Tool YAM: Yet Another Manager [v2.6.2] (reCAPTCHA supported)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
Sure, I haven't had much time lately but I'll put some more work into it this weekend.

If you're planning to add any features or I'm missing something, let me know and I'll add it to the mockup so we can get an idea of what it would look like and how it will function.

Jun 17, 2019
Sure, I haven't had much time lately but I'll put some more work into it this weekend.

If you're planning to add any features or I'm missing something, let me know and I'll add it to the mockup so we can get an idea of what it would look like and how it will function.
Yep, for now I just looking to understand how to implement it, until August/September I don't think I have time to work on it seriously.

TheRequestor

Apr 28, 2021
Possible to add multi version of a same game?
Example: F95/Renpy/Game Name/Version/

Last edited:

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Dec 31, 2017
I don't think I will implement this feature, the main purpose of the application is to keep the games present in the device up to date and this function would be counterintuitive (if I understand what you mean).
Actually, I think it a good idea, not for the version but for multi episodes for the same game (Example: Rebirth, Fashion Business, Cure My Addiction & etc). It will be like "Game Name/(Custom Name)/" The custom name can be an episode or an old version or a diff quality edition (720p/1080p).

I like your graphics interface; it is much cleaner than Game Manager; functionality then Game Manager will be better as it could track other episode or edition. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019
Actually, I think it a good idea, not for the version but for multi episodes for the same game (Example: Rebirth, Fashion Business, Cure My Addiction & etc). It will be like "Game Name/(Custom Name)/" The custom name can be an episode or an old version or a diff quality edition (720p/1080p).
Ah of course, in that way it makes sense. I thought he meant something like "I keep version 0.5 and as well as 0.7 and I can decide which to play". I already had to implement this feature in the new version but I still have to try to understand how to distinguish the chapters/versions of the same "series" of games, as they are all grouped under a single thread. Probably the addition will be manual.

Reactions: Techstar

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Dec 31, 2017
Ah of course, in that way it makes sense. I thought he meant something like "I keep version 0.5 and as well as 0.7 and I can decide which to play". I already had to implement this feature in the new version but I still have to try to understand how to distinguish the chapters/versions of the same "series" of games, as they are all grouped under a single thread. Probably the addition will be manual.
Yes, Manual will be much simple to implement as every dev do name the game differently.

Reactions: abada25
Jun 17, 2019
Hi abada25!

Hey, just curious how hard it would be to set manual image previews?
Probably in the next version I will add more customization capacity but for the moment it is not possible to set the preview manually, the application automatically downloads the cover on F95.

If the image is not updated try to remove and add the game again.

ChaosDMNS

Sep 18, 2018
You need to fix the window size problem... every time I open the program it drops down a line or something.. so after a few times it will eventually be big enough to trigger a second row of games and the scroll bar pops up. You already have an issue with the scroll bar or status bar.. maybe adding a status bar would fix the issue? I dunno. but only thing that doesn't mess everything up and looks like crap, and also hides the number and arrowbuttons if more than one row. the windows doesn't fit right anymore then.

right now I can only drag it as small as possible.. back to default size. then wait for it to grow bigger ever time I open it. until the size mess starts again. it's not a big deal for me.. just annoying.

ohh.. btw.. Great program... it's buggy yeah.. but atleast I don't have to manually edit the database and fix errors all the time like I had to with Game-List..
Yeah. it has more features.. but They are almost all buggy. So I had to give it up.

This is simple enough so that I can just fast and easy check if my games need to be updated or not.
Hope you add the feature to add non F95 games to it later. maybe you can add a feature to add a forum post url and it will alert us if it's been edited, or if a webpage has been updated. shouldn't be too hard. Doesn't really need to parse anything. just report a change on the url, and let the user check for him self if there is an update for their non F95 game.

Last edited:

ChaosDMNS

Sep 18, 2018
Hi TheRequestor!

I don't think I will implement this feature, the main purpose of the application is to keep the games present in the device up to date and this function would be counterintuitive (if I understand what you mean).
Actually it would be nice to add more than one version. as several games has like one standalone game for every day/chapter/act/book etc. and some of the older chapters still get updated with bug fixes. and they all share a single F95 Page.

Like https://f95zone.to/threads/dating-my-daughter-ch-1-4-v0-31-mrdots-games.597/ has 4 Standalone renpy games downloads, one for each chapter.

and https://f95zone.to/threads/daughter-for-dessert-ch-19-palmer-love-joint.5291/ has 19 standalone chapters

https://f95zone.to/threads/double-homework-ep-18-palmer-love-joint.28238/ has 18

Jun 17, 2019
Hi, I'm really sorry for the delay

You need to fix the window size problem... every time I open the program it drops down a line or something.. so after a few times it will eventually be big enough to trigger a second row of games and the scroll bar pops up. You already have an issue with the scroll bar or status bar.. maybe adding a status bar would fix the issue? I dunno. but only thing that doesn't mess everything up and looks like crap, and also hides the number and arrowbuttons if more than one row. the windows doesn't fit right anymore then.
Are you using YAM on a 1080p screen? This is the drawback of developing on a laptop witha crappy resolution as 1366xSomething. I'll try to fix this.

ohh.. btw.. Great program... it's buggy yeah.. but atleast I don't have to manually edit the database and fix errors all the time like I had to with Game-List..
Yeah. it has more features.. but They are almost all buggy. So I had to give it up.
Sorry to hear this. On my end all works correctly, "Suggested games" aside (I'll remove this in the next update).
What kind of bugs do you experience?

Actually it would be nice to add more than one version. as several games has like one standalone game for every day/chapter/act/book etc. and some of the older chapters still get updated with bug fixes. and they all share a single F95 Page.
Yes, I already had in mind to do it, I just have to understand how to "distinguish" the different versions. If I can't automate the process, let it be the user to define them

Jun 17, 2019
yay!

Finally I managed to solve the captcha problem, everything should work, for various problems open an issue on Github!

NucleiAroma

Mar 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with the latest version where after signing in and solving the captcha, I get an infinite number of black popup windows and the application freezes. I had to move my Task Manager to the other monitor in order to access it because the popups kept covering my Task Manager.
Anytime I try and sign in now I get this issue and I can't figure out how to get ride of it. It does say login successful, but I can't use the program.

Jun 17, 2019
I'm having an issue with the latest version where after signing in and solving the captcha, I get an infinite number of black popup windows and the application freezes. I had to move my Task Manager to the other monitor in order to access it because the popups kept covering my Task Manager.
Anytime I try and sign in now I get this issue and I can't figure out how to get ride of it. It does say login successful, but I can't use the program.
Hi GlowingStoneGem!

• On which platform are you using the program?
  • Is this your first time using it or have you installed an update directly from the app?

Last edited:

NucleiAroma

Mar 29, 2019
Hi GlowingStoneGem!

• On which platform are you using the program?
  • Is this your first time using it or have you installed an update directly from the app?
I'm using it on Windows platform. I was using the previous version without issues (other than the occasional login issue). I did some trial and error testing and I believe I figured out where the issue is coming from.
In my "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\yam" folder I tried 1 at a time deleting and restoring files until the issue no longer occurred. The only file that I could delete and the problem would disappear was "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\yam\appcache\games.db".
I updated by downloading the latest installer via Github, and installed it like a normal software install/update.

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Reactions: MillenniumEarl
Jun 17, 2019
Stupid me, I forgot to say that, if you install YAM as an update, you need to delete all the old databases in %appdata%/yam/appcache/*.db

daxterygonebad

May 31, 2017
I'm having a similar issue with infinite black popup windows, only it happens when I try to add any game (well, tried two A Family Venture [v.0.06] and Bad Manners [v.1.40]) using a link
  • Using Windows
  • Wasn't using a previous version
  • Have tried deleting the %appdata%/yam/ folder.
  • I think it correctly logins (I can see my logo), but there's still an error in the console (Error 11215: login -> getUserDataFromF95: Error: Error invoking remote method 'f95api': TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined)

P.S. It also doesn't work if I try to add a game by folder only, gives an error too
21:23:07.088 › Error 11219: getGameFromPaths -> getGameFromPath (Game data path: ...\Bad Manners [v.1.40]): Error: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined.

P.S.S. I think it happens when updateThreads is called.

I have attached the logs present in %appdata%/yam/logs, would appreciate help :)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote