Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
In light of the recent ai-cg tag addition, do you have any ideas going forward on dealing with added tags proactively?

I know the Great Tag System Overhaul has been Coming Soon for years, but it would be quite a fiasco if it finally happened and the tool wasn't prepared to deal with it. :eek:
not sure what the tag rework would mean...
as for the tool, not sure. one solution would be to keep the tags as just text for each game, but then stuff like filtering wont be able to acknowledge them because theres no centralized list of all existing tags... probably gonna continue like now, have to manually add the tags, but maybe ill make a proper error message saying an unknown tag was detected and ignored

Reactions: Big Daddy

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
as for the tool, not sure. one solution would be to keep the tags as just text for each game, but then stuff like filtering wont be able to acknowledge them because theres no centralized list of all existing tags... probably gonna continue like now, have to manually add the tags, but maybe ill make a proper error message saying an unknown tag was detected and ignored
The ability to ignore tag error messages could be useful as well, after seeing the error once

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
as for the tool, not sure.
I was thinking parse the source of the latest updates page.
But you have a point, the rework could turn out to be more comprehensive than that. In fact, I kinda hope it does. So parsing the page could turn out to be a waste of effort.

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
you can stay there beeing retarded, but I don't trust big companies, imagine a program made by anyone
read the fucking code then and stop spreading bullshit. i agree with not trusting anyone to a certain degree, i even acknowledge this in the readme / original post:
Disclaimer:
Due to the lack of a proper F95Zone API, this tool needs to grab the threads just like a browser would, and this entails requiring an account to read spoiler content. I know you might be skeptical about inserting your account credentials into some random dude's program, and I totally agree with you if you are, but you can read through the code and you will see that this doesn't do anything harmful. If you still aren't sure you can create a second account just for this program.
and as i keep saying, it is open source. i have nothing to hide with this software, unlike the shady big companies do with their software to hide the bad stuff theyre doing. i am very open about what this does to the point that you can read what it does. and if you disagreee with something my code does, you can edit it for your personal use, or contribute the changes back, or even maintain your own public fork.

ZunMadun

Oct 21, 2017
you can stay there beeing retarded, but I don't trust big companies, imagine a program made by anyone
This program was not made by anyone. It was made by WillyJL and if you can't trust someone named WillyJL who can you trust in this crazy world? I heard he even made a cool little script to keep people up to date with their favorite games in his parents basement.

• Haha
Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Check out the code and decide for yourself. If you trust someone's answer here, you can automatically trust the code as well.
I think he was being sarcastic, he’s even contributed in the past

BloodyPinkPanties

Donor
Apr 25, 2018
yes my pc is turning off alone, and i lost my my acc on internet, after downloaded this
Did you took a moment to look at the source code? Is there something in it that could be the cause of your problem? It looks like you're blaming this open source program without any proof. If there is realy a problem with it, point the lines of code that are threatening !
Without proof, you are just a jerk ranting :p (just go back to reddit, and let us be in peace :p)

• Haha
Reactions: Nobody8000

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
A few days ago, one of the game thread (forgot its name) was removed. F95checker asked if I want to convert it and I said yes. The game thread has been brought back but how do I revert the changes made by the checker or at least find which game was changed

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes