Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I'm probably missing something straightforward here but am having real trouble getting this to work. I can't seem to get the app to check f95, it's like it's blocked from the internet or something. I've just installed on a Mac, added a game, but there is no game information appearing even after hitting refresh - it just says unchecked/unknown for all the fields. It also says either this game doesn't have a changelog or the thread isn't formatted properly. The game does have a changelog and the thread is copied directly from the browser. Any help gratefully received.
did it not pop up a login window after you pressed refresh? maybe try clearing cookies from the sidebar > manage > clear

Reactions: xXxNeospiritxXx

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
By the way, as I'm here, thank you for your excellent work making and maintaining an app like this Willy. It's an amazing tool, and much appreciated. I'll try to send you something when I have some more disposable income than I do at present lol.

• Red Heart
Reactions: WillyJL

dresdenra

Sep 17, 2017
On startup I don't see a window/option to log in. (Linux/Debian)
Edit: I see I have the exavtly same problem as 9987033
i have the same problem no login window appears (Linux/Manjaro)
and the error in the log.txt is the same
i tried clearing cookies and nothing happens.

edit: in the meantime i fixed it by copying the db.sqlite3 from windows to manjaro.

thank you for the awesome tool.

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
since he is offline at the moment, but I tried to help him with this problem I know that the pop-up you mentioned appears only very briefly, so he could not log into F95.
if it appears very briefly then thats another kind of issue and it would need fixing...

Reactions: kd3409

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
Did you go through the process of logging in to you f95 account in the F95 checker app?
did it not pop up a login window after you pressed refresh? maybe try clearing cookies from the sidebar > manage > clear
since he is offline at the moment, but I tried to help him with this problem I know that the pop-up you mentioned appears only very briefly, so he could not log into F95.
Thanks for the replies and thanks again to Neo for trying to help me with this earlier.

I'm not being prompted to login to f95 in the checker app and can't see a way to do that. When I hit refresh there is nothing and then sometimes a system error message to say the app has unexpectedly quit. Typing a game name and hitting enter into the box at the bottom does briefly show a pop up, but it is there and gone, literally blink and you miss it quick - I can make out the words running f95zone and status logging in, but then it produces another system error message saying the app has unexpectedly quit. Clearing cookies has no effect. I'm running the latest version of the app (10.1.1), and macOS Monterey if that's helpful at all.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Thanks for the replies and thanks again to Neo for trying to help me with this earlier.

I'm not being prompted to login to f95 in the checker app and can't see a way to do that. When I hit refresh there is nothing and then sometimes a system error message to say the app has unexpectedly quit. Typing a game name and hitting enter into the box at the bottom does briefly show a pop up, but it is there and gone, literally blink and you miss it quick - I can make out the words running f95zone and status logging in, but then it produces another system error message saying the app has unexpectedly quit. Clearing cookies has no effect. I'm running the latest version of the app (10.1.1), and macOS Monterey if that's helpful at all.
hm... looks like the login window is broken again... if you want to get it to work in the meantime, you can log in on a windows / linux pc, then copy over the db.sqlite3 file (see FAQ), otherwise just wait until i find a fix

deschain75

Nov 25, 2022
Want to give this App a try.... but ...
Zwischenablage-1.jpg
Downloadet the latest version. My PC is pretty old with Windows 8.1 ... so ....any idea how to fix this?
Maybe there is an easy way and i just have to install/update "xyz"
If you have no suggestions, i will dig into the problem....

Last line :"[...]while importing QtGui: The specified procedure was not found"

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Want to give this App a try.... but ...
View attachment 2401562
Downloadet the latest version. My PC is pretty old with Windows 8.1 ... so ....any idea how to fix this?
Maybe there is an easy way and i just have to install/update "xyz"
If you have no suggestions, i will dig into the problem....

Last line :"[...]while importing QtGui: The specified procedure was not found"
Other 2 people had this problem, they all were on windows 8... so that’s your issue, but it shouldn’t be an issue... I will try to look into it but I can’t guarantee anything

Crazy-San

Apr 3, 2020
I've got what I hope is a small request. Would it be possible to capture the number of likes a thread has? I know that the latest update page lets you sort with that so I'm hoping there's a way that this tool would be able to as well. Thanks

mentar2000

Apr 3, 2017
I used to use this program to track mods to games along with the games themselves. It worked fine showing version numbers and when threads got updated. With an update some time ago, (version 10 I think) it doesn't work anymore. Now the version numbers list as "N/A" and I have to recheck them manually (selecting each) to see if the date changes to know when it's updated. Is it possible to bring that ability back?

Reactions: BrockLanders

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
They added AI-CG to the forum.
View attachment 2403399
am aware, update is not ready yet

I've got what I hope is a small request. Would it be possible to capture the number of likes a thread has? I know that the latest update page lets you sort with that so I'm hoping there's a way that this tool would be able to as well. Thanks
already has a forum score, which is the average of the reviews... but maybe, idk, we'll see.

I used to use this program to track mods to games along with the games themselves. It worked fine showing version numbers and when threads got updated. With an update some time ago, (version 10 I think) it doesn't work anymore. Now the version numbers list as "N/A" and I have to recheck them manually (selecting each) to see if the date changes to know when it's updated. Is it possible to bring that ability back?
explained quite a few times by now. versions arent detected from the game threads anymore. everything else still is, but versions are detected using the latest updates page (not exactly but it is the same values). old method was killing the forum, we're not going back to it. if the thread is not tracked in latest updates, then the versions wont be tracked in the tool either .

Reactions: Big Daddy

Maiuw2

Oct 1, 2017
Got 400 games on the list, did a search (had not done one in a long while)
It ended up asking for login
put in details, it tried to search, then got IP banned from f95 it seems? -
Not sure how long the ban is, but cant access this website without VPN currently.
Any ideas?

Update:
Seems it was 1h IP ban..

Additional notes:
I got a free VPN and am using that for the app and here.
Downloaded the latest Checker version, was on 10.0 - now 10.1.1
I switched download/search threads on the app from 20 to 5.
Could be a e-hentai situation, where system auto-bans IP over-searching/downloading pages.

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Got 400 games on the list, did a search (had not done one in a long while)
It ended up asking for login
put in details, it tried to search, then got IP banned from f95 it seems? -
Not sure how long the ban is, but cant access this website without VPN currently.
Any ideas?

Update:
Seems it was 1h IP ban..

Additional notes:
I got a free VPN and am using that for the app and here.
Downloaded the latest Checker version, was on 10.0 - now 10.1.1
I switched download/search threads on the app from 20 to 5.
Could be a e-hentai situation, where system auto-bans IP over-searching/downloading pages.
By search you mean quick search, or a refresh? Because it seems very weird for a quick search to cause this.
And if you were on 10.0, then yeah that’s your issue (I make updates for a reason). Before 10.1.1, refreshes made HEAD requests to each thread, and that caused a lot of stress to the webserver. Now it uses a special api that serves just version numbers for up to 100 games at a time, so the average refresh for you now is 4 requests as opposed to 400+ before.

Reactions: Maiuw2

Maiuw2

Oct 1, 2017
By search you mean quick search, or a refresh? Because it seems very weird for a quick search to cause this.
And if you were on 10.0, then yeah that’s your issue (I make updates for a reason). Before 10.1.1, refreshes made HEAD requests to each thread, and that caused a lot of stress to the webserver. Now it uses a special api that serves just version numbers for up to 100 games at a time, so the average refresh for you now is 4 requests as opposed to 400+ before.
yeah was full recheck of all 400+ on the 10.0 version, i think it's fixed with the update.
will always check version before i try in future.
Will also lower checks from 20 to 5 incase.

Maiuw2

Oct 1, 2017
Got any idea about this error:

"Something went wrong while parsing thread 133108:
KeyError: 'ai-cg'

More Info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "x\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\parser.py", line 303, in thread
File "x\windows\Python\3.11.1\x64\Lib\enum.py", line 793, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'ai-cg'

~ note: I replaced stuff with 'x'.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes