• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes
Mar 23, 2021
Hey Willy,

Another idea I have (if no one already suggested it) : would it be possible to make the exe paths editable ? As in, I downloaded a Monster College update today, so my exe path went from [...]\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\MonsterCollege.exe to [...]\MonsterCollege-0.7.10-pc\MonsterCollege.exe. I feel in this kind of cases, which are rather frequent, it'd be easier to just use the keyboard to edit the path instead of setting a new one from scratch.

What do you think? :)
Did you know:
you can click Add Exe then drag-and-drop the new exe onto the pop up? It's super easy to add a new path, easier than typing an updated path actually.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
WillyJL

I saw that you want to add a gallery. I understand that, in addition to the game preview image, the remaining images will also be downloaded?
Is it possible to make this function switchable?
it's just "AppData\Roaming\f95checker" is already 1 gig already, I wouldn't want it to get any bigger.
Right now I'm manually setting up smaller custom previews for games whose previews are 3 mb or more, some of them 10-15 mb. I've already reduced "AppData\Roaming\f95checker" by 100 megabytes.
Yeah of course, gonna be an option

Reactions: simple_human

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
WillyJL with the new "finished" checkbox system. how do you differentiate a game as "ignore this update" compared to "waiting to be downloaded"?

Lets say game1, ive finished chapter 1. clicked the finished checkbox, so now both installed and finished are fully checked.
Then chapter 1.1 comes out (so now installed is half checked), I do not want to play this update and want to ignore it until the next update

At the same time, say game2 gets updated, that i do want to download. it will also be in the same state (finished fully checked, installed half checked)

Previously I would just set game1 as finished to ignore current update, but now I would lose my real finished version.

My workaround atm is to uncheck installed completely.
It starts as half checked, so click changes it to fully checked, which moves it around bc of my sort, then I need to hunt it down and click it again to uncheck.

But idk how "installed unchecked" would react to a the next update? would it move it to the top of the list or would the recent updates be the only standout indicator

I guess another workaround would be, leave game1 as is (finished fully checked, installed half-checked) and set game2, that i do want to download, as installed. then use the red play button as an indicated that i haven't downloaded it yet

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
But idk how "installed unchecked" would react to a the next update? would it move it to the top of the list or would the recent updates be the only standout indicator
It doesn't react. It stays as it was.
It was finished, so that's checked, and installed, so that's checked. You got an update, now what you have installed you still finished, but you don't have latest installed, so finished is checked installed is half checked. Another update comes, how would that change the status quo? You didn't install a new version, so you still finished what is installed, so that's checked. And you still don't have the new version installed, so that's half checked. You will get an update marker on it, and ofc the last updated date changes, but that's it

Reactions: ascsd

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
WillyJL with the new "finished" checkbox system. how do you differentiate a game as "ignore this update" compared to "waiting to be downloaded"?

Lets say game1, ive finished chapter 1. clicked the finished checkbox, so now both installed and finished are fully checked.
Then chapter 1.1 comes out (so now installed is half checked), I do not want to play this update and want to ignore it until the next update
If an update comes out that I want to ignore, I just mark installed as fully checked.

Reactions: WillyJL and ascsd

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
If an update comes out that I want to ignore, I just mark installed as fully checked.
With my sorting, that puts it in the same group of games I have installed and am currently playing

I've tested my other suggestion of setting the game I want to download as installed fully checked when the recent updates window pops up, and making sure it's folder is empty so the play button is red. And its been sweet

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
Trying the new beta 1133 (1091 was fine), my sorting was messed up. The shown/hidden columns were changed and the wrong columns were being sorted.

Unhid "Open Thread" column and it takes the place of the first column to the left showing only the border a few pixels wide. Can't click, sort or move the column. I'd guess the column numbering got messed up?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Trying the new beta 1133 (1091 was fine), my sorting was messed up. The shown/hidden columns were changed and the wrong columns were being sorted.

Unhid "Open Thread" column and it takes the place of the first column to the left showing only the border a few pixels wide. Can't click, sort or move the column. I'd guess the column numbering got messed up?

2 new columns got added, imgui doesn't handle indexes the way I'd like, so all your settings are applied to 2 columns off than they were before. Just reapply the settings
If you still have issues, remove the imgui.ini file

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
2 new columns got added, imgui doesn't handle indexes the way I'd like, so all your settings are applied to 2 columns off than they were before. Just reapply the settings
If you still have issues, remove the imgui.ini file
Already reapplied settings but that column wasnt showing properly or allowing any interaction. Deleting imgui.ini fixed it (y)

adding it here incase its needed for debug if others face the same issue

Reactions: WillyJL

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
With my sorting, that puts it in the same group of games I have installed and am currently playing

I've tested my other suggestion of setting the game I want to download as installed fully checked when the recent updates window pops up, and making sure it's folder is empty so the play button is red. And its been sweet
I was never that picky. I suppose another workaround would be to name a label ignored, then filter it out.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ascsd and WillyJL

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
It's great to see so much development happening! I hadn't updated in months, but I did today, so I wanted to drop into the thread and mention that the latest build is working fine on my M1 Macs.

• Red Heart

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
Is this a bug or a feature?

When I click that checkbox 1.png it also changes that checkbox 2.png

I noticed that a lot of recently updated games have this checkbox, it's a bit annoying as there is a sorting element over which I have no control.

I couldn't find the game I recently updated at first.
When a game is updated, I click the checkboxes in this order 5.png and expect them to be like this 6.png ,
but it's not, and it's messing up my navigation.

shortly, I'm very uncomfortable with the way the checkboxes work now, it used to be more convenient. If it's not a bug, is it possible to please make it switchable?

Last edited:

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
Will all tags auto update to the new tags if the new tag system goes online or do we need to manual do something?

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
When I click that checkbox 1.png 1.png it also changes that checkbox 2.png
Working as intended.

The first checkbox is "finished playing/watching"
The 2nd checkbox is "downloaded"

State 1 = Empty box = "no"
State 2 = Black box with blue checkmark = "yes, but for older version"
State 3 = Blue box with black checkmark = "yes, for latest version"

So, let us say hypothetically that you had previously downloaded and finished playing v0.4
Both boxes will show state 3.

A month later you hit refresh. a new version is detected on the site. f95 checker will show on the version number
0.4 | 0.5
the first number is the last version you downloaded. the 2nd version is the latest available version. There will be an icon indicating it. like so
Capture.PNG
this picture shows for ataegina
downloaded v0.9.3 | available online v0.9.6

Now that a new version is available. The "downloaded" version will change from state 3 to state 2.
This indicates you last downloaded an older version. version 0.4
When you click on it, it changes the downloaded version to 0.5.
Before you clicked on the 2nd box, the finished playing (v0.4) and last downloaded (v0.4) versions were the same. causing state 3 for the finished playing box.
now that you clicked on downloaded latest it changed the downloaded value from v0.4 to v0.5. while "finished playing" version remained at v0.4.
Thus the finished playing checkbox changes from state 3 (done for latest version) to state 2 (done for an older version).

I guess you could make the argument that the "finished playing" box should change to state 2 as soon as a new version exists online.
But I think it is more useful currently where it shows you whether you finished playing the last downloaded version or not.

For example. if you had finished playing v0.3
last downloaded v0.4
and there is an available v0.5 on the site.
then both checkmarks will show state 2. indicating "yes for an older version"
this shows you that you did NOT finish playing v0.4. Which is something you might want to keep in mind when attempting to migrate your saves to v0.5

This is useful because some games only let you import saves if you finished the current version completely. For example hero party must fall. you need to completely finish a version before trying to upgrade to a newer version if you want save compatibility.

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Will all tags auto update to the new tags if the new tag system goes online or do we need to manual do something?
i will need to update f95checker. you will probably get an error during refresh, and also get a prompt to update to new version

Reactions: Savor

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
Working as intended.

The first checkbox is "finished playing/watching"
The 2nd checkbox is "downloaded"

State 1 = Empty box = "no"
State 2 = Black box with blue checkmark = "yes, but for older version"
State 3 = Blue box with black checkmark = "yes, for latest version"

So, let us say hypothetically that you had previously downloaded and finished playing v0.4
Both boxes will show state 3.

A month later you hit refresh. a new version is detected on the site. f95 checker will show on the version number
0.4 | 0.5
the first number is the last version you downloaded. the 2nd version is the latest available version. There will be an icon indicating it. like so
View attachment 3320469
this picture shows for ataegina
downloaded v0.9.3 | available online v0.9.6

Now that a new version is available. The "downloaded" version will change from state 3 to state 2.
This indicates you last downloaded an older version. version 0.4
When you click on it, it changes the downloaded version to 0.5.
Before you clicked on the 2nd box, the finished playing (v0.4) and last downloaded (v0.4) versions were the same. causing state 3 for the finished playing box.
now that you clicked on downloaded latest it changed the downloaded value from v0.4 to v0.5. while "finished playing" version remained at v0.4.
Thus the finished playing checkbox changes from state 3 (done for latest version) to state 2 (done for an older version).

I guess you could make the argument that the "finished playing" box should change to state 2 as soon as a new version exists online.
But I think it is more useful currently where it shows you whether you finished playing the last downloaded version or not.

For example. if you had finished playing v0.3
last downloaded v0.4
and there is an available v0.5 on the site.
then both checkmarks will show state 2. indicating "yes for an older version"
this shows you that you did NOT finish playing v0.4. Which is something you might want to keep in mind when attempting to migrate your saves to v0.5

This is useful because some games only let you import saves if you finished the current version completely. For example hero party must fall. you need to completely finish a version before trying to upgrade to a newer version if you want save compatibility.
so each checkbox has 3 states, which means 9 different combinations, and two states are enabled automatically(I have no control over them), just for one game
it's too cluttered.
normal any checkbox should have only 2 states
That doesn't look very convenient to me.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
so each checkbox has 3 states, which means 9 different combinations, and two states are enabled automatically(I have no control over them), just for one game
it's too cluttered.
youre thinking too deep about it. in practice, it means you click installed after updating, then you see theres more left to play, you finish playing and click it. done.
when another update comes, you click installed, then you click finished. done.

it is LITERALLY THE SAME *USAGE* AS BEFORE. but it REMEMBERS WHAT VERSION you finished. so now after a game is updated, it doesnt magically forget that you ever played it. if anything, the previous system was dogshit. when theres an update, it doesnt MAGICALLY ERASE YOUR MEMORY OF PLAYIGN THE PREVIOUS VERSION.

change is not always bad. head out of the sand please.

Reactions: Lustfallen

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
it's too cluttered.
normal any checkbox should have only 2 states
You are overthinking it.
Finished box depends on downloaded box.
There are pretty obvious icons indicating things (downloaded symbol. and finish line symbol).
I thought it was pretty intuitive and never required an explanation.
Now that you know, try using it for a bit

And it is fairly common to have a 3 state box. MS windows does it all the time to indicate "partial".
for example if you compress one file. then check the entire folder. you will see partial box state for compression.
same for read only and hidden.

here are 3 different box states for read only in windows
Capture.PNG

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
youre thinking too deep about it. in practice, it means you click installed after updating, then you see theres more left to play, you finish playing and click it. done.
when another update comes, you click installed, then you click finished. done.

it is LITERALLY THE SAME *USAGE* AS BEFORE. but it REMEMBERS WHAT VERSION you finished. so now after a game is updated, it doesnt magically forget that you ever played it. if anything, the previous system was dogshit. when theres an update, it doesnt MAGICALLY ERASE YOUR MEMORY OF PLAYIGN THE PREVIOUS VERSION.

change is not always bad. head out of the sand please.
man, it's your program, and it's a very cool program, it's gonna be whatever you decide!

I'm just saying it's inconvenient for me.
It's not that it's baby duck syndrome, there have been many very nice and useful updates before, it's just that this one didn't work for me. Normally any checkboxes should have only two states, check or no check, and everything else is just a complication,

Well, no problem, I'll just have to do a couple extra actions.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes