Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
But clicking any one of the buttons should dismiss the dialogue, no? Unless I'm misinterpreting, it sounds like he can't get the dialogue to go away...

I have only used Remove and Convert when encountering that dialogue, so maybe he encountered a bug because he clicked Do Nothing?
hm yeah, i might have misunderstood the "stays put"...

estrada777 did you by chance encounter that after reopening the tool from background mode after a while? because my best guess is that there are many identical popups one on top of the other, so you are dismissing them, but there are other ones underneath...

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
hm yeah, i might have misunderstood the "stays put"...

estrada777 did you by chance encounter that after reopening the tool from background mode after a while? because my best guess is that there are many identical popups one on top of the other, so you are dismissing them, but there are other ones underneath...
That is possible, I ended up closing the app to make it go away. Now it shows this
1675552725990.png
Which I assume means it got converted?

Jul 28, 2020
Anyone who goes to this much trouble to create something to make site navigation easier deserves kudos and awards. Thanks for creating this and even more for maintaining it. (y)
d4528927cf8910a26eff1d9618c4e8cf.jpg

• Red Heart
Reactions: WillyJL

AlfAlf

Sep 3, 2017
Anyone used "Game Manager" and if so how well does this compare to that? Servers seem to be down for "Game Manager" (dunno if temporary or if he shut them down) so I'm looking for alternatives.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Anyone used "Game Manager" and if so how well does this compare to that? Servers seem to be down for "Game Manager" (dunno if temporary or if he shut them down) so I'm looking for alternatives.
as the developer of this tool, my opinion if of course biased, but ill try to keep it fair.

they are quite different in principle. game manager, as the name suggests, manages your games for you, manages your folders, is more "tweakable" and has more options. f95checker started as just an update checker, but over the time it grew more into a game library of sorts. still tho i keep it true to its core principles, mainly of not managing your folders for you. i feel like getting folders and games files involved makes it too confusing for the average user and leaves a lot of room for error. it can track updates, what versions you installed and played, and has some organization options to manage your list. all of this tho is manual, it will not detect your game folders. it will read data from the forum for game info, but all the rest you have to tell it yourself.

i would say that f95checker will fulfill the average user's needs, it has less features than game manager but the ones it has are (for the most part, and in my opinion) well thought out and will be just fine for the average user.

AlfAlf

Sep 3, 2017
as the developer of this tool, my opinion if of course biased, but ill try to keep it fair.

they are quite different in principle. game manager, as the name suggests, manages your games for you, manages your folders, is more "tweakable" and has more options. f95checker started as just an update checker, but over the time it grew more into a game library of sorts. still tho i keep it true to its core principles, mainly of not managing your folders for you. i feel like getting folders and games files involved makes it too confusing for the average user and leaves a lot of room for error. it can track updates, what versions you installed and played, and has some organization options to manage your list. all of this tho is manual, it will not detect your game folders. it will read data from the forum for game info, but all the rest you have to tell it yourself.

i would say that f95checker will fulfill the average user's needs, it has less features than game manager but the ones it has are (for the most part, and in my opinion) well thought out and will be just fine for the average user.
Sounds good, the manage folders part is honestly not that important and was actually kind of annoying at first since you had to manually "install" every game through the launcher. Mainly use it to keep track of games and what games I've played which I'd say is the most important part so if it does that then it's good enough for me.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Sounds good, the manage folders part is honestly not that important and was actually kind of annoying at first since you had to manually "install" every game through the launcher. Mainly use it to keep track of games and what games I've played which I'd say is the most important part so if it does that then it's good enough for me.
fair enough :D i would suggest reading through the first few FAQs, theyre basically a quick start guide of sorts :)

AlfAlf

Sep 3, 2017
fair enough :D i would suggest reading through the first few FAQs, theyre basically a quick start guide of sorts :)
Seems like a pretty good program, will just have to manually add every link again since from what I can tell Game Manager doesn't have an export html button. Also not sure if it's an oversight or not but when having "use private mode" on it will open threads in a private window but html games it will open in a normal window.

H4LL0W3LT

May 24, 2020
Hello everyone, I have a question about updating. As I have read, the update behavior was adjusted with version 10.1.1 and the content of the thread was no longer searched.
Now I've noticed that the version numbers of "Mod"s are no longer recognized either intentionally or unintentionally. So of course I don't get them updated anymore.
Is there something I can do for my mods to be recognized again? Or does the new interface no longer cover the area of the website?

Jan 10, 2022
Screenshot_25.jpg

for how long is that already in the tool? i just noticed it yet and i have to say that this is amazing, thx Willy still Love your tool

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a question about updating. As I have read, the update behavior was adjusted with version 10.1.1 and the content of the thread was no longer searched.
Now I've noticed that the version numbers of "Mod"s are no longer recognized either intentionally or unintentionally. So of course I don't get them updated anymore.
Is there something I can do for my mods to be recognized again? Or does the new interface no longer cover the area of the website?
Read these 2:
https://f95zone.to/threads/f95checker-willyjl.44173/post-9912208
https://f95zone.to/threads/f95checker-willyjl.44173/post-9974936

The old system caused problems to the forums. Now it uses the same data you can see on the “latest updates” page. Nothing I can do about mods not being included in there

Reactions: H4LL0W3LT

H4LL0W3LT

May 24, 2020
Read these 2:
https://f95zone.to/threads/f95checker-willyjl.44173/post-9912208
https://f95zone.to/threads/f95checker-willyjl.44173/post-9974936

The old system caused problems to the forums. Now it uses the same data you can see on the “latest updates” page. Nothing I can do about mods not being included in there
I read those two posts, hence my question. But that unfortunately paints the picture I feared.
The interface only looks at the threads that appear in the refreshed "Latest Updates" section. The mods are not integrated there. Thanks, I haven't been able to filter out this information for myself yet. Now I get it and I have to live with it.

I still like using your tool.

greetings

Jul 22, 2017
Took a long F95 break. Glad to see that this tool has really grown in the time since I last gave it a whirl. A couple of wishlist items that admittedly, maybe you've already considered or had requested before, but I'll throw em out there anyway.

- I'd love to be able to change the date format from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy.

- I'd love to be able to sort my library in the small tile or large tile views, without having to go into the list view first and click on a header.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I'd love to be able to change the date format from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy.
Already possible :D it’s in the sidebar settings

I'd love to be able to sort my library in the small tile or large tile views, without having to go into the list view first and click on a header.
Doubt that would be possible due to how I made it work sadly

Reactions: AllanBlackwater

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Feature request: Add a divider in the changelog between the version when the game was last played and when something new was added.

in other word. I played v0.1 and v0.2 was uploaded. have a divider between 0.1 and 0.2

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes