Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Hmm. I thought I had already done a refresh with 10.1.1. Would have been less surprising if I had realized it was the first. I occasionally watch the little process note in the bottom right corner so I was quite surprised to see such a high number. Not to mention the lack of apparent randomness vs the old behaviour as you explained.

Reactions: WillyJL

MakrillMore

Sep 7, 2022
Got this error today.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 500, in fast_check
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.1\x64\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 346, in loads
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.1\x64\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 337, in decode
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.1\x64\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Attached the error file.

Reactions: tyrannous

Kin27alf

Feb 18, 2018
Hi All, I'm having trouble opening the app... these are the error messages... someone can help me? Please...

1674836832704.png

Thks in advance....

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi All, I'm having trouble opening the app... these are the error messages... someone can help me? Please...

View attachment 2344118

Thks in advance....
anche qualcunaltro aveva questo problema... e aveva la finestra simile alla tua, nel senso che non e windows 10... sembrerebbe windows 8... non dovrebbe essere un problema ma potrebbe esserlo diventato a questo punto. mi servono un po di info sul tuo sistema

Someone else had this problem too... and had a similar window to yours in the sense that it's not windows 10... looks like windows 8... shouldn't be a problem but it may have become one at this point. I need some info on your system

Last edited by a moderator:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Got this error today.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 500, in fast_check
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.1\x64\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 346, in loads
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.1\x64\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 337, in decode
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.1\x64\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Attached the error file.
did it happen only once, or is it a reoccurring problem? i kinda understand why it happens, and if its a one time / rare thing i can just make it retry a few times

MakrillMore

Sep 7, 2022
did it happen only once, or is it a reoccurring problem? i kinda understand why it happens, and if its a one time / rare thing i can just make it retry a few times
Like almost every time I refresh with the button and at least once during auto refresh.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Like almost every time I refresh with the button and at least once during auto refresh.
ah, i didnt see the attached file and just assumed it was an empty response. instead its a ddos guard check... ill see with sam if its intentional or if theres a way around it. for now try to change ip, rerstart router, restart pc, maybe use a vpn and refresh less often

Reactions: MakrillMore

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Something weird happened. Project Myriam got updated, but the versions lists as N/A
1675226837901.png

Going to the thread, it lists ok (but I guess it's the bit behind it in parenthesis thaqt throws it off?)
1675226941108.png

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Something weird happened. Project Myriam got updated, but the versions lists as N/A
View attachment 2356097

Going to the thread, it lists ok (but I guess it's the bit behind it in parenthesis thaqt throws it off?)
View attachment 2356099
im guessing you either missed the 10.1.1 explanation i put some time ago, or i did not explain it properly. versions are not detected fro mthe thread anymore, and checks are not done by redirects anymore. the new system uses basically the same version values the latest updates page uses. you can see yourself that the version is missing from there... you can tell the moderators i guess

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
im guessing you either missed the 10.1.1 explanation i put some time ago, or i did not explain it properly. versions are not detected fro mthe thread anymore, and checks are not done by redirects anymore. the new system uses basically the same version values the latest updates page uses. you can see yourself that the version is missing from there... you can tell the moderators i guess
my bad, missed that. You explained it perfect. I just don't have the time atm to read every post in threads, so if I encounter an issue I just do a search if it has been posted about already.
I did notice refresh checking being multitudes faster. So there's that at least.

Last edited:

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
I'm struggling with this on Linux, can't get it to do anything at all. It starts up alright but never logs in, never asks for login details and I can't see anywhere to add any, doesn't matter which browser is selected. I've tried restarting everything and clearing cookies, etc. All I can do is add games with a URL but it does nothing with them since it never connects.

If it's any help, here's the sparse contents of log.txt
Code:
Attribute Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts must be set before QCoreApplication is created.
WARNING: QApplication was not created in the main() thread.

(F95Checker:1732): GLib-CRITICAL **: 10:09:01.921: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context' failed
Attribute Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts must be set before QCoreApplication is created.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I'm struggling with this on Linux, can't get it to do anything at all. It starts up alright but never logs in, never asks for login details and I can't see anywhere to add any, doesn't matter which browser is selected. I've tried restarting everything and clearing cookies, etc. All I can do is add games with a URL but it does nothing with them since it never connects.

If it's any help, here's the sparse contents of log.txt
Code:

(F95Checker:1732): GLib-CRITICAL **: 10:09:01.921: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context' failed
Are you running it from source or binary? What distro? How old of a distro?

K.T.L.

Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Are you running it from source or binary? What distro? How old of a distro?
Hi. Running Linux Mint 20.2 Uma (based on Ubuntu). Downloaded F95Checker from - presume that's the binary version. Interestingly the browser extension seems to be able to communicate with the program, it adds games to the list as expected.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi. Running Linux Mint 20.2 Uma (based on Ubuntu). Downloaded F95Checker from - presume that's the binary version. Interestingly the browser extension seems to be able to communicate with the program, it adds games to the list as expected.
hm well im not too surprised, that feature is actually really basic...

what is presumably happening is that qt is complaining and not wanting to open the integrated browser (unrelated to your browser setting) to let you log in... can you try running the F95Checker-Debug binary in a terminal and sending the output it gives you when you try to refresh?

K.T.L.

Donor
Mar 5, 2019
It printed the following in the terminal. The log.txt file remained empty. The progress stuck at 0% till I cancelled it.
Code:

(F95Checker-Debug:12965): GLib-CRITICAL **: 18:15:14.669: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context' failed

• Thinking Face

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
I came across my first game that got deleted. If I click the Do nothing button, the dialogue stays put and if I click Convert the dialogue stays put. 10.1.1, btw.

1675530756038.png

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I came across my first game that got deleted. If I click the Do nothing button, the dialogue stays put and if I click Convert the dialogue stays put. 10.1.1, btw.

View attachment 2365596
Yeah... that’s the point...? It tries to check for updates for it, but it can’t because the thread is gone. If you don’t do anything, it will try again, and fail again, getting you nowhere. The solutions are either remove the game or convert it to a custom game, which does not get checked for updates.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Yeah... that’s the point...? It tries to check for updates for it, but it can’t because the thread is gone. If you don’t do anything, it will try again, and fail again, getting you nowhere. The solutions are either remove the game or convert it to a custom game, which does not get checked for updates.
But clicking any one of the buttons should dismiss the dialogue, no? Unless I'm misinterpreting, it sounds like he can't get the dialogue to go away...

I have only used Remove and Convert when encountering that dialogue, so maybe he encountered a bug because he clicked Do Nothing?

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes