Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

SoraBlack

Jan 1, 2019
Found a little bug ( dunno if this is know already ) but if you have one partition that is unreadable (like a partition on an external drive used for Wii games) the program crashes when trying to browse through the drives.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Is it possible for you to make it so it opens html games in incognito if you have chosen so in the settings? Currently it will open thread links in incognito but html games it will just open in a normal tab so you have to manually go to the file location if you want to open it in incognito.
Maybe

Is there a way to manually enter a "last updated" date for custom games?
Not currently

This is the error I got when adding a game with AI CG tag
Am aware

I've a Windows 11 System. I tried running the checker and I've getting an error constantly.

I tried to search for games. It shows Status: Logging in and then gives me an error. So i added games both via url & via the dosktop extension. Both of them is adding the games, but they remain unchecked. When I hit refresh it again gives me the same error.

Any help appreciated. Screenshot of error included.

View attachment 2379580
Something weird with your windows. When something goes wrong it’s 90% windows fault. Idk try the usual sfc and dism fixes, update drivers, update windows, use a vpn, check permissions, idfk

I am getting this error every time I try to refresh my game list.
I know

Question, if a topic is a collection, can we manage multiple titles under it? Or adding a non F95Zone game?
No, this tool handles games just as they are threads on the forum. But you can add custom games if you want

Reactions: AllanBlackwater

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Found a little bug ( dunno if this is know already ) but if you have one partition that is unreadable (like a partition on an external drive used for Wii games) the program crashes when trying to browse through the drives.
For some error messages for me? Either log.txt, or run the debug exe

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Currently it only copies just the link to clipboard...
@WillyJL Just tried what happens if you use that button with the new multi-select option. I had hoped it would then copy all links for the currently selected games.
Maybe an idea? Plus a setting to indicate if you want them copied as just links or formatted with BB-Code?
Likewise if you click the Open Thread button to open all threads of multi-selected games?
Selected games only react to the right click menu. I will work on it more, but that will probably always be the case

On another topic:
@WillyJL? I have this game in my list that's actually in the mod section of F95Zone. However, due to it not using the correct (or matching) forum template, F95Checker isn't able to pick up which version should be used. Since there hasn't been an update since I added this game, I don't know if it'll detect a future update. I'm guessing that won't be an issue with how checks are done now, but still would be nice if it could show which version it had/currently has.
All versions are now handled just like the latest updates page. Old method was too heavy on the forums, so this will probably never change back

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
[Feature wish]
A direct interaction between Checker and the F95_BB_Forum would be ideal. Fancy Drag and Drop, of a single Checker_Row as a F95_BB_Forum_Link, or multiple selected Checker_Rows as a list of F95_BB_Forum_Links for inserting when add|edit F95_BB_Threads.

PS: Where to buy|spend|insert some bucks for you guys for the use of Coffee&|Beer&|spicyPizza?
Drag and drop probably never, it’s not really supported with the interface I am using. Copying sure. Copying as bb format I don’t know, we’ll see

Reactions: razfaz

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Selected games only react to the right click menu. I will work on it more, but that will probably always be the case
You mean that if those options "Copy Link"/"Open Thread" were an item on the context menu it maybe could work? Ehm, oh wait :unsure: they're already there :cool:. So they would just need to be aware of multi-selections...sounds easier than it probably is...

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
You mean that if those options "Copy Link"/"Open Thread" were an item on the context menu it maybe could work? Ehm, oh wait :unsure: they're already there :cool:. So they would just need to be aware of multi-selections...sounds easier than it probably is...
you will notice that the context / right click menu is different when you do it on one game, or on multiple selected games. thats because the one on multiple selected games works and does the actions on all the selected games. everything you see in there works, including open thread, which will open each thread for each selected game. whats missing is the copy link, and possibly a way to have the copy link do it in bb format

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Got the last build (1027), no more prompt. Thanks (y)

But eh... intentional or did something go wrong with packing the zip? All of the .dll's ended up in the program folder instead of the ./lib folder. Not that it really matters, it runs just fine with them there, just wondered because it's the first time I see them there. Aside from that, I tried what happens after moving them to the ./lib folder myself (except for the python3/python311 dll's), everything still seems to run fine. But just to be sure, I still unpacked the zip again and this time left everything where it ended up.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Got the last build (1027), no more prompt. Thanks (y)

But eh... intentional or did something go wrong with packing the zip? All of the .dll's ended up in the program folder instead of the ./lib folder. Not that it really matters, it runs just fine with them there, just wondered because it's the first time I see them there. Aside from that, I tried what happens after moving them to the ./lib folder myself (except for the python3/python311 dll's), everything still seems to run fine. But just to be sure, I still unpacked the zip again and this time left everything where it ended up.
Weird. A new release of cx_Freeze did just come out, probably why. Need to look into all the news features and update the build process also hopefully it properly supports Python 3.11 now. And hopefully the project maintainer didn’t make any stupid decisions and that dll thing you got is an option rather than the new default

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Ok, don't know if I should post this on github or just here.

with this game, Long Story Short, something weird is happening with the description.

The description, instead of containing what's in the thread, shows part of the changelog.
No doubt caused by the fact that the changelog contains the wordStory as part of the entry for version V0.7a1.
It seems this takes precedence over the mostly used term Overview

However, the changelog itself shows in full.

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Ok, don't know if I should post this on github or just here.

with this game, Long Story Short, something weird is happening with the description.

The description, instead of containing what's in the thread, shows part of the changelog.
No doubt caused by the fact that the changelog contains the wordStory as part of the entry for version V0.7a1.
It seems this takes precedence over the mostly used term Overview

However, the changelog itself shows in full.
You are probably right... I’ll take a better look at it

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
I'm probably missing something straightforward here but am having real trouble getting this to work. I can't seem to get the app to check f95, it's like it's blocked from the internet or something. I've just installed on a Mac, added a game, but there is no game information appearing even after hitting refresh - it just says unchecked/unknown for all the fields. It also says either this game doesn't have a changelog or the thread isn't formatted properly. The game does have a changelog and the thread is copied directly from the browser. Any help gratefully received.

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
I'm probably missing something straightforward here but am having real trouble getting this to work. I can't seem to get the app to check f95, it's like it's blocked from the internet or something. I've just installed on a Mac, added a game, but there is no game information appearing even after hitting refresh - it just says unchecked/unknown for all the fields. It also says either this game doesn't have a changelog or the thread isn't formatted properly. The game does have a changelog and the thread is copied directly from the browser. Any help gratefully received.
Did you go through the process of logging in to you f95 account in the F95 checker app?

Reactions: WillyJL
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes