Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
A few days ago, one of the game thread (forgot its name) was removed. F95checker asked if I want to convert it and I said yes. The game thread has been brought back but how do I revert the changes made by the checker or at least find which game was changed
you should read when it gives you information on what it will do. it says that it will convert it to a custom game. and it says that you can convert it back from its popup menu, in the custom tab.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
you should read when it gives you information on what it will do. it says that it will convert it to a custom game. and it says that you can convert it back from its popup menu, in the custom tab.
Understood. There's just one issue. I forgot which one it was. I guess I could search using the filter but I'm not sure what to input... in fact I'm not sure if it's still a custom game

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Understood. There's just one issue. I forgot which one it was. I guess I could search using the filter but I'm not sure what to input... in fact I'm not sure if it's still a custom game
if you didnt change it yourself, its still custom. custom shows as a game status, like completed or on hold. just add a filter by status and set it as custom status

Reactions: GAB

razfaz

Mar 24, 2021
Tool recomendation for the Checker SQLite3 DB. Usefull for making Backups, Data browsing, filter, custom import<->export, additional scripts, etc. etc.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ascsd and WillyJL
Jul 22, 2017
Feature Request: Make filters persistent when the tool is closed and then reopened. I have filters set up to exclude a good chunk of games for various reasons. But if my computer reboots, or the checker is closed for some reason, when I open it again, I have to set up those filters again. Not game-breaking or anything, but would be a nice QoL addition.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Feature Request: Make filters persistent when the tool is closed and then reopened. I have filters set up to exclude a good chunk of games for various reasons. But if my computer reboots, or the checker is closed for some reason, when I open it again, I have to set up those filters again. Not game-breaking or anything, but would be a nice QoL addition.
already in feature tracker, but wont happen until the filter rework, which im still not sure how im gonna do

Reactions: AllanBlackwater

razfaz

Mar 24, 2021
There is a need for a native import <-> export including all (non critical) SQL-Cols[Fields], not just Thread-Links.

XML, JSON or CSV?

Last edited:

jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
ill look into it
Btw, not sure if it helps, but choosing the folder where the exe is results in the same problem as soon as I click on that button. I also find it weird that it's trying to access the D drive since it's not the drive where the program is running and is actually in fact a restricted drive that can't have anything written on it.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
There is a need for a native import <-> export including all (non critical) SQL-Cols[Fields], not just Thread-Links.

XML, JSON or CSV?
You posted a tool yourself which is already quite capable of doing exactly that.
1678535548318.png
And if you really need XML format, there's various online tools to convert from JSON/CSV to XML:

I can understand wanting to have the tool be able to manage everything, including the kitchen sink, but this functionality would be a bit outside the scope/purpose of the tool. Plus that the tool you mentioned (which I happen to have used myself on occasion) is far better equipped for this and also allows you to do many other things that F95Checker doesn't/can't do, like reverting to a state after an accidental miss-click that changes the status/update state of a tracked game...

WillyJL I've got a small request of my own, and probably not worth the effort, but if you happen to come up with an idea how-to it'd be appreciated.
Custom Games are now identified by the Status filter. This makes it so one thing can't be set for them, and that is their actual true status. I've recently landed on (the site that should not be named but starts with an L and has an angular end) and I'm beginning to grow a small collection of Custom Games from there, some of which are already completed, but there's currently no way for me to set this as status. I've worked around this for now by using Notes or just adding it to the name.
Initially I tried using a custom label for this, but then they also turn up as kanban column... and it adds a bit of filtering problem because it gives either one (status) or the other set (label) but not both... (status complete and label complete)

I honestly don't know what the best solution would be... at first I thought about extending the status with icons that show half of the custom icon and half of the actual status, but since these are characters that turned out to be a dumb idea.
The only way I could see this work would be if the custom icon would be a label so that you can have the status set manually... but that will pose problems with already existing custom games and make it prone to accidental deletion, since these would then need to be converted somehow to have the status changed to a label if encountered. Headaches all around...

Like I said, this is just a cosmetic thing, and the filtering, well, since it's on the drawing board anyways, perhaps something to add to the list of what you come up with when you have an idea how to give this shape.
If it weren't for the fact that folks already have custom games as status and labels can be accidentally deleted, having it as a label and being able to select status manually would have been the simplest, but apart from the delete risk, going from one state to another would also require including conversion code similar to encountering a non-existing db and a json file from 8.x or earlier. With all of the additional possible pitfalls...

Oh, and a small niglet, but this one is reeeaaaall low priority...
When you try to select or place the cursor into either the description or changelog boxes of custom games, you need to start the selection/place the cursor one character to the left of the actual character where you want the selection to start/cursor to be placed.
0 vs. 1 index starting point?

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyJL and razfaz

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I also find it weird that it's trying to access the D drive since it's not the drive where the program is running and is actually in fact a restricted drive that can't have anything written on it.
It's not accessing the D drive, those log lines are "embedded" in the program due to the fact that's where the sourcefiles live when they get compiled into a binary executable.
However, the last line in that screenshot could point to the actual cause...
Does this happen with every game you try to run from within F95Checker? Or just this one?
If you click on the game to open the info screen, what is the exe entry pointing to? Screenshot might clarify what's happening here.

Last edited:

jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
It's not accessing the D drive, those log lines are "embedded" in the program due to the fact that's where the sourcefiles live when they get compiled into a binary executable.
However, the last line in that screenshot could point to the actual cause...
Does this happen with every game you try to run from within F95Checker? Or just this one?
If you click on the game to open the info screen, what is the exe entry pointing to? Screenshot might clarify what's happening here.
Every game and it's not pointing to any exe because when I try to add the exe I get the same error: 1678548835105.png
1678548874469.png

Again not sure if the E:/ drive is trying to be used by the program but it's also a drive on my system which cannot be read from / written to.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Again not sure if the E:/ drive is trying to be used by the program but it's also a drive on my system which cannot be read from / written to.
How many restricted drives do you have? o_O

Anyway, this may have been addressed already, but did you try setting the base directory?

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
This is an awesome program, been looking for a way to manage my game bucket list and after a long time thinking this I found this and its exactly what I needed. One thing I wonder though. Is there a way to sort by game prefixes, like the VN tag? I can't find the VN tag under type and it does not show it on game interface in the program, only the engine.

Reactions: MayhemSixx

jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
How many restricted drives do you have? o_O

Anyway, this may have been addressed already, but did you try setting the base directory?
1. Several. Installed w10 home instead of pro, so to encrypt external drives used veracrypt, which mounts the actual drive it's in in another partition, making the original one inaccessible.

2. Same error happens there. My guess is there's a code somewhere trying to list all the drives and instead of having a try except to add to a list, and skipping if it can't access others, it's just running the code as is? If so, perhaps a suggestion would be to try to go through each drive in a for loop and skipping those that throw exceptions? Unless it's actually the library / function that lists all the drives that's throwing the error at which point I'd recommend just looking at the path the program is running in and listing only that? I'm not sure if this is the problem though or if the solutions are viable.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
My guess is there's a code somewhere trying to list all the drives and instead of having a try except to add to a list, and skipping if it can't access others, it's just running the code as is?
Ah! Got it! I knew I had read some earlier mention of almost exactly the same issue, only there it was caused by a permission error on the drive it encountered.
The thing is, enumerating the existing drives is already enclosed in a try/except block, but the exception specifically targets permission errors.
That means that checking for the existence of the drive does not throw an exception, but something else does...
This is probably related but different enough to not get caught. The debug version could produce additional info.

Not sure if the traceback popup is enough for WillyJL to figure what goes wrong, but just in case, could you launch the debug version from within a console window?
Access the file picker to try assign an executable and copy/paste any output from that console into a
Code:
[spoiler] [/spoiler]
block? If there's content in either of the logs, attach those too.

Reactions: WillyJL

jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
Same error really :/
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Log file is empty.
If it helps, I can run snippets of python code for WillyJL outside the program to try to figure out which function is throwing the error and what could be a fix, considering he probably doesn't have a scenario where this code is running in.

Edit:

ALthough I'd be inclined to believe that if this code:
Python:
for letter in string.ascii_uppercase:
    drive = f"{letter}:\\"
    try:
        drive_exists = pathlib.Path(drive).exists()
    except PermissionError:
        drive_exists = True
Was changed to this code:
Python:
for letter in string.ascii_uppercase:
    drive = f"{letter}:\\"
    try:
        drive_exists = pathlib.Path(drive).exists()
    except PermissionError:
        drive_exists = True
    except OSError:
        drive_exists = False
it'd probably work :)

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyJL
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes