installed or not, just a toggle that I can manually switch).
The games that are present in the application are those that have been added manually by the user

Mango Fruit

Nov 23, 2017
Thanks for a handy app!

I think I'll also try this out to keep track with updates for games without going to do a "supported installation" for the play from client feature as most games does not take long to complete and managing the game installation directory takes longer than I do like to allocate to. I did also find out that selecting a random folder for the "installation" shows as a installed version so I can wait for updates without missing one.

It would be a cool if there could be a smaller list view where there is a small game wallpaper, name, version and if any updates are present. Might be a nice feature that there would be a tickbox or something where you can mark that you have completed the current version. Also a place for handwritten note would be a great, like you could write that "start new save" if there is a notification on the game page that old saves does not work or a note that would inform that new in-game mod has not yet been updated.

Atm I make a .txt files on the folder of the game for those notes and I could continue doing the same.

Looking forward for more updates. :)

Jun 17, 2019
Thanks for a handy app!
Thanks to you for the support!

It would be a cool if there could be a smaller list view where there is a small game wallpaper, name, version and if any updates are present. Might be a nice feature that there would be a tickbox or something where you can mark that you have completed the current version. Also a place for handwritten note would be a great, like you could write that "start new save" if there is a notification on the game page that old saves does not work or a note that would inform that new in-game mod has not yet been updated.
I'll put it on the to-do list, especially the minimized list view

Looking forward for more updates. :)
At the moment I am rewriting the APIs that allow the application to obtain data from the platform in Typescript, once completed and tested I will concentrate on rewriting the manager.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote